ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
DRDO's claim about being in a position to export Light Combat Aircraft Tejas has been dismissed as premature and unrealistic by former top IAF officers who want it to focus on getting the indigenous fighter plane inducted into own air force first.

"It is good to have ambitions but there are several miles to go before we can talk or think about exporting LCA.

"It is too early to talk about this as it has to be fist inducted into IAF before we take a decision on selling these planes," former IAF chief Air Chief Marshal S Krishnaswamy said.

He was reacting to DRDO's claim that it can sell light-weight multirole LCA to friendly foreign countries in future.

Krishnaswamy said DRDO and the country will have to be "realistic" as for exporting the aircraft. The country will have to make huge investments to create a new and big production line for mass production of these aircraft, he said.

The development of the home-grown fighter aircraft, which recently got 'Initial Operational Clearance' by IAF, has already taken 30 years at an estimated cost of over Rs 17,000 crore.

However, the induction is still awaited as IAF has not yet given the 'Final Operation Clearance'.

Production of the aircraft is estimated to push up the cost further.

Krishnaswamy said when it comes to exporting combat aircraft or helicopters, the seller has to provide long-term fleet support to the customer countries and "DRDO has no exposure to such fleet management practices".

"We had exported some choppers to a country and one of them crashed during the national day parade of that particular nation.

"So, we should first focus on developing the aircraft for our own requirements and then think of other things," he said.

Krishnaswamy said the first indigenously built bomber HF-24 Marut aircraft had to go through several modifications due to problems experienced in it even several years after it was inducted in IAF.

Former Western Air Command chief Air Marshal (retd) A K Singh said the development of the aircraft is far behind schedule and DRDO should first make it ready for the country's own air force.

"Moreover, you may talk about exports but the point is that who will buy such an aircraft which has taken so long for being developed and there are so many choices available for countries to buy such planes," he said.

Former Deputy Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal (retd) N V Tyagi said as a concept, the idea of exporting LCA is good as it will create revenue but one must realise that any foreign customer will buy it only after seeing its performance in the Indian Air Force, where it is yet to be inducted.

"To show its performance, it has to serve in the force for quite some time and only then, one should start thinking about exporting it," he said.

The LCA programme was initiated in the early 1980s but it has seen several delays and time and cost over-runs which have led to the postponement of phasing out of the vintage Russia-origin MiG 21 combat aircraft from the air force.

As per government plans, six squadrons of LCA would be manufactured of which two would be LCA MK-I while the remaining would be the MK-II version. A squadron comprises around 20 aircraft.

DRDO has also contracted for American GE-414 engines which would provide a stronger thrust to LCA-MK II whereas the initial two squadrons will be powered by the GE-404 power plants.

The first squadron of the fighter plane would be deployed at the Sulur air base in Tamil Nadu and the later ones are expected to replace MiG 21 squadrons at their respective bases.

DRDO Claim on LCA Tejas Export Premature: Ex- IAF Officers
This report need not be true.

It was initiated in early eighties with seed funds for creating infr and PD study. But fnding for two Tech demo was released only in 1993. So it is no old design.

JF-17 is eliciting wide spread export interest without even entering service in PLAF.

And ALH Dhurvs are simultaneously exported to many countries while serving in IA .

It is the HAL which is going to give product support for Tejas not DRDO. HAL is giving fleet support for hundreds of IAF fighters for decades, so why t could not for tejas?

And chinese have termed J-31 as export only fighter.

If tejas is good and export customers are satisfied with the performance and maintenance guarantee it will find its niche.

Since more than 200 tejas are going to serve in IAF and IN there are no doubts about parts support compared to JF-17 which is not flying in PLAF.

Reports like this quoting unqualified and spurious sources are plants by competition through friendly journos.

Every fighter has taken 25 years to mature. And the Rafale which has won MRCA is a decade old in design compared to Tejas.

Tejas will be modern for a long time.It has
Digital 4 channel Fly by wire ,
RSS compound tail less delta wing design
high composites for long endurance and lower radar reflection,,
a decent radar bigger than the one presently in Rafale,
and one of the lowest clean config RCS,
can fire120 Km range BVR missiles.
has HMDS enabled high off bore sight visually cued WVR missiles,

Its open architecture for avionics with easily replaceable and upgradable LRUs and avionics enables periodic updates like any other modern fighter.

In mk-2 it will have a TWR more or less equal to MRCA competitors.

All the modern 4.5 th gen fighters has just these techs and nothing else.

None of the 600 odd fighters serving presently in IAF ,

and thousands of fighters flying PAF and PLAF has all these techs in one platform.

People speaking here pretend as if they don't know these basic facts about fighter design.

And if you go by the kind of coverage OUTLOOK did on Modi campaign, it is the last place in the world to find objective analysis!!!.

So typical of OUTLOOK, this article writer has not interviewed DRDO Avinash chander with the above questions to give a balanced view to the reader.

Why?

Last edited:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
It need not be true.
JF-17 is eliciting wide spread export interest without even entering service in PLAF.
And chinese have termed J-31 as export only fighter.
If tejas is good and export customers are satisfied with the performance and maintenance guarantee it will find its niche.
Since more than 200 tejas are going to serve in IAF and IN there are no doubts about parts support compared to JF-17 which is not flying in PLAF.[/QUOTE @Ashutosh Lokhande
The structure and design of Tejas is much better than JF 17...
The only thing we will need to proove is that deliveries will be on time and the quality will be good....
The electronics of tejas along with the weight and cost it can beat JF17 any day..
The range of weaponary is also better...
The composite structure make its life longer than JF17 and also maintenance will be lesser....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashutosh Lokhande

People speaking here pretend as if they don't know these basic facts about fighter design.
@Pulkit
i do lack basic facts about fighter aircrafts and i hope it doesnt mean am not supposed to post any thing related to it.

i just posted it coz it was the latest related article about this topic. they are not my views. infact i dont have any view on this matter as i dont have indepth knowledge of these things. i just wanted to share the ex-IAF officers view with rest of you guys.

Country flag
@Pulkit
i do lack basic facts about fighter aircrafts and i hope it doesnt mean am not supposed to post any thing related to it.

i just posted it coz it was the latest related article about this topic. they are not my views. infact i dont have any view on this matter as i dont have indepth knowledge of these things. i just wanted to share the ex-IAF officers view with rest of you guys.
he is not talking about you ,bro. He is talking about those who says rafale is better than tejas.
do post any thing here. Many are not expert from start. People here are collaborative like ersakthivel, kunal etc.
ersakthivel's post are genuine but some time he talks of someone else in a statement quoted to some othercause he talks about all angles. Don't get dishearten and post here anything but related to subject.
again everyone knows its from an article.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@Pulkit

Thats why you should red the thread before posting. Most of the stuff that gets written as defence journalism is close to yellow journalism in india.

China is producing 3 dozen J-10s every year despite their huge flanker fleet.

But we are cutting our sanctioned squadron strength by reducing tejas to just 200, while stashing away 20 billion dollars in MMRCA circus which started out as a simple 125 Mirage-2000 buy deal a late as 2004 to replace aging 14 squads of MIg-21s, 23s, 27s and Jags because of the tejas delay (imposed on ADA by MOD and IAF themselves).

Now if we cut short tejas numbers the dream of reaching 44 squad strength will be just dream. Actually IAF fleet strength will deteriorate via PLAF if money meant for 400 tejas is diverted to just 126 rafales.

To cover up these critical curtailing of IAF fleet numbers import lobby is using all means to dump ton of dirt on tejas program for years.

It is a pure BS to say one rafale equals 3 tejas in theory. In war a fighter can be at one place at a time not in three places.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Pulkit

Country flag
Not many here are experts ... I am no expert... Bro its just that we also rely on these articles only .... You can post anything you want to ... I also post ask questions called silly etc etc... dont take that to heart ... relax and launch another query....

Enjoy and chill man... keep posting....

@Pulkit

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
i have posted it bro. check the bottom of the article.
Bureaucracy India, Govt. of India, Government of India, Ministry, Bureaucrat, Bureaucracy in India
The Indian Air Force authorities recently briefed Defence Minister Arun Jaitley on the IAF's immediate requirement of 126 Rafale combat aircraft of France. The Rs 62,000 crore contract, being tipped as the mother of all defence deals globally, had run into a rough weather during the UPA regime. Now France is pinning its hope on the Narendra Modi Government to lock the deal. While the IAF is for the deal, Indian defence observers opine that the multi-billion dollar contract will be a "financial suicide" and instead the Government should invest in reviving the comatose indigenous aircraft industry. Bureaucracy Today brings to its readers an in-depth analysis of the worthiness of the Dassault Rafale defence deal.
The future of war is not now on the ground or at sea, but in the air. As Brigadier General Billy Mitchell, then commander of all American air combat units in France, famously said in November 1918, "The day has passed when armies on the ground or navies on the sea can be the arbiter of a nation's destiny in war. The main power of defense and the power of initiative against an enemy has passed to the air."

A country without a strong Air Force is at the mercy of any aggressor. History tells us how air superiority played a decisive role and won battles in World War-I and II. The Indian border security is being continuously impacted by the rise of China as a militarily global power.

But it seems India is yet to learn its lessons from history. India's annual defence budget for the year 2014-15 is USD 39.2 billion of which the major portion is earmarked for the Army. No doubt both strong Army and Navy are important for a country's defence but air mastery is today the supreme expression of the entire military power. The large Army on the ground becomes ineffective in the absence of a strong air cover.

Defence experts say India contemplating finalizing a deal with French aerospace major Dassault for the supply of 126 Rafale fighter jets won't give an edge to the country in the case of a war with China or Pakistan. Instead the deal will burn a big hole in India's pocket.

RAFALE: A WHITE ELEPHANT?
In January 2012 when India chose the Rafale combat plane for exclusive negotiations, the company had quoted its price between USD 60-65 million (Rs 373-Rs 400 crore). Its rival, Eurofighter, had quoted USD 80-85 million (Rs 497-Rs 528 crore). But at present the cost has allegedly escalated by 100 per cent. A Defence Ministry insider tells Bureaucracy Today, "The cost has now escalated by 100 per cent. Now a Rafale fighter jet could cost USD 120 million (Rs 746 crore). It means that the deal would now cost India approximately $28-30 billion (Rs1.75 lakh crore-Rs1.86 lakh crore), making it a suicidal choice now."

However, advocating the IAF's choice for the Rafale, former Air Chief Marshal SP Tyagi tells Bureaucracy Today, "After testing each and every aircraft, the IAF selected the Rafale as it met most of its needs. And in my opinion it is the best buy. Its price, technology, overall life cycle cost evaluation, serviceability everything matters for the IAF. Our process is a time-tested one."

Appu Kuttan Soman, a diplomatic historian and a defence analyst, thinks otherwise. He opines, "Whichever aircraft is chosen would serve with the IAF until beyond 2050. Being a fourth generation aircraft, the Rafale, like all its competitors in the MMRCA bid, would be obsolete long before that. Since India would be acquiring two fifth generation aircraft—one being developed in partnership with Russia and the other being developed domestically—the MMRCA is essentially an interim buy."

Industry insiders say even if the deal is finalized, the first of the Rafales will be delivered in late 2016. "The Light Combat Aircraft will enter squadron service in 2015, thus eliminating the raison d'etre for the MMRCA acquisition. Deliveries of the rest will continue into the 2030s. By then, stealth aircraft and UAVs would have proliferated. The Rafale would have become obsolete by the time it enters IAF service in large numbers. The fifth generation fighter India is co-producing with Russia is scheduled to begin production in India in 2022. Acquiring the Rafale when India is producing a fifth generation aircraft of roughly the same cost but much greater capabilities makes no sense," Soman says.

Echoing the views of former Air Chief Marshal Tyagi, defence expert and retired Major General Gagan Deep Singh Bakshi tells Bureaucracy Today, "The Rafale deal is very good for India. The Rafale was chosen in 2012 by the IAF as it was a better option economically. It was cheaper when compared to that of the Eurofighter"¦The IAF found the French aircraft very good as its overall life cycle cost was lower than that of other planes. Also the factors such as how long it remains in service; how long it remains non-functional during its repair and recoveries.

How fast it can be, how many sorties it can generate"¦ And by the experience of the Mirage earlier with the IAF we have found that French technology is very good and its overall operating cost and life cycle come out well. The Rafale is a good fighter jet and we must buy it at the earliest."

Contradicting Tyagi and Bakshi, another defence analyst, who doesn't want to be named, says, "The deal will not be beneficial for India. The technology of the Rafale is outdated. The Rafale is not a well-desired fighter plane in the world. It is not as per international standards. France also wanted to sell it to South Korea but failed. I don't know why India has to buy it. Maybe India does not want to buy any American or Russian plane."

Sources say even A K Antony, the Defence Minister in the UPA-II regime, had developed cold feet after the cost of the Rafale spiralled to almost double the original estimate. Bakshi also admits that the price has escalated. "Due to delays, the price of the deal has gone up to USD 20 billion," he says.
As per a report published in Sunday Guardian the high cost of the Rafale is the reason why France has thus far not been able to sell any of these military jets to an Air Force other than itself.

"Even that induction has reportedly been reduced to a number which makes the aircraft irrelevant in an actual conflict. The French Air Force may buy only a little over two dozen aircraft over the years from Dassault Aviation, far less than the number it had originally agreed to purchase," the report says.
Downplaying France's inability to sell the Rafale to other countries, former Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major tells Bureaucracy Today, "That is a completely different matter. It would have happened due to the relation of France with other countries. It should not be the criteria for selection.

The IAF concern is selecting the right weapon that meets its requirements. Definitely the Rafale is best for the IAF. After evaluating all the six jet fighters, the Rafale was shortlisted. And in the IAF during evaluation there is no ranking. The IAF just figures out planes which meet its needs. Suppose, three planes meet IAF requirements during evaluation, it lets the Ministry know that these aircraft have been shortlisted by the IAF. And from there it's the work of the Ministry to lock the deal with any of the companies after cost negotiations."

In December last year, Brazil rejected France's USD 4 billion proposal for 36 Rafale fighter jets for cost reasons and went for the Swedish Saab instead. However, downplaying the Brazilian rejection, former Air Chief Marshal Tyagi tells Bureaucracy Today, "If Brazil has rejected the Rafale, it is because it has different requirements than India. In fact, the Saab is a cheaper fighter but it does not suit the IAF requirement."

DOES INDIA REALLY NEED RAFALE?
Former Maj-General Bakshi tells Bureaucracy Today, "India needs new fourth generation fighter jets. And apart from the aircraft we wanted the complete Transfer of Technology with source codes and all"¦IAF was extremely happy with the earlier Mirage 2000. In fact, the IAF wanted to buy more Mirages but the Mirage factory has been shut down. In the meantime the French developed the Rafale and they offered it to us. Before finalizing the Rafale, the IAF did a very professional analysis of fighter jets. Practically the best in the results was the Eurofighter Typhoon, and the Rafale was number two, but we went in for the Rafale as it was twin engine and best suited to fly at a low altitude even when there is any bird hit as at a low altitude the chances of a bird hitting are most and in such conditions the fighter falls like a stone. There was a series of factors that were looked into and the Rafale was found the best. Another reason to select the Rafale was that the serviceability of the aircraft is easier due to the modular replacement of the parts that can be changed instantly and hence making it to fly for much longer time during its service."
He further says, "Air power is important as it gives the edge over the enemy. But currently the condition of the IAF is critical. And if you are weak in air then you are prone to lose the battle on the ground. The current bench strength of the IAF is down to 29 squadrons from its actual 45 squadrons. For going in a war, the IAF currently needs 60 squadrons but it never got that strength. When we look at the Chinese Air Force, they have now not only the quantitive fleet but also got the qualitative advantage above us. Today China has 913 fourth generation aircraft, whereas India has just 322. Earlier, the Chinese were only bigger but now they are better than us by three times and if China maintains the same speed to modernize its Air Force, then by 2020 they would be four times bigger than us with 1,300 plus fourth generation aircraft."

Defence experts opine that India instead of buying defence technology from foreign nations should invest in developing its own indigenous fighter jets. "These planes are all technology and the delivery of the Rafale fleet will continue taking place till 2030. By that time, these planes will be obsolete. By the end of 2030, when all the planes are delivered, it will be totally out of technology. These are fourth generation planes and now fifth generation aircraft are in service," a defence analyst tells Bureaucracy Today.

WILL MODI GOVT BITE THE FRENCH TOAST?
It will be interesting to see whether the Narendra Modi Government which has a strong proponent of indegenisation of defence equipment will lock the Rafale deal. Last month, Jaitley had told reporters that indegenisation in the defence sector is an issue which is already coming up in discussions and it is an area he is "personally willing to oversee".

A deal of the magnitude of the Rafale calls for greater transparency and a guarantee that the country will get benefits proportional to the investment. Though the proponents of the deal argue that it will help India get the critical technologies it lacks, but no detail has been disclosed what India asked for in terms of transfer of technology and what the vendor has offered.

A questionnaire sent by Bureaucracy Today to Dassault Rafale on the technology transfer understanding between the company and the Government of India remains unanswered.

The defence budget is not limitless and India has other more cost-effective means of rectifying the IAF's fighter shortage. A defence analyst opines, "India should develop its own indigenous plane. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is a very good company. It has developed Tejas but it's a light fighter plane, it does not serve the purpose. It has an engine problem.

The Indian Government must give funds and incentives to the HAL so that it can upgrade its technology to develop an indigenous plane of fifth generation. It will take USD 20 billion and a minimum of 10 years but it's like planting a tree. If you don't plant a tree today after 10 years you will get nothing. But if you plant it today at least you will get something after 10 years. So this is very important."

HAL Chairman and Managing Director R K Tyagi refuted the claim of a problem in the Tejas engine. He also refused to make any comment on the Rafale deal. "Don't drag me into the issue (Rafale deal). Every deal has its own strategic importance," he tells Bureaucracy Today, adding, "There is no problem with the engine in the Tejas."

According to Soman, "The easiest way is to increase the rate of production of the Su-30MKI, which HAL is currently producing from raw materials. The LCA also will be ready for serial production before Dassault can deliver the first Rafale to India. For the price of one Rafale, the IAF can probably get three LCAs."

Reiterating better infrastructure at airfields, former Air Chief Marshal PV Naik tells Bureaucracy Today, "We need indigenisation but it cannot be done suddenly. It has to be planned over, let's say, 10 years. It starts with restructuring of the DRDO, making it lean and mean and more responsive to the users' needs. PSUs also need to be ruthlessly restructured and made more accountable.

The Ordnance Factory Board also needs a kick. The private sector needs to be encouraged to participate." Insisting on a more budget for research, he says by the time we develop our own defence equipment the Government should "go in for a planned reduction in the foreign content".

Local production is the backbone of any advanced aircraft industry. Defence observers opine that MK-II Tejas can meet the medium-range interdiction and strike role of the MMRCA. Bharat Karnad, a professor at the Centre for Policy Research, writes in his column, "A viable alternative is available in the Mark-II version of the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) — its design fits the bill of an MMRCA"¦at its heart lies a ready-to-use AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) radar developed in collaboration with Israel that is comparable to that on the Rafale."

Defence experts believe the MK-II will be superior to the Rafale in manoeuvrability with a better angle of attack and a heavier payload capacity than what the Rafale can manage. It has a similar range, about 600 km, and can be inducted into service in less time than the Rafale. "Since MK-II are locally built, there will be capacity to hike production to meet any spike in demand for spares," Karnad says.

To read more grab your copy Bureaucracy Today from your nearest Central News Agency (CNA) fed book store or subscribe online. If you subscribe right now you will have the benefit of reciving your copy of Bureaucracy Today (Special Edition) next day by 'Blue dart' Courier Service!
See the above article it has quotes from both sides. But the article you posted was so one sided.

I have nothing personal either against you are any one. Dont worry on that count.

Pulkit

Country flag
Thats why you should red the thread before posting. Most of the stuff that gets written as defence journalism is close to yellow journalism in india.

China is producing 3 dozen J-10s every year despite their huge flanker fleet.

But we are cutting our sanctioned squadron strength by reducing tejas to just 200, while stashing away 20 billion dollars in MMRCA circus which started out as a simple 125 Mirage-2000 buy deal a late as 2004 to replace aging 14 squads of MIg-21s, 23s, 27s and Jags because of the tejas delay (imposed on ADA by MOD and IAF themselves).

Now if we cut short tejas numbers the dream of reaching 44 squad strength will be just dream. Actually IAF fleet strength will deteriorate via PLAF if money meant for 400 tejas is diverted to just 126 rafales.

To cover up these critical curtailing of IAF fleet numbers import lobby is using all means to dump ton of dirt on tejas program for years.

It is a pure BS to say one rafale equals 3 tejas in theory. In war a fighter can be at one place at a time not in three places.
I hope when you are saying 3 tejas against one rafale I hope you are taking of Mk1 not mk2...
Agreee to all your points....

by 2018 or till tejas mk2 enter production we can easily have close to 100 mk1 later upgrade it and manufacture mk2 only if you want....
atleast we will conpensate the dec if not getting 44 squad.... not possibel till 2025 that too if MK2 AMCA FGFA survive our IAF...

vishal_lionheart

Local production is the backbone of any advanced aircraft industry. Defence observers opine that MK-II Tejas can meet the medium-range interdiction and strike role of the MMRCA. Bharat Karnad, a professor at the Centre for Policy Research, writes in his column, "A viable alternative is available in the Mark-II version of the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) — its design fits the bill of an MMRCA"¦at its heart lies a ready-to-use AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) radar developed in collaboration with Israel that is comparable to that on the Rafale."

That's what every wise believe. Used money effectively or either financial suicide and tax burden on Middle class in India. Rafael in picture because delay in Tejas delivery.

mahesh

Country flag
question on radar signatures in tejas,,,
i saw few images of tejas where the metal joining or molding where not done properly or altered or it was looking like it was hit by a hammer. and i also know it was done on limited series production it was doe for altering and adjusting tiny things.
my question is, the series production, as tejas is LCA its small size will have less radar reflection, is there any further chance for Tejas to reduce radar signs or even close up to a stealth mode it its class.
besides when the first factory production of mk1 will be out ? :p, i'm jumbled with dates :(

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
question on radar signatures in tejas,,,
i saw few images of tejas where the metal joining or molding where not done properly or altered or it was looking like it was hit by a hammer. and i also know it was done on limited series production it was doe for altering and adjusting tiny things.
my question is, the series production, as tejas is LCA its small size will have less radar reflection, is there any further chance for Tejas to reduce radar signs or even close up to a stealth mode it its class.
besides when the first factory production of mk1 will be out ? :p, i'm jumbled with dates :(
Till now all the LSPs were built from old tech Jaguar production lines. ADA chief was on record stating that this antiquated production tech was responsible for 6 percent reduction in Tejas aerodynamic efficiency to Ajai Shukla in an interview.

The new production line set up for tejas has world class production standards, So planes rolling off this new production lines wont face these bad quality issues.

The tejas mk-2 shape is further fine tuned for lesser RCS, and better aerodynamic efficiency. according to reports. But stealth mode is totally different RCS class, which requires entirely new airframe design.

pmaitra

That's what every wise believe. Used money effectively or either financial suicide and tax burden on Middle class in India. Rafael in picture because delay in Tejas delivery.
You should read plenty of articles by Bharat Karnad. You would be confused about where he stands.

Not saying he is wrong in this instance. Don't be surprised if he makes a volte face in another article.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas
@pankaj nema
@pmaitra
@Pulkit
@abhi_the _gr8_maratha
@TrueSpirit1
@Twinblade

ersakthivel - Philip Rajkumar is a personal friend of mine and I have known him since I was a boy and he had just joined IAF. I do believe him - but I am not trying to set up a comparison. Das is out of the loop and has strong opinions. He has an ability (like Philip Rajkumar) to bring up technical points that 99% of internet forum jingos are unaware of and that is where his utililty lies - as a person who expands the mindscape of the average educated aerospace illiterate fanboy. Some people such as yourself with deeper knowledge are bound to have differences. One need not believe him or vote for him - but one can understand the complexity of issues involved and how some decisions taken along the road cannot be reversed and how things might have been if other design choices had been made.
I have posted all the point that were raised by me in his blogspot

Prof. Prodyut Das: The Ails of the LCA

lets see what response he gives.

lets check whether what i am saying is right or wrong?

Or

Does mr Das have any research or technical stuff to back his arguments?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Pandora

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles