2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

sorcerer

Country flag
Ceasefire Violations Aimed At Protecting Pakistan Army’s Lost Prestige: Expert

Defence expert S.P. Sinha on Saturday said Pakistan is committing ceasefire violations to protect its army’s lost prestige post the surgical strike by India across the Line of Control. “This ceasefire violation is going to keep increasing by the day up to 30th November. Firstly, loss of face of Pakistan Army…the army which used to claim that it will bleed India by thousand cuts cannot even protect its own trained terrorists.

Therefore, because of the surgical strike, there has been a loss of face with regard to Pakistan Army and within Pakistan the people are questioning the action or the credibility of Pakistan Army,” Sinha told ANI. Sinha said even a country like Saudi Arabia which once upon a time was a basic and main fund provider to Pakistan apart from America has also started singing tune in favour of India.

“Within his own party, Nawaz Sharif MPs are questioning why Pakistan is getting isolated in the international fora, be it SAARC, be it BRICS, be it United Nations. A country like Saudi Arabia which once upon a time was a basic and main fund provider apart from America has also started singing tune in favour of India and has said that terrorism in no form is acceptable to the world and the environment and India is right in taking action in defending its national interest,” he added.

Asserting that there is a titanic shift in the perception of countries which were very loyal and close to Pakistan, Sinha said this loss of face coupled with isolation of Islamabad in the world fora has caused deep concern in the psyche of the establishment, army, ISI and the government.

Besides an Indian Army soldier, a Border Security Force (BSF) jawan also lost his life in the ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Machhal sector of Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir yesterday. Last night, in an encounter close to the Line of Control in Machhal sector, an Indian Army soldier lost his life and a terrorist was also neutralized. During the encounter, a terrorist mutilated the body of the soldier before fleeing into Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), supported by covering fire from Pakistan Army posts.

“This barbarism is a true reflection which pervades official and non-official organisation across the border. This act will invite an appropriate response,” the Indian Army said in a statement.
Meanwhile, heavy mortar shelling by Pakistan has been reported in Kathua and Abdullian in RS Pura sector of Jammu and Kashmir. Indian troops are giving a befitting response to the ceasefire violation initiated by Pakistan.

On Friday, A BSF head constable was killed and seven civilians injured as Pakistan Rangers on Thursday continued firing mortar shells and small arms in R S Pura and Arnia sectors, while the Pakistani army resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the LoC in Sunderbani, Mendhar and KG sectors.

However, A BSF spokesperson, said that a Pakistan Ranger was also killed and another injured in retaliatory fire. Ever since the Indian Army on September 29th carried out surgical strikes targeting terror launch pads in PoK, ceasefire violations are a daily norm along the LoC and five Indians, including four security personnel, have been killed and 34 injured since.

On October 21, the BSF killed seven Pakistan Rangers and a terrorist in Kathua and on October 25, around three Pakistani Army personnel were reportedly killed in retaliatory firing by Indian troops in the Noushera sector of Rajouri district.
http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...protecting-armys-lost-prestige-expert/433770/

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It was a fact during surgical strike all the media and opposition to present government call Army liar.

Media only reporting Army and BSF movement and update through their portal till now.

=================

If you have any source regarding mounting causality of enemy, Do post.

If not keep off political mess away from this thread, Its a Warning for others as well.

I am only making an assumption that during surgical strike all the media, opposition etc asked for proof now.. it is media reporting the cross border firing and how many Porkis have been killed by Indian forces..

No one will ask any proof to BJP like earlier, finally media is the one who is present at LOC , though not live.There are reporters present close to LOC. If there is shelling going on they would confirm it. Even if nothing is happening, it will be media to be blamed not BJP for this fraud.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
If you have any source regarding mounting causality of enemy, Do post if not keep off political mess away from this thread, Its a Waring for others as well.
And not just that, I would also like to post paki links. It looks like their media is whole silent.

I remember, during 26/11 when India gave threat of srugical strikes , for the whole last week of Nov and till January, their media reported each and every news. There were movements of troops on both sides and much more.

But this time their media and their MNA's are completely silent. I am surprized to see such reaction from Pakistan. And I cannot digest it because a dog like Pakistan barks or comes to bite if hurt. This is why I find a lot of things fishy and there is something else going on.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
And not just that, I would also like to post paki links. It looks like their media is whole silent.
Occam's razor: simplest explanation is usually correct. Dawn got in trouble for free reporting recently, it is obvious that their media is being gagged. This might not have been true in the past. NS is in trouble and wants to look like he is in control and Raheel Sharif is supporting him.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
One

I remember, during 26/11 when India gave threat of srugical strikes , for the whole last week of Nov and till January, their media reported each and every news. There were movements of troops on both sides and much more.

But this time their media and their MNA's are completely silent. I am surprized to see such reaction from Pakistan. And I cannot digest it because a dog like Pakistan barks or comes to bite if hurt. This is why I find a lot of things fishy and there is something else going on.
Take into account that after cyril almeida episode and now their I&B minister getting sacked. It would mean that Paki army has completely consolidated their position on Paki MSM.

we can safely assume that all paki media have been formally and informally warned to tow the official line, And the porki army official line is simple "Nothing happened, unless we say so".

I am assuming this will continue until their next COAS is announced.

i say if we want accurate info, if any of us know Urdu better start scanning online urdu news sites from PoK.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
One

Take into account that after cyril almeida episode and now their I&B minister getting sacked. It would mean that Paki army has completely consolidated their position on Paki MSM.

we can safely assume that all paki media have been formally and informally warned to tow the official line, And the porki army official line is simple "Nothing happened, unless we say so".

I am assuming this will continue until their next COAS is announced.

i say if we want accurate info, if any of us know Urdu better start scanning online urdu news sites from PoK.
People on Pak forums are celebrating impending action against GeoTV and a couple of other TV channels. Free country my ass, they replaced their white masters in 1947 with brown masters

mayfair

Whatever the Islam says, but what more important is their people should see the Shaheeds. PLaying with barbarians with rules is not useful. The muslim living in subcontinent is way different from Arab Muslim. Hence the psychology says hit them so that it is heard and observed in Islamabad.

The moral of forces will be then down when their own people will lose confidence in them.

And I don't think Indian Army should announce all the time that revenge is due. Just do it and later tell.
Once again, this is the whole point of announcing the revenge, doing it and then telling it to the world- nothing blows Baki ehh&dee more than that.

Previously we used to announce, go in and do the job and get on quietly with our lives- the result? Baki ehh&dee remained intact, publicly atleast, they were emboldened to carry out more attacks. Post-Uri was the first time in many years that their chaddis were pulled down publicly and they are running around like headless chickens, not knowing how to respond.

Our motto vis-a-vis Bakis should be to paraphrase the eternal Raj Kumar saahab

Pre-Ops
Hum tumhein maareinge aur zaroor maareinge, lekin woh bandook bhi humaari hogi, goli bhi humaari hogi, jagah bhi humaari hogi aur waqt bhi humaara hoga

And then hit them hard- nothing will shatter Baki echh&dee more than this...

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Once again, this is the whole point of announcing the revenge, doing it and then telling it to the world- nothing blows Baki ehh&dee more than that.

Previously we used to announce, go in and do the job and get on quietly with our lives- the result? Baki ehh&dee remained intact, publicly atleast, they were emboldened to carry out more attacks. Post-Uri was the first time in many years that their chaddis were pulled down publicly and they are running around like headless chickens, not knowing how to respond.

Our motto vis-a-vis Bakis should be to paraphrase the eternal Raj Kumar saahab

Pre-Ops
Hum tumhein maareinge aur zaroor maareinge, lekin woh bandook bhi humaari hogi, goli bhi humaari hogi, jagah bhi humaari hogi aur waqt bhi humaara hoga

And then hit them hard- nothing will shatter Baki echh&dee more than this...
If one of the goals of the current operation is to demoralize Pakistani public, I'll admit that India is losing. The average Pakistani firmly believes their media's narrative about fake surgical strikes, no casualties on LOC etc. Their news channels have stitched together old propaganda videos from militants with newer ones of Indian side taking damage in firing and have been playing it all over TV. Propaganda is very important in a war, a message needs to be delivered to their public that they are bleeding heavily and losing otherwise I don't see an end to this nonsense.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If one of the goals of the current operation is to demoralize Pakistani public, I'll admit that India is losing. The average Pakistani firmly believes their media's narrative about fake surgical strikes, no casualties on LOC etc. Their news channels have stitched together old propaganda videos from militants with newer ones of Indian side taking damage in firing and have been playing it all over TV. Propaganda is very important in a war, a message needs to be delivered to their public that they are bleeding heavily and losing otherwise I don't see an end to this nonsense.
i'd say that the objective is not to demoralise the paki public but to make them aware of the consequences, Hoping that the public pressure will force the paki Govt/Army will bring jihadi elements under restrictions.

But yes, i agree that so far there are no indications that paki public opinion has changed anything. as long as paki army has media gag order is in place, paki public may not even know what is happening. Poor paki public don't even know the extent their army is getting whooped on a weekly basis.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
after surgical strike i was saying that think tanks will start recalibrating their Theories pertaining to Indo-pak. This is one of the first such think tank panel discussion considering URI and Indian response. This panel discussion makes a lot of sense.

Have a look.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles