2024 US Presidential Elections

Immanuel

Country flag

This shit is funny, shitshow just went to another gear, I guess quite expected

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Moving beyond political vendetta, is there any crime this total piece of shit has not been accused of being involved in? How on earth did a scumbag like that develop such a massive cult following?

Detective Pennington

Country flag
I expected him to be convicted of the misdemeanor charges but not the felony charges. he wasn’t paying her to cover up a crime. It’s hard to know without access to the jury deliberations what they were thinking. Also hard to say how this influences the election. Republicans and Democrats won’t care, but independents may think real hard about this given the can’t pardon himself for a state crime.

also it’s hilarious how the first felony conviction for a US president wasn’t for all the fucked up shit that the US did around the globe like starting a war in Iraq, or all the illegal CIA coups, but for bribing a woman he cheated on his wife with to stay silent

Longewala

Country flag
Why would an American voter be bothered about some people getting bombed and killed in some faraway land?
The question was
"is there any crime this total piece of shit has not been accused of being involved in".
Yes, Americans don't consider it a crime or get bothered about millions of people being murdered or bombed for no reason .
Yes, their leaders have never been brought to justice
It's still a crime against humanity, though. Hitler killed very few Germans, that doesn't mean he wasn't a war criminal.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
The question was
"is there any crime this total piece of shit has not been accused of being involved in".
Yes, Americans don't consider it a crime or get bothered about millions of people being murdered or bombed for no reason .
Yes, their leaders have never been brought to justice
It's still a crime against humanity, though. Hitler killed very few Germans, that doesn't mean he wasn't a war criminal.
Fair enough, I was wondering why he (and his MAGA wing) seems invincible in the Republican fold despite his past and crazy rhetoric.

Longewala

Country flag
Fair enough, I was wondering why he (and his MAGA wing) seems invincible in the Republican fold despite his past and crazy rhetoric.
Here is an interesting aside.
President.
Son in law.
Not the same thing.
Crazy, I know, but you wouldn't want an asshole as your son in law.
On the other hand, you don't care about "rhetoric" when it comes to presidents.
You care about policies.
Is he pro border control, anti needless wars in other countries, pro economic growth?
Sold.
Difficult concept I know for the non MAGA crowd who care more for virtue signalling, rainbow flags and skin deep diversity.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
On the other hand, you don't care about "rhetoric" when it comes to presidents.
You care about policies.
Is he pro border control, anti needless wars in other countries, pro economic growth?
Sold.

Difficult concept I know for the non MAGA crowd who care more for virtue signalling, rainbow flags and skin deep diversity.
His promises of reneging on Biden era emission/climate policies, limiting EVs and slapping tariffs on friendly countries will disproportionately affect the emerging economies. But more importantly, their (potential) impact on the US economy is not so straightforward either. Back in 2017-19, when he initiated a mini trade war (covering 15-20% of total US imports by value) the US actually witnessed a record trade deficit and his steel tariffs led to 0.6% fewer jobs in manufacturing;

We find that U.S. manufacturing industries more exposed to tariff increases experience relative reductions in employment as a positive effect from import protection is offset by larger negative effects from rising input costs and retaliatory tariffs. Higher tariffs are also associated with relative increases in producer prices via rising input costs.
As far as messaging is concerned, everyone signals to their own support bases, Trump does his bit and old senile Joe does his.

Either way, not my job to choose between two equally unpopular Presidential faces - was just curious about his cultlike following. The mainstream politicians adopting certain policies halted the rapid growth of unorthodox/far-right in a few European nations (Denmark etc) and pushed them back into the fringes - what stopped the Dems or mainstream Republicans from doing the same?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles