What you Love and Hate about DFI?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We have defense professionals who can start threads, Such as @Ray Sir, @Decklander Sir, @lemontree Sir, @W.G.Ewald & Other who are willing to open there ideas to general members ..
We do, but then there is none who contribute, not even those who complain!

Defcon 1

Country flag
We do, but then there is none who contribute, not even those who complain!
Sir many of us lead busy personal and professional lives (extremely busy in my case), still I find time to contribute. If you look at my profile, I limit posting to defence related topics only. Genuine contribution cannot come if people are only interested in praising themselves and their party and belittling others, that is why I wanted some politics to be controlled here so that the focus can return on defence topics.

In fact, even the amount of politics does not trouble me as much as the low quality of posts here. That is why I put forward the request of a senior section in the first place.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir many of us lead busy personal and professional lives (extremely busy in my case), still I find time to contribute. If you look at my profile, I limit posting to defence related topics only. Genuine contribution cannot come if people are only interested in praising themselves and their party and belittling others, that is why I wanted some politics to be controlled here so that the focus can return on defence topics.

In fact, even the amount of politics does not trouble me as much as the low quality of posts here. That is why I put forward the request of a senior section in the first place.
Since those who are aware of defence matters are busy and cannot contribute, we have to depend on those who prefer other subjects, or else this forum would merely dry up.

Even those who would like to contribute would get bored with inactivity and go elsewhere.

Therefore, it is Hobson's choice.

Yet, to ensure that those who are only interested in Defence subjects, under 'New Posts', you would find 'Only Defence'.

However, if you have some suggestions, do PM Singh, Yusuf or Lurkerbaba,

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Hi, last time I was on DFI I observed that one of the members who is in my ignore list was repeatedly able to quote me and I was getting notifications about his quote as well. Can quoting be disallowed for members who are in the ignore list or can the notifications for those can at least be switched off? Thanks.
Some posters are like flies, they just eat shit and bother people.

Twinblade

Country flag
A few gripes
a) I am getting notifications from members on the ignore list. Fix it please, I do not wish to get into piss fights with fanboys and people who are incapable of a civil discussion and have the time to post a hundred times a day.
b) I see a poster by the name of Waffen SS using Nazi memorablia as his avatar. Since when did DFI started allowing glorification of genocidal b@stards in such a manner ? Force a nickname change regardless of the posting history.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
b) I see a poster by the name of Waffen SS using Nazi memorablia as his avatar. Since when did DFI started allowing glorification of genocidal b@stards in such a manner ? Force a nickname change regardless of the posting history.
Agree with you..!!!

Waffen SS

:banplease::p

I am not Nazi though.

I love DFI's long smiley list, it is awesome,it's mention system, having Chit Chat thread, Jokes Thread, What Are you listening Thread, Women in Uniform etc.

What I dont like that is I see deleted stuffs are not removed here. Even after deletion those things still remain.

But I most like DFI's long smiley list.:balle::balle:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Gib vid + photu option in sig phor aall senior members ! gib gib gib :powah!:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I am a new member here. The reason that I joined is that after years of trolling and researching this is the first forum I came across where all discussions that I have seen so far are non abusive, reasonably debated and high quality in terms of technical knowledge.

However, I am finding it very difficult how to post a new thread to introduce myself in the introduction section. I still haven't introduced myself. Also, I would like a thread wherein people like me (who are not as knowledgeable as the other members here) can ask questions about our defence forces which can be answered quickly there and doubts can be cleared.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I am a new member here. The reason that I joined is that after years of trolling and researching this is the first forum I came across where all discussions that I have seen so far are non abusive, reasonably debated and high quality in terms of technical knowledge.

However, I am finding it very difficult how to post a new thread to introduce myself in the introduction section. I still haven't introduced myself. Also, I would like a thread wherein people like me (who are not as knowledgeable as the other members here) can ask questions about our defence forces which can be answered quickly there and doubts can be cleared.
I think you need to complete 10 posts before you can open a new thread.

In the meanwhile, you can ask specific questions in specific threads, or general questions in the chit chat thread.

Neo

I hate the way Pakistan section is flooded with biased sticky threads which are meant to bash and malign the country and have no added value, it's a trolls paradise. Even if we're arch rivals, we can gain a lot from positive and civil dabates without name calling and insults. Kindly request you to remove these sticky threads and embrace the opportunity to know your "enemy" by interacting with moderate Pakistanis like myself.
I already sent a pm to Yusuf bhai just before I came accross this thread.

Country flag
I hate the way Pakistan section is flooded with biased sticky threads which are meant to bash and malign the country and have no added value, it's a trolls paradise. Even if we're arch rivals, we can gain a lot from positive and civil dabates without name calling and insults. Kindly request you to remove these sticky threads and embrace the opportunity to know your "enemy" by interacting with moderate Pakistanis like myself.
Unfortunately members on Indian and pakistani forums view hatred as a patriotic duty.
We need to stop viewing each other as enemies we were the same people three generations
Ago.

amoy

yeah Love thy neighbour as thyself - I hope this motto will be DFI's new (horse) year resolution!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

DivineHeretic

Country flag
yeah Love thy neighbour as thyself - I hope this motto will be DFI's new (horse) year resolution!

Nope,

It should be: Keep your Friends close, Keep your enemies closer.:thumb:

bose

Country flag
Name calling and hurling insults are very unfortunate but the way we are demonizing each other for 70 years, I am not sure if you happen to be at one of the most popular Pakistani forums, it is the same there too... time to move on with economic developement and asspirations...

I would suggest that if anyone is using bad words ignore him... put forward your views in civilized way... that will earn you more respect....

There used to be a good Pakistani poster @Agnostic_Muslim nowdays he seldom visits this form...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Mark 12:28-
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Blackwater

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...terrorist-state-pakistan-idiotic-musings.html

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/pakistan/433-official-zaid-hamid-thread.html

u can not complain on these 2 threads:p:p

janme

Country flag
Why dont you invite more Pakistani members here???

I spend more time on PDF because there are a lot of Pakistani members there.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles