2012 US Presidential Elections

Who would you vote for, if you were a US citizen ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

average american

I am of the opinion we are spending too much on the military, almost as much as the rest of the world combined. We now spend 41 percent of the worlds total. Its just not necessary and may not be effective agains the threats that really exist.

As a person that considers them self a decent careing human being I cant support the Romney/Ryan ticket, If you add the estimated 50,000 deaths due to lack of health care to the other vital social services that the Ryan Budget would eliminate or reduce such as nurseing home care, medicade, you could be looking at the death of up to million people over two four year terms.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I wonder if the US will not allow their technology to be freely used.

Pakistan in every war has used US military hardware and technology.

Patton tank, one of the US' latest in those times, was used extensively by Pakistan, and these tanks were destroyed en mass by WW II vintage British Shermans that the Indians had, much to US' embarrassment!
Which Patton, Sir?

M46 Patton, a tank model operational during the Korean War
M47 Patton, a tank model in service from 1952 through 1959 with the U.S. Army, and through the mid 1990s in foreign service
M48 Patton, a tank model in service from the mid 1950s through the Vietnam War with the U.S. Army, and still operational in foreign service
M60 Patton, the standard main battle tank of the U.S. Army from 1960 until it was replaced by the M1 Abrams in the 1980s and 1990s, still extensively used worldwide

sob

Mod
Country flag
So the 2nd round goes to President Obama. While some observers say that the challenger Mr.Mitt Romney more than held his ground.

CNN Poll: Nearly half say Obama won showdown – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Forty-six percent of voters who watched Tuesday night's presidential debate said that the president won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Tuesday night's faceoff here at Hofstra University on New York's Long Island. Thirty-nine percent questioned said Republican nominee Mitt Romney did the better job.

When compared to the results of the first debate, where the challenger was seen to have won by a decisive margin, this gap is too narrow for the President to seek comfort.

Mr.Romney , no surprises comes out as a better choice for handling the economy as per the poll.

The president's edge on the question of who won the debate appears to be the result of his much better than expected performance and his advantage on likeability. But the poll also indicates that debate watchers said Romney would do a better job on economic issues. And the two candidates were tied on an important measure - whether the showdown would affect how the debate watchers will vote.
Very important point for both the candidates, enough to give them sleepless nights,
Nearly half said the debate did not make them more likely to vote for either candidate, with the other half evenly divided between both men.

sob

Mod
Country flag
In a poll conducted by CBS the results were

President Obama -- 37%
Mr.Romney - 30% and
Tie -- 33%

sob

Mod
Country flag
PM, you are based in the US, how do you see the elections panning out?

From the media reports it looks like the Republican challenger is throwing up a tougher than expected fight, but President Obama has the inside edge.

pmaitra

PM, you are based in the US, how do you see the elections panning out?

From the media reports it looks like the Republican challenger is throwing up a tougher than expected fight, but President Obama has the inside edge.
I'd say neck to neck, and Romney has a better chance of making it than Obama. Tonight's debate wasn't very well handled by him, but let's see what happens next.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Koch brothers threaten to fire employees if Obama wins

The billionaire Koch brothers this month threatened to fire many of their more than 50,000 employees if they dare to vote for President Obama or any other Democrats in the 2012 elections.
The Kansas-based Koch brothers, who run a multi-national group of companies called the Koch Industries, sent a voter information packet to 45,000 of its Georgia Pacific subsidiary this month, threatening that "many of our more than 50,000 US employees and contractors may suffer the consequences" if they vote for Democrats. The packet also included an op-ed by David Koch endorsing Mitt Romney and one by Charles Koch slamming Obama, reported the monthly magazine, In These Times.
Florida billionaire David Siegel, CEO of Westgate Resorts, recently sent out an e-mail to 7,000 employees describing possible consequences of an Obama win.
"I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose," Siegel wrote in an e-mail first published by Gawker. But the billionaire CEO then warned that Obama's reelection would cost some of his employees their jobs.
The largest privately held US coal company, Murray Energy, was also found to have pressured its employees to donate money to Republican candidates, The New Republic found.
"We have been insulted by every salaried employee who does not support our efforts," CEO Robert Murray wrote in a letter to employees, which listed names of those who had not yet attended fundraisers.
The Koch brothers threats are just the latest in a series of intimidation tactics by billionaire employers trying to encourage their large number of employees to vote like them.
:D
:pmegusta:

niharjhatn

The moderator interrupted and corrected Mitt Romney, but later went on to acknowledge that Romney was factually correct.

The moderator was clearly biased.

Democrats are not losing this opportunity to celebrate.

Link: Obama deflects Romney's challenge on Benghazi attack during Hofstra debate | World news | guardian.co.uk
LOL I'd hardly call that damning lies.

Romney continually seems to eager to nitpick on the dubious interpretations of ultimately meaningless words (who cares that Obama did not call it a "terrorist attack") and personality, without describing any details of how he hopes to turn around the economy. Despite being continually hit on the head for not describing the specifics of his tax plan, and being SO close to election date, Romney still has not elaborated on this. The one thing he has done well is argue that the next 4 years cannot be appreciably better than the last 4 years.

But this raises the issue of how either potential president is going to deal with a potentially hostile senate/house which, if anything, will become even more split following this election. And this is something that really hasn't been brought up. Considering the last debate is on foreign policy, doesn't seem like this will be brought up either.

average american

I will be voteing for Obama mainly because I support national health care. I also believe Romney will take this country along the road to where the rich get richer, eliminating the middle class and growing the number of poor.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I will be voteing for Obama mainly because I support national health care. I also believe Romney will take this country along the road to where the rich get richer, eliminating the middle class and growing the number of poor.
I will vote (early) tomorrow and then turn off radio and TV until November 7.

average american

I will vote (early) tomorrow and then turn off radio and TV until November 7.
I believe Romney actually believes in national health care but the far right has pushed him to a corner where he cant actually do what he thinks best and to me that shows a lack of character.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I believe Romney actually believes in national health care but the far right has pushed him to a corner where he cant actually do what he thinks best and to me that shows a lack of character.
"Romneycare" in Massachusetts while he was governor there certainly did not become the major campaign issue it was supposed to.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't like a chap who has shares in Chinese economy and then talks about America being great.

Sleeping with the Enemy!

If the US has to be a real great country, it has to shed its cowboy image of being impulsive and stupidly aggressive.

The US should appear to be a Nation that is not a Jack in the Box that reacts with mere gut feeling, but deliberates and after that deliberation, if someone messes with the US, it openly states so and then give a lesson to the other of their lives.

Must not be appear to be gangnaming all the way!

In this time of financial and economic problems, the US does not have the money to go it alone.

It requires friends.

Americans should read the books that another American wrote - Dale Carnegie!

How to win People and Influence Friends.

Cowboys influence none - not even the cattle!

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I don't like a chap who has shares in Chinese economy and then talks about America being great.
All Americans with a pension, including government workers, have an investment in Chinese economy. A fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles