Small arms of India

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Very basic Prototype bullpup in 5.56mm, probably for paramilitary forces ..
Looks very rudimentary. Couldn't they have atleast redesigned the stamped receiver and made it out of polymer or better quality aluminum? Too many useless rivets and no ambidextrous mag release and charging handle!

OFB needs to made a PSU and sold to private shareholders!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Looks very rudimentary. Couldn't they have atleast redesigned the stamped receiver and made it out of polymer or better quality aluminum? Too many useless rivets and no ambidextrous mag release and charging handle!

looks like a product from a Indian defence startup.... Idex-India expo...

Noname34

Country flag

The bullpup looks less like something on which they spent time on the drawing board working on it from the ground up and more like a badly edited picture of INSAS on windows paint.

The ergonomics are so indescribably bad, nothing else comes to mind.
Correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't the small size of the stock along with non existant curvature give pain or injury to the shoulder while firing?

The height of incompetence in these DPSUs, and to think that these idiots have monopoly over defence production, ridiculous!

Last edited:

itsme

Country flag
___________________________________________________________________________________

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
And finally with infinite wisdom of OFB and ARDE, presenting the INSAS Bullpup Variant.

Bhai chill,the pic above is someone's figment of imagination,photoshopped image hain ye.Kisine regular INSAS ko mspaint me daala,trigger + pistol grip ko aage kiya aur magazine BINA MAGAZINE LOCK ke pichhe daal diya,also look at the shody ;buttstock;,even receiver is not totally straight.

Iss waali photu ka photoshop kiya hain woh bhi ekdum gandaa :puke:

So far there are no public pics of INSAS bullpup except these pics

and this very strange looking "conventional as well as bullpup:shock:" variant of INSAS

upload_2019-11-12_15-5-22.png

and,the current pic with Rajnath.

Attachments

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It was me who took this snap back in 2008 and uploaded on wiki with a help of a friend as i have no account/profile on any platform except orkut, back then i had no idea of watermarks nor forum.

Their was no picture of INSAS 1B1.

I always like photos taken by western photographers and shooters, I decided to take one for my country, at-least their is something we have too.. :)

Since then this picture was used everywhere, media, training centers, forums and god know where else.

==========

The bullpup photo was also done by me, I made that on paint during a heated argument on MP.net with some member, Its not a serious work just an expression.

Bhai chill,the pic above is someone's figment of imagination,photoshopped image hain ye.Kisine regular INSAS ko mspaint me daala,trigger + pistol grip ko aage kiya aur magazine BINA MAGAZINE LOCK ke pichhe daal diya,also look at the shody ;buttstock;,even receiver is not totally straight.

Iss waali photu ka photoshop kiya hain woh bhi ekdum gandaa :puke:

So far there are no public pics of INSAS bullpup except these pics

and this very strange looking "conventional as well as bullpup:shock:" variant of INSAS

View attachment 40024

and,the current pic with Rajnath.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
It was me who took this snap back in 2008 and uploaded on wiki with a help of a friend as i have no account/profile on any platform except orkut, back then i had no idea of watermarks nor forum.

Their was no picture of INSAS 1B1.

I always like photos taken by western photographers and shooters, I decided to take one for my country, at-least their is something we have too.. :)

Since then this picture was used everywhere, media, training centers, forums and god know where else.

==========

The bullpup photo was also done by me, I made that on paint during a heated argument on MP.net with some member, Its not a serious work just an expression.
yeah i remember the first photo,didn't know it was taken by you,dada! This one is not full hd photo as i remember original one was even bigger (around 3000 pixels by some pixels in size) but scaled down pic of original one.

Also i told a friend on telegram that that INSAS bullpup pic is actually photoshopped,he didn't believe me initially,but coming straight from horse's mouth i stand vindicated now.

BTW Dada,

you have anything to tell about this version of INSAS ?

INSAS "Assault Rifle" with 4 position fire selectors (Safe-Semi-3RB-Auto)

This seems like the only pic of this particular version of INSAS.

As from data from OFB's website about this variant it seems like an alternative that was offered to Army back when it got adopted with all fire modes (Single Fire,3 Round Burst and Full Auto) instead of 1B series ones with Single Fire and 3 Round Burst only.

What is the status of this partiular variant ? Was it adopted in any significant number or not and why...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles