What you Love and Hate about DFI?

Defcon 1

Country flag
Hi, last time I was on DFI I observed that one of the members who is in my ignore list was repeatedly able to quote me and I was getting notifications about his quote as well. Can quoting be disallowed for members who are in the ignore list or can the notifications for those can at least be switched off? Thanks.

Defcon 1

Country flag
@Yusuf @Singh @pmaitra

Seeing the low quality of posts on this forum (personal opinion) and a desire to have high quality discussions, might I suggest the creation of a senior section which would initially be open only for members upto the rank of Star members and further members might be allowed to post to it on invitation basis only. This would result in good discussions free of any trolling, religious attacks, attacks based on nationality, name calling, etc, which will encourage the members to post more and also the discussions could be used to write new articles for the home page. Please let me know what do you guys think.

Also, please tell me what happened to the request I made in post #321

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Yusuf @Singh @pmaitra

Seeing the low quality of posts on this forum (personal opinion) and a desire to have high quality discussions, might I suggest the creation of a senior section which would initially be open only for members upto the rank of Star members and further members might be allowed to post to it on invitation basis only. This would result in good discussions free of any trolling, religious attacks, attacks based on nationality, name calling, etc, which will encourage the members to post more and also the discussions could be used to write new articles for the home page. Please let me know what do you guys think.

Also, please tell me what happened to the request I made in post #321
We tried it earlier, it didn't work out. Maybe we can give it another go. I'll check with staff and maybe something after Diwali can be thought of.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@Yusuf @Singh @pmaitra

I agree with you here, but the best solution is to not respond to low quality posts.

Now, if I could only take my own advice. :pokerface:

Defcon 1

Country flag
I agree with you here, but the best solution is to not respond to low quality posts.

Now, if I could only take my own advice. :pokerface:
Its not just about responding, I am tired of seeing people how modi the superman will solve all the problems, how everything in the country is congress's fault, how we should nuke pakistan and china after every terrorist attack or land grab occurs, how chinese 5th gen jets are 3rd class while our Tejas is going to beat F22. A forum is meant for discussions, yet all people do here is release their frustration, there is very little scope to have meaningful discussions or to improve the knowledge when every tom dick and harry wants to give his opinion, especially on the matters he knows nothing about. people repeat same things all the time and keep going on in circles. Worst thing, you cannot reason with them, so a separate section is required where we can have discussions like sane people.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its not just about responding, I am tired of seeing people how modi the superman will solve all the problems, how everything in the country is congress's fault, how we should nuke pakistan and china after every terrorist attack or land grab occurs, how chinese 5th gen jets are 3rd class while our Tejas is going to beat F22. A forum is meant for discussions, yet all people do here is release their frustration, there is very little scope to have meaningful discussions or to improve the knowledge when every tom dick and harry wants to give his opinion, especially on the matters he knows nothing about. people repeat same things all the time and keep going on in circles. Worst thing, you cannot reason with them, so a separate section is required where we can have discussions like sane people.

You ain't seen yet. Go to twitter and follow hardcore Modi fans and hard core Congi fans.

Twinblade

Country flag
I came here just to post the exact same points. Deja vu !! Its an election year, expect Moditards to be out in full power.

Defcon 1

Country flag
I came here just to post the exact same points. Deja vu !! Its an election year, expect Moditards to be out in full power.
That wouldn't have been a problem if they were actually saying something that made sense. Its like cong & BJP supporters have opened up a new front on DFI. This is a forum, not a battleground

You ain't seen yet. Go to twitter and follow hardcore Modi fans and hard core Congi fans.
I am happy that I haven't. But the amount of politics discussed here seriously needs to be controlled. The number of posts on the politics section are more than the sum of posts in IAF, IN and IA sections, and we call this a defence forum. @LurkerBaba told me sometime back that he was going to do something to bring defence topics in focus, but I don't think anything was done.

Anyways, whats your take on the senior section? Can we do it?

EXPERT

I love the response of guys here , they are very friendly . . .

We are true brothers , love you guys . . . . .

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
like- nothing

hate- i hate that crap thread about lca tejas.
this sh8t ain't getting inducted.
i am waiting from last five years to see this b8tch serve india :sick:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That wouldn't have been a problem if they were actually saying something that made sense. Its like cong & BJP supporters have opened up a new front on DFI. This is a forum, not a battleground

I am happy that I haven't. But the amount of politics discussed here seriously needs to be controlled. The number of posts on the politics section are more than the sum of posts in IAF, IN and IA sections, and we call this a defence forum. @LurkerBaba told me sometime back that he was going to do something to bring defence topics in focus, but I don't think anything was done.

Anyways, whats your take on the senior section? Can we do it?
We tried that in the past. a good 3-4 years ago. didnt work out.
Best is to enjoy the topics of your discussion and leave the rest. Use the button on top left that allows you to go to the defence only section.

Just let me inform you that the politics of India has a huge bearing on the defence of India. Defence does not only mean external guarding the borders, but internal as well. Internal security is the biggest issue confronting the country today and the politics of India one way or the other affects it.

ramakrishna

I mostly love military history ... and the latest technology which is adding to the Army ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It is true what yusuf said, But again this is a user driven forum, Indian poster in majority dont have very good insight into Military affairs and mainly limited to weapon specs and looks ..

D F I can be transformed into a very good dedicated military related discussion forum if we have more members into discussions like tactics, Doctrines, Training, etc ..

We have defense professionals who can start threads, Such as @Ray Sir, @Decklander Sir, @lemontree Sir, @W.G.Ewald & Other who are willing to open there ideas to general members ..

Our emphasis on political and social issue is only coz of members who take interest and coming here only for such discussions..

Just let me inform you that the politics of India has a huge bearing on the defence of India. Defence does not only mean external guarding the borders,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles