2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

Tarun Kumar

Apparently one bus which was hardened did not suffer a scratch but the other one which was not suffered the damage. It is very clear that our security establishment is simply not up to the mark. Going on large scale offense war makes no sense. Best is to go for calibrated fire assaults on LOC to hit pakis and militant launchpads with MBRLs and build strong defense. However I take some positive from this attack that pakis have accepted that their firepower cannot match India so they have to rely on this. We must hit them harder now on LOC

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This is Pak army avenge as yesterday India shelled their cities. Time to light up the LOC again.

But to be honest, how is it so easy for them to target Indian soldiers. Something somewhere is not going right. There is some loop hole.

Just a thought....

I thought the news report of school bus being targeted was odd and out of place. There is no way our media would have missed such a news event.

I am saying there is a possibility that school bus news was created to justify today's ambush.

If the school bus event is fake, we might see such news being reported every two weeks or so consistently over a period of time.

Whether this pattern will hold, we will have to wait and see.

Tarun Kumar

They are just playing a psychological game here . They probably would have shelled just when the bus passed knowing fully well that IA will retaliate. Then they created a scene to show that IA targeted a bus and now they are signalling that they can retaliate instantly through covert ops. I think this kind of attack takes at least few days
prepare. My worry is that they may have more sleeper cells.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am saying there is a possibility that school bus news was created to justify today's ambush
Just like APS peshawar. It's a false flag operation. They know how to carry out that. And it hardly affects Pak army who is targeting Ahmidiyas currently in their country.

The pattern what you have noticed is correct.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just like APS peshawar. It's a false flag operation. They know how to carry out that. And it hardly affects Pak army who is targeting Ahmidiyas currently in their country.

The pattern what you have noticed is correct.
yup even w.r.t APS Peshawar, i had my doubts then but looking at their news coverage yesterday i.e 16th December, their media have not even discussed bangladesh yesterday. which they did the year before. i am beginning to think, it was created to ensure the future generation will forget 1971 completely.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Bipin Rawat is the new COAS superseding 3 Gen including Lt Gen Bakshi (former sword of Honor)

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I think its good that Government has finally junked seniority. Many old timers were very stodgy.We need bold generals at the helm
What do you know about those "old timers"

Gen Suhag was also an IPKF veteran, what is the achievement of his tenure ? Beheadings, Multiple bases attacked resulted in several casualties including Colonels and Majors

The point here is that Army can't do anything if the government is pusillanimous.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
yup even w.r.t APS Peshawar, i had my doubts then but looking at their news coverage yesterday i.e 16th December, their media have not even discussed bangladesh yesterday. which they did the year before. i am beginning to think, it was created to ensure the future generation will forget 1971 completely.
There were few twitter handles from PTI which were talking about Bangladesh and APS that's all.

Secondly on 16th Dec APS happened. So either they will discuss B'desh or APS. It is the ISPR which may have asked them not to do any show regarding both.

Because Past few days it is their ISPR who is boasting about their victory in current cease fire violations. And such programs will only make Pak army look like a weak military.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
What do you know about those "old timers"

Gen Suhag was also an IPKF veteran, what is the achievement of his tenure ? Beheadings, Multiple bases attacked resulted in several casualties including Colonels and Majors

The point here is that Army can't do anything if the government is pusillanimous.
bringing all martial race holders
all brutal pahadis be it dobhal or rawat :p

HindaviSwarajya

Country flag
Dont know why I think this-

They did nagrota deliberately assuming we may again go for surgerical strike, They will obviously be having heavy presence With heavy weapons ready, so when our soldiers cross loc they can have a chance of revenge not that they would have escaped from our heavy fire they would have suffered more damage but the surprise element was not there now. Qe should do cross border heavy strike. Unke G mein dum nahi samne se ladh sake, ghori k samay se chup k var karna hi aata hai.

Tarun Kumar

What can the government do, order full scale attack on pakis and see the entire islamic world and china attack India along with nuclear war offcourse. And how can we carry out limited offense when army cannot even protect its bases and internal security is so sh***y.

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is Pak army avenge as yesterday India shelled their cities. Time to light up the LOC again.

But to be honest, how is it so easy for them to target Indian soldiers. Something somewhere is not going right. There is some loop hole.

Again "Pampore" :frusty: This is third incident there. This is Central Kashmir. If this is the situation of Central Kashmir anyone guess about border areas. Can't Army figure out most radical Jihadi Area and do special combing operations. The Attackers come on Motorcycles and escaped from the scene.

Tarun Kumar

Which is my point. Pampore is far away from borders but yet these incidents are happening. This means that ISI has managed to set up sleeper cells at least in kashmir and maybe near hinterland. And neither army or pathetic police or IB or BSF can do anything about it

India22

Which is my point. Pampore is far away from borders but yet these incidents are happening. This means that ISI has managed to set up sleeper cells at least in kashmir and maybe near hinterland. And neither army or pathetic police or IB or BSF can do anything about it
The entire population because of religious reasons are against us. What can you do? For us secularism is above country. So we are helpless to do anything. It is not China, China is assisting missionaries to convert Tibetans to counter Buddhism there and have a counter weight. Just imagine the level of Chinese planning. And we did not abolish even Article 370.

Tarun Kumar

That is not an excuse I am afraid. It is just poor planning. For example it is only now that CRPF is being equipped with specialized commando battalions in kashmir. The whole Indian approach is very lethargic and sub par. Now they are talking about IWT which shows that they are unable to counter pak on hybrid war front. IWT is a dead horse to flog. You take on pakistan by fire assaults on LOC and targetted strikes cum covert ops. For that they need to induct thousands of artillery units when they have not even inducted one in last 30 years. Which comes back to whole leadership question.

India22

That is not an excuse I am afraid. It is just poor planning. For example it is only now that CRPF is being equipped with specialized commando battalions in kashmir. The whole Indian approach is very lethargic and sub par. Now they are talking about IWT which shows that they are unable to counter pak on hybrid war front. IWT is a dead horse to flog. You take on pakistan by fire assaults on LOC and targetted strikes cum covert ops. For that they need to induct thousands of artillery units when they have not even inducted one in last 30 years. Which comes back to whole leadership question.
Agreed. Overall Indian army's combat effective has greatly reduced except special units. Indians must see the problem from Clash of Civilizations. We still have significant artillery. 105mm, 122mm, 130mm and MILAN ATGMs can easily target their bunkers. What we lack is aggressive ideology.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles