ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
You miss the point again. The issue is not only with the landing gear. The issue is also with the shorter runway of the carrier. An aircraft with maximum stores capcity of 3.6 tonnes will not able to take off with 3.6 tonnes when it is using a shorter runway. So the actual weight that the aircraft will carry will be much lesser and this will make it unsuitable for carrier ops. This problem will only be solved with a better engine.
How much the naval LCA mk-1 will carry will be known only after weight reduction exercise is over. We cannot guess anything now.
You should also note that tha ADA chief himself has said that mk-2 will have 60 percent composites.As the development of tejas mk-1 naval version will take some time, it is possible that tejas mk-2 will fly by the time. So it is possible to even reduce the weight of Naval tejas mk-1 by employing more composite parts developed for tejas mk-2.

There was a huge overestimation of carrier landing gear weight requirement fro tejas mk-1. So it is quite possible that if these excess weight components are pared down Even tejas mk-1 can carry some useful load.

The whole discussion is purely academic. It will take years for Navy to put into service another carrier besides INS Vikramadithya.by the time all these thins will be sorted out.

Defcon 1

Country flag
As i said read the thread, " You will find Navy waiting ADA for MK1 second flight with lighter landing gear for carrier ops.. "
*sigh of exasperation*

Kunal I didn't find what you asked me for but I did find this

Actually, HAL sold the idea to IN and IN true to its colors, went for this domestic industry product. But now it is very clear that N-LCA will be a trainer only with hardly any combat potential. But it will provide a huge tech boost to HAL/India.
This is the post #154 of lca mk2 thread. As I said, its a common knowledge that NLCA mk1 will be used only as a trainer. I don't have anything to add to this discussion. You can either agree with Decklander and all others or not, its your choice. We will find the truth in five years.

Last edited:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Python is "WVR," but is is mostly intended for Mk2. For Mk1 it is R-73. It cannot carry anything else. Only 2 R-73s will be carried.
This looks LCA lacks of Heat seeking missile integration

R-77 won't be part of LCA.
Then which kind of Radar Guided Missile will be Integrated into LCA

Astra will be 44Km, as we know from the new releases. So it is at Derby's class. 4 can be carried, same for Derby. Astra Mk2, we will know when it is ready.
Yup

KH-31 versions we have are ARM versions, not AShM. We don't yet know if it will be part of LCA program. Same with KH-35.
Somebody here accepts Anti Shipping missile in part of LCA ..Although LCA mainly designed to perform Anti shipping Role ..Happy to hear ARM missile integrated to LCA ..Should be like AWACS Killer and for SEAD Mission

1500 Kg bombs will not be part of the LCA. Neither will 1000 Kg bombs. Only 500 Kg and lesser.
Will clear it soon Sir ..!

Three fuel tanks will be carried. 1200 L, 2x 800 L.
Is it possible adding four BVR 's with this Combination

So as of today, 3 fuel tanks, 4 BVR, 2 WVR, 5 500 Kg LGBs and supporting pods, in different combinations. Anything else, we may have to wait for LCA Mk2. While LCA Mk1 is carrying bombs it can only carry 2 WVR missiles.
Yup

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
*sigh of exasperation*

Kunal I didn't find what you asked me for but I did find this

This is the post #154 of lca mk2 thread. As I said, its a common knowledge that NLCA mk1 will be used only as a trainer. I don't have anything to add to this discussion. You can either agree with Decklander and all others or not, its your choice. We will find the truth in five years.
Space constraints prevent any meaningful description of materials, technology, facilities, processes developed for execution of the project. Military aviation enthusiasts may read a monograph on Aeronautical Technology that has attained maturity through DRDO efforts; much of this technology finds application in the LCA project. The monograph was brought out at Aero India 1998. The LCA is tailless with a double-sweep delta wing. Its wing span is 8.2 m, length 13.2 m, height 4.4 m. TOW clean 8.500 kg, MTOW 12500kg. It will be super-sonic at all altitudes, max speed of M 1.5 at the tropopause. Specific excess power and g-over load data has not been published. Maximum sustained rate of turn will be 17 deg per sec and maximum attainable 30 deg per sec. Funds have been sanctioned for a Naval LCA. PD and studies in critical technology areas have commenced.

The aircraft will be powered by a Kaveri engine (more information follows) and is to operate from the Indian Navy's Air Defence Ship, under construction. Launch speed over a 12 deg ramp is 100 kts; recovery speed during a no flare deck landing, using arrester gear, is 120 kts. Take off mass 13 tonne, recovery mass 10 tonne. Most stringent requirements are that the airframe will be modified: nose droop to provide improved view during landing approach; wing leading edge vortexes (LEVCON) to increase lift during approach and strengthened undercarriage. Nose wheel steering will be powered for deck maneuverability.
LCA Tejas - Featured Articles: The Light Combat Aircraft Story by Air Marshal MSD Wollen (Retd)

So you can stop believing in stories that HAl sold IN some candies in the name of Tejas.

First of all naval tejas is a DRDO-ADA project. So there is no need for HAL to sell a product to navy which does not belong to it.

It was developed from the outset to have a naval version even in 1998.

And that is what is being done. no one can present their own spin on the story. It is as official as it gets.

Agreeing with Decklander is not what Nava tejas is all about!!!!!!!!!!

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
With a combination of multi ejector rakes and future development of conformal fuel tanks a versatile combination of Russian , Western and indian Astra versions can be carried on both the Mk-1 and mk-2.
First time Hearing about Muli ejecter racks for A2A Missiles ..heard of A2G Missile and Bombs are ok with Multi ejector ..Like the Brimstones in western Platform

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
First time Hearing about Muli ejecter racks for A2A Missiles ..heard of A2G Missile and Bombs are ok with Multi ejector ..Like the Brimstones in western Platform

i have seen them on RAFALE somewhere else.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Don't avoid question, Why you quoting @Decklander ?

You are merely trolling..

Because I have already given you two sources and provided a logical explanation as well. You have rejected everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Don't avoid question, Why you quoting @Decklander ?
Told you, because I don't have anything else and Decklander is respected by all. I don't have anything else to support my claim.

You dont have logic, You merely trolling.
You are the one who is trolling. I have given you two different sources which say that NLCA will see operations from carrier only after getting a new engine. I have given you reason for it (since it won't be able to carry enough weight because of less power of the old engine). I have also showed you the post of a defence professional

You on the other hand haven't provided me a single source which says nlca mk1 is for combat duty. So keep your bs to yourself and reply to this post only if you have found a proper source to support your claims.

Singh

Phat Cat
Country flag
Told you, because I don't have anything else and Decklander is respected by all. I don't have anything else to support my claim.

You are the one who is trolling. I have given you two different sources which say that NLCA will see operations from carrier only after getting a new engine. I have given you reason for it (since it won't be able to carry enough weight because of less power of the old engine). I have also showed you the post of a defence professional

You on the other hand haven't provided me a single source which says nlca mk1 is for combat duty. So keep your bs to yourself and reply to this post only if you have found a proper source to support your claims.
I am sure @Kunal Biswas will be able to find sources to refute both you and @Decklander

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Your claims were half truth, No where it is said NLCA is not meant for carrier ops instead You were also provided with official specs and images with written anti ship-role so does KH-35 mockup with Tejas, ( #1184, #1183, #1193, #1195 ) I quoted your proof and explained it well here you on other hand ignored the details and hang on your argument despite it was wrong, all this only shows you are trolling and wasting bandwidth after argument winning..

Decklander never said that Tejas are only for training, you dont have clue how Navy works Ask him again and he will explain in details..

You are the one who is trolling. I have given you two different sources which say that NLCA will see operations from carrier only after getting a new engine..

Decklander

Your claims were half truth, No where it is said NLCA is not meant for carrier ops instead You were also provided with official specs and images with written anti ship-role so does KH-35 mockup with Tejas, ( #1184, #1183, #1193, #1195 ) I quoted your proof and explained it well here you on other hand ignored the details and hang on your argument despite it was wrong, all this only shows you are trolling and wasting bandwidth after argument winning..

Decklander never said that Tejas are only for training, you dont have clue how Navy works Ask him again and he will explain in details..
Let me reclarify my post. The first 8 NLCA MK1 which are 4 Trainers +4 Fighters will be used by INAS-552 for operational training of pilots to fly from Deck with very limited offensive capabity. The NLCA MK2 will be the main fighter which will be inducted into reguler fighter sqns.

Defcon 1

Country flag

You are making a fool of yourself kunal. You posted only 2-3 pics related to naval LCA and all of them are of pre 2008 time(including the mockups), when the mk 2 did not exist. So obviously all the weapons were meant for a single NLCA then. If you had read it properly, you would have found that one of the images mentioned "Kaveri"

Where is your proof? Show me proof of post 2008 where NLCA mk 1 is intended for combat duty.

Btw, another source to support my claim

LCA Navy - IDP Sentinel

In Phase 2, LCA Navy will be certified for carrier operations using two aircraft (NP3 & NP4) built in the Tejas Mk2 configuration, powered by GE-414-INS6 engine with a max thrust of 22,000 lbs.

Only Phase 2 aircraft will participate in carrier operation certification, with Phase 1 aircraft being reserved exclusively for SBTF operations.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Your claim was about NLCA mk1 is not for Carrier ops, which is rectified by @Decklander and as i said Tejas were always had a role for Anti-ship in navy..

Kaveri is inferior to GE-404-IN which actually makes it more capable, Dont ask same questions which you have already answered..

From your source >>

The prototypes developed under this phase would be powered by the GE-F-404-IN20 engine with a max thrust of 17,700 lbs and would serve as Technology Demonstrators to prove Aircraft Carrier Compatibility.
If so than these MK1 are Carrier Compatible..

Dont make yourself more lame, by call others fool..

You are making a fool of yourself kunal. You posted only 2-3 pics related to naval LCA and all of them are of pre 2008 time(including the mockups), when the mk 2 did not exist. So obviously all the weapons were meant for a single NLCA then. If you had read it properly, you would have found that one of the images mentioned "Kaveri"

Where is your proof? Show me proof of post 2008 where NLCA mk 1 is intended for combat duty.

Btw, another proof to support my claim

LCA Navy - IDP Sentinel

Defcon 1

Country flag
So now resorting to delete my posts because you have no answer. Good going.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
All evidence are provided, Regarding all the questions even decklander clear some facts, but you are resorting to ranting..

This is not civilized debate, Read what you have provided and than only discuss..

So now resorting to delete my posts because you have no answer. Good going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles