2016 US Presidential Elections

pmaitra

Thats screwed up. A bigger welfare state it is then.

This video apparently debunks Fox News:

But the problem is, Gina uses the term "citizen," and says, "I call them citizens because they contribute to the country."

Moreover, what is "undocumented citizens?" Either you are a citizen, or you are not a citizen.

So, no, Fox News was not debunked.

pmaitra

Could non-citizens decide the November election?

Excerpts:
Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.
How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.
Estimated Voter Turnout by Non-Citizens
2008 2010
Self reported and/or verified 38 (11.3%) 13 (3.5%)
Self reported and verified 5 (1.5%) N.A.
Adjusted estimate 21 (6.4%) 8 (2.2%)
Because non-citizens tended to favor Democrats (Obama won more than 80 percent of the votes of non-citizens in the 2008 CCES sample), we find that this participation was large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections. Non-citizen votes could have given Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health-care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) won election in 2008 with a victory margin of 312 votes. Votes cast by just 0.65 percent of Minnesota non-citizens could account for this margin. It is also possible that non-citizen votes were responsible for Obama’s 2008 victory in North Carolina. Obama won the state by 14,177 votes, so a turnout by 5.1 percent of North Carolina’s adult non-citizens would have provided this victory margin.
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ld-non-citizens-decide-the-november-election/

pmaitra

I have been watching both the candidates' Twitter page.

Donald Trump: Shows large crowds at his rallies, and he is hosting more rallies, and less frequent.
Hillary Clinton: Largely anecdotal, tends to lend a personal touch, and much more frequent.

I wonder whether this indicates anything at all. What do others think?

pmaitra

See this till the end. Serious, yet funny. :)

Trey Gowdy on Director Comey's Clinton decision

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Donald Trump: Shows large crowds at his rallies, and he is hosting more rallies, and less frequent.
Hillary Clinton: Largely anecdotal, tends to lend a personal touch, and much more frequent.

After FBI basically giving a clean chit to Hillary two days before the election, I am starting to believe Hillary is taking no chances whatsoever.
Unless there is a brexit level upset, Hillary is bound to win.

On the speeches front, i thought it is other way around. couple of days back CNN was saying trump had been covering more campaign speeches than hillary.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wikileaks: Sanders had non-aggression pact with Clinton who had "leverage" to enforce it Robby Mook ("re47") email reveals

Bahamut

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Please let Trump win Florida!

Akshay_Fenix

It's 50/50 in Florida.:eek1:

When will the results be out, IST. Will there be a live count as it is done in India.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

I think it means that Trump supporters are very vocal and tend to show up to rallies. Hillary supporters do not have any enthusiasm and are just voting for her because she is the lesser of two evils for them. Wonder how many will actually show up to vote..

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
I think it means that Trump supporters are very vocal and tend to show up to rallies. Hillary supporters do not have any enthusiasm and are just voting for her because she is the lesser of two evils for them. Wonder how many will actually show up to vote..

also Hillary supporters are giant d**chebags and have no good instincts as opposed to Bernie Sanders supporters which are at least somewhat aware

FYI there's two chicks making out in the background

rockey 71

Americans need to choose between a rascal and a bitch. Politically the Yankees are dumb asses. And the political culture and the extent of graft are far worse than in our SA - if that is any consolation.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Americans need to choose between a rascal and a bitch. Politically the Yankees are dumb asses. And the political culture and the extent of graft are far worse than in our SA - if that is any consolation.
Oh please, take a hike. You're from the country that was rated the most corrupt in the world by Transparency International.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Americans will make it work somehow.
If not they can always impeach the President .

This whole drama will just make Congress more powerful.
Both Trump and Hillary will be kept on leash whoever wins.
Hillary email will keep coming and can be the basis of impeachment whenever Congress feels like .
And Trump would grope someone on camera probably and handover an impeachment leash to Congress

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Americans will make it work somehow.
If not they can always impeach the President .

This whole drama will just make Congress more powerful.
Both Trump and Hillary will be kept on leash whoever wins.
Hillary email will keep coming and can be the basis of impeachment whenever Congress feels like .
And Trump would grope someone on camera probably and handover an impeachment leash to Congress
A US president has never been successfully removed from office by the process of impeachment.

IndianHawk

Country flag
A US president has never been successfully removed from office by the process of impeachment.
Mostly threat of impeachment vote is enough to make a president resign.

At the end of the day it's party politics.
Unless both Republican and Democrats agree impeachment can't happen .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles