Russian Army Currently 'Unprepared for Modern War,' Felgengauer Says

sgarg

Re: Russian Army Currently 'Unprepared for Modern War,' Felgengauer Sa

@Gabriel92, why don't you go join Azov battalion. You look like a good fit there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel92

Country flag

@Gabriel92, why don't you go join Azov battalion. You look like a good fit there.
If i could,sure i will.
Then,i'll bring you some pics of russian terrorists shot in the head. :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
"Safari in E Ukraine",1 terrorist killed = 800$,1 terrorist captured and hanged by the balls = 1800$ !!

Khagesh

Now that is some facial reconstruction surgery.

Did he forget to haul the grocery? If he did then I must say, Häyhä Bhabi was one hell of a tigress.

Why is wiki silent on what war this guy was fighting in? Was this finnish war a sub plot of worlld war 2. I have read quite a bit of WW-2 books but somehow the glorious Finnish war fighting traditions escaped all these books. Why the hell were the Finns pissed off with the Russians.

Last edited:

jouni

Now that is some facial reconstruction surgery.

Did he forget to haul the grocery? If he did then I must say, Häyhä Bhabi was one hell of a tigress.

Why is wiki silent on what war this guy was fighting in? Was this finnish war a sub plot of worlld war 2. I have read quite a bit of WW-2 books but somehow the glorious Finnish war fighting traditions escaped all these books. Why the hell were the Finns pissed off with the Russians.
Russia attacked Finland November ´39, it was part of Ribbentrop-Molotov pact, Finland was left as a prey for Stalin.
Here you can get some basic info:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/65513-75-years-start-winter-war.html

salute

Take it easy....you are welcome to bring your Navy here.... There is plenty of space in the bottom of the sea by the wrecks of British and Russian ships...
yeah from the winter war :lol:

stop giving examples of some war that happened century ago when russians or british navy didn't have sh*t , :lol:
and that gave finland some advantage,

you wanna keep your 3 boat navy safe for fishing.:lol:

Last edited:

salute

An army of 5.000 Simo Häyhä can take out the entire russian army. :peace: :peace: :peace:
hey dont go with @jouni he is :crazy:

Khagesh

Russia attacked Finland November ´39, it was part of Ribbentrop-Molotov pact, Finland was left as a prey for Stalin.
Oh that much I am aware of and Soviets cannot be said to have been wrong. After all their suspicions and their rationale for the Winter Wars did bear out in facts. They claimed till around Lake Ladoga which was also given up after the Winter wars by Finland and then recaptured in coordination with the Nazis. And Lake Ladoga did become the lifeline for the Russians during the Leningrad siege.

More more importantly what was about Finland that made the Soviets so suspicious of Finland? It is almost like an India Pakistan situation. So who is the Paki between the two of you?

What kind of experience did the Finland Russian history had to have the spheres of influence so distributed between Germany and Russia, with Finland being allocated to the Russian influence zone?

jouni

Oh that much I am aware of and Soviets cannot be said to have been wrong. After all their suspicions and their rationale for the Winter Wars did bear out in facts. They claimed till around Lake Ladoga which was also given up after the Winter wars by Finland and then recaptured in coordination with the Nazis. And Lake Ladoga did become the lifeline for the Russians during the Leningrad siege.

More more importantly what was about Finland that made the Soviets so suspicious of Finland? It is almost like an India Pakistan situation. So who is the Paki between the two of you?

What kind of experience did the Finland Russian history had to have the spheres of influence so distributed between Germany and Russia, with Finland being allocated to the Russian influence zone?
I guess Finland is Pakistan in this case. We had good experience about being in their sphere of influence: our army did not have to store ammunition, they could be put to use before "use by" date.

sorcerer

Country flag

I guess Finland is Pakistan in this case. We had good experience about being in their sphere of influence: our army did not have to store ammunition, they could be put to use before "use by" date.
Okay..Army using ammunition for fishing?

Khagesh

Going by your unenthusiastic response seems like Finns had to suffer a great deal under the influence of Russians.

Thanks to you I began reading about Finnish history and seems like Russians have an entirely different claim. They seem to be claiming that Finns were formally in league with the Nazis after the Winter War and even before that certain powerful sections of Finns were being supported by the Germans since before WW-2. These powerful sections later crushed the less powerful section in a civil war which later culminated in this claim of the Russian aggression. Sounded to me like Finns were merely trying to extract the best from the Russians by threatening to go over to the side of those who threatened the Russians. Kind of like what Poroshenko is doing today in Ukraine.

jouni

Going by your unenthusiastic response seems like Finns had to suffer a great deal under the influence of Russians.

Thanks to you I began reading about Finnish history and seems like Russians have an entirely different claim. They seem to be claiming that Finns were formally in league with the Nazis after the Winter War and even before that certain powerful sections of Finns were being supported by the Germans since before WW-2. These powerful sections later crushed the less powerful section in a civil war which later culminated in this claim of the Russian aggression. Sounded to me like Finns were merely trying to extract the best from the Russians by threatening to go over to the side of those who threatened the Russians. Kind of like what Poroshenko is doing today in Ukraine.
Yes, there is a lot of similarities between Ukraine today and Finland 1918/39. Germany helped us a lot. Without german help Finland would not be independent. That help was given three times: 1918 when Empiral German army send division to Finland to help government crush the revolution of reds/ russians started Baltic Sea Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Hitler also saved us two times. We were allies with Germany militarily not politically.

Russians are just pissed off because they could not advance to Finland and make us capitulate, they advanced in five years only about 150km, no victory parade in Helsinki, no flag over our parliament like in Berlin. I would say that Finnish -Russian relationships are good, without Ukraine crisis they could be very good.

About suffering under Russians, when Finland was Grand duchy in the 1900th century, those were generally good times. Finland has been independent since 1917, of course we suffered in two wars, but Russia suffered many times more. Finnish casuaties in two wars were 97000 dead, Russia over 700 000.

Also in 1914 Finland was one of the poorest countries in the Europe, now we are one of the most prosperous, so I would call it quite good achievement. Nice to know you are interested about our war history, there are a lot of interesting stuff like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reino_Hallamaa, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Törni

When comparing to Russia of course you can clearly see the progress Finland has made, compared to Russia for the last 100 years. Here are typical houses from the two countries, maybe you can guess which is from which.

Last edited:

Khagesh

Well what can a poor Indian say. Both look great to me. One painted and another not painted. One with lovely greens in the front and another with what looks like dirt and grime in place of a lawn.

For me it is the politico-relgious aspects and the military usage of these that really matters.

So going by your admission, Germany helped Finland, when they were about as powerful as US is today. Seems like there was a religious dimension to it too just like Ukraine. Finland seems to have its rather small military dominated by the Swede influence, German influence and Russian influence all in parts and at different times. Its incredible the level to which things are sketchy. Western countries have a history of talking loud but when it comes to searching for granular data, its simply too hard to find. This military/administrative influence seems to have come with religious influence too and so Finland got from out of the Russian sphere and into the Swede+German sphere.

Last edited:

jouni

Well what can a poor Indian say. Both look great to me. One painted and another not painted. One with lovely greens in the front and another with what looks like dirt and grime in place of a lawn.

For me it is the politico-relgious aspects and the military usage of these that really matters.

So going by your admission, Germany helped Finland, when they were about as powerful as US is today. Seems like there was a religious dimension to it too just like Ukraine. Finland seems to have its rather small military dominated by the Swede influence, German influence and Russian influence all in parts and at different times. Its incredible the level to which things are sketchy. Western countries have a history of talking loud but when it comes to searching for granular data, its simply too hard to find. This military/administrative influence seems to have come with religious influence too and so Finland got from out of the Russian sphere and into the Swede+German sphere.
It is not dirt it is frost! The picture is taken in winter... apart from level of income, these houses also maybe tell the Lutheran approach vs. Orthodox approach to life... pedant vs. so and so.

Yes religion plays a big part, Finland has never been fully orthodox, although Orthodox church in Finland is doing well. We have always been Evangelist-Lutheran influence from Sweden and Germany. Even when we were hundred years a grand duchy of Russia, our church remained the same Lutheran one. What data are you interest about, maybe I can help.

Khagesh

Oh thanks for the correction. Its just that snow and frost are not an every day occurrence for us and I missed that. Moreover we are partial towards greens, culturally. Even more importantly the lifestyles are usually not a subject of discussion or thought here. A large urban structure coming up in India is housed in Apartment blocks and such separate row houses are a luxury we cannot afford or even maintain, cost and time wise.

Also it is true the Orthodox do not evangelize as blatantly as Protestants. Even in India it is so. Whenever you see rants by Indians against Christians it implies the Evangelists and not the Orthodox. Its another matter that a large number of people here would not know the difference despite the sartorial differences. But the locals of the place where the Orthodox are based usually know the differences.

Finland was not fully Orthodox but Orthodox seems to have been well accepted at one time. Probably the Orthodox had about half the country at one time. The Orthodox later seem to have been chased away into Russia where they formed their own new identities and today Finland as only trace numbers of Orthodox people and the bulk is with the Lutheran Church. There lands given to Lutherans of the Swede side and Catholics too.

I heard the Catholics were taunting the soldiers of the overthrown Ukrainian government during Euro Maidan. Finland is today enjoying the peace that Western Ukraine now would long for next 200 years. But this time the Orthodox side has the advantage in the new power tussle in Ukraine. Catholics probably cannot fight with as clear an intent as was there in the Finland civil war and the earlier Religious competition.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Those Amis are just amateurs compared to Simo Häyhä, he had 700 confirmed kills, 500 with rifle and 200 with SMG. Could you please stop this nonsense, I dont get why you always try to turn everything to Fin Rus competition.
Your enthusiasm in all related topics where you showcase "Might Fins Vs Mouse Russia" is pretty evident so blame yourself for "creating" the competition when there is no competition at all.Is US stops support you are nothing.Before US those Nazis supported you against Russia.

You claim that you defeated entire Russia(whose forces were highly scattered) with the help from Nazis and now doing chest thumping that you can take on Russia which is not even in it's prime anymore. Then you claim you have some billions of Missile Boats(like some Nuclear tiped ICBM's) all ready to annihilate Russia form all corners.

So better first stop doing so much of non-sense heroism and smell the coffee in the situation of today.

It's US which saved Europe and even today without US you guys can't do much rather than some nervous sanctions against Russia.

Khagesh

Actually even Pakis show this kind of behaviour.

It is the Afghan locals of varied ethnicity that resisted the Soviets but it is the Pakis that claim they chased the a super power out of Afghanistan. And surprise of all surprises they do not even claim it for Pakistan. Rather they claim it for the Muslim ummah. Which is kind of strange but still.

Finnish heroism may have existed in various forms or times but mostly their history seems more like that of a Poroshenko that won a civil war. I expect to find people in their history who acted like Poroshenko to pull their own country into civil war for a foreign power.

jouni

Oh thanks for the correction. Its just that snow and frost are not an every day occurrence for us and I missed that. Moreover we are partial towards greens, culturally. Even more importantly the lifestyles are usually not a subject of discussion or thought here. A large urban structure coming up in India is housed in Apartment blocks and such separate row houses are a luxury we cannot afford or even maintain, cost and time wise.

Also it is true the Orthodox do not evangelize as blatantly as Protestants. Even in India it is so. Whenever you see rants by Indians against Christians it implies the Evangelists and not the Orthodox. Its another matter that a large number of people here would not know the difference despite the sartorial differences. But the locals of the place where the Orthodox are based usually know the differences.

Finland was not fully Orthodox but Orthodox seems to have been well accepted at one time. Probably the Orthodox had about half the country at one time. The Orthodox later seem to have been chased away into Russia where they formed their own new identities and today Finland as only trace numbers of Orthodox people and the bulk is with the Lutheran Church. There lands given to Lutherans of the Swede side and Catholics too.

I heard the Catholics were taunting the soldiers of the overthrown Ukrainian government during Euro Maidan. Finland is today enjoying the peace that Western Ukraine now would long for next 200 years. But this time the Orthodox side has the advantage in the new power tussle in Ukraine. Catholics probably cannot fight with as clear an intent as was there in the Finland civil war and the earlier Religious competition.
You are totally right, that Orhodox has the upper hand at this time. This war was so big surprise to all ( but Putin IMHO). It is interesting to see how the Catholics/Lutherans react in the future. Do you know that Russian Orhtodox church see themselves as the descendants of Holy Roman Empire. According to Russian view Putin is the descendant of Roman Ceasar. My bet is that we have not yet seen all, this might get worse before it gets better.

jouni

I like how you bring foreign influence to every thread. IMHO that shows that British colonialism left a lasting mark on Indian psyche. What for you is "vasallism" for me is just normal co-existence of countries in Europe.

jouni

Your enthusiasm in all related topics where you showcase "Might Fins Vs Mouse Russia" is pretty evident so blame yourself for "creating" the competition when there is no competition at all.Is US stops support you are nothing.Before US those Nazis supported you against Russia.

You claim that you defeated entire Russia(whose forces were highly scattered) with the help from Nazis and now doing chest thumping that you can take on Russia which is not even in it's prime anymore. Then you claim you have some billions of Missile Boats(like some Nuclear tiped ICBM's) all ready to annihilate Russia form all corners.

So better first stop doing so much of non-sense heroism and smell the coffee in the situation of today.

It's US which saved Europe and even today without US you guys can't do much rather than some nervous sanctions against Russia.
I like your Avatar, although it makes difficult to seriously answer your posts when you feel that you are talking with The Rock!

Khagesh

Foreigners have had an extremely baneful influence on India. So yes quite a lot of us who fancy ourselves as nationalists (cultural or otherwise) are ever mindful of it. And even today foreigners have a lot of influence here in India. Even the lowly Pakis have their pockets of some very strong influence. Among the foreigners the Brits were the most successful in crushing our freedom so yes everybody in India hates them except some urbanites. Even the muslims here hate them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles