Make in India

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The problems with Indian Companies is that they work well under JV but seem to go bust individually. Like what happened to hero after hero honda split.

captscooby81

Country flag
Hero motors is still the Top 2-wheeler brand . Its just that Honda 2 wheelers started getting its own share . Don't forget Honda 2 wheelers re introduced the scooter market in india which was almost extinct and they created an all together new market with Activa .

The problems with Indian Companies is that they work well under JV but seem to go bust individually. Like what happened to hero after hero honda split.

Why so serious?

Country flag
Tatas are doing well . There cars are safest build these days with top crash safety ratings.

They are doing well sure , good designs, decent
Tatas are doing well . There cars are safest build these days with top crash safety ratings.
Sure Tata's are doing well in terms of design, features and competitive pricing but that is not reflecting on sales.

Ex : even with a product like Harrier , Tata has been beaten by MG Hector, Kia Seltos and old Hyundai Creta in sales volumes.

maniacguy

Country flag

Sure Tata's are doing well in terms of design, features and competitive pricing but that is not reflecting on sales.

Ex : even with a product like Harrier , Tata has been beaten by MG Hector, Kia Seltos and old Hyundai Creta in sales volumes.
Its our typical Indian attitude boss. Whenever I talk to people who wants to buy a car I ask them to prefer mahindra or tata. But the utter disdain they show after my recommendation is nauseating and revolting to say the least. Even I pleaded them to buy from a domestic company out of sheer patriotism. These Indian people sometimes I think is better off as slaves than be their own master.
When I buy a car I am going to paint a fu***ng Hindu rashtra on the back with a quote #BEINDIAN DIEINDIAN on it. Also add a big mustache of abhi

Deathstar

Country flag

TATA Motors seriously needs a complete make over. Good PR , better after sales service ,better re sale value

Jameson Emoni

Its our typical Indian attitude boss. Whenever I talk to people who wants to buy a car I ask them to prefer mahindra or tata. But the utter disdain they show after my recommendation is nauseating and revolting to say the least. Even I pleaded them to buy from a domestic company out of sheer patriotism. These Indian people sometimes I think is better off as slaves than be their own master.
When I buy a car I am going to paint a fu***ng Hindu rashtra on the back with a quote #BEINDIAN DIEINDIAN on it. Also add a big mustache of abhi
The behavior of the owners of TATA and Mohindra is not any different from the people you are talking about :)

It is not worth risking high BP for the "honor" of Mohindra and TATA. They are in it for money -- nothing else.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag

It takes time for quality to reflect in sales . But people are learning about strength of new Tata vehicles slowly. And as income rises security will be at premium .

Tata are let down by after sales and their small town devision are much more focused on small cargo vehicle.
But TATA are stepping up with with EV they have launched Tigor and now nexon EV and with focus on safety they will do well in long term.

BTW new altros looks good.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Most Indian buy what is the safest product to buy and that is Maruti and Hyundai because they have service network almost every where and servicing spare are cheaper. Tata / Mahindra will have to match them.

Good thing is that EV are revolutionary for automobile market and provide Tata/ Mahindra a chance to take lead here over Maruti / Hyundai.

IndianHawk

Country flag
https://www.macrumors.com/2020/01/22/wistron-opens-third-iphone-facility-india/

Apple has continued expanding its mid-tier ‌iPhone‌ production in India, with partner Foxconn already manufacturing iPhone XR devices there.

Apple has been setting up ‌‌iPhone‌‌ manufacturing hubs in India ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi began promoting his "Made in India" initiative, which requires that 30 percent of products sold by foreign companies be manufactured or produced within the country.

More iPhones coming....

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Woh sab theek hain. Tell me about the sound quality. Planning to get one bluetooth earphone.
What about the bluetooth earphone price in India compare with the price in China ?

In China , a Lenovo bluetooth earphone is about 59RMB ,590Ruppe( include freight).
1.JPG

chakwar

Country flag
@IndianHawk Harrier did poorly because it is a 5 seater,and people in tier 2 3 cities prefer 7 seaters where the door opens from the rear for seating..People with body guards and servants prefer to seat them in the back seat separately.

Why so serious?

Country flag
@IndianHawk Harrier did poorly because it is a 5 seater,and people in tier 2 3 cities prefer 7 seaters where the door opens from the rear for seating..People with body guards and servants prefer to seat them in the back seat separately.
Bhai, 5 seater and 7 seater both are different segments.

MG Hector , Kia Seltos , Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass ,Tata Harrier all are 5 seater cars, priced in similar range and belong to the same 'C' segment of compact SUV.

All the above cars have beaten Harrier in sales. While comparing sales figures, they should be compared with cars of same segments.

A Tata Harrier starts at 12 lakhs whereas a Innova Crysta which is a full fledged 7 sweater SUV / MUV , a 'D' segment car starts at around 18 lakhs.

Both segments are different and buyers are different.

The number of seats is not the reason Harrier has failed , it's Tata's brand image wrt other brands like Jeep/ Hyundai/ Kia and MG.

Tata's have rolled out good , budget and safe cars but still people are going for cars from companies who are launching their first cars in the country as opposed to Tata which is an Indian company , why is that so? Is the question Tata should ask themselves.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bhai, 5 seater and 7 seater both are different segments.

MG Hector , Kia Seltos , Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass ,Tata Harrier all are 5 seater cars, priced in similar range and belong to the same 'C' segment of compact SUV.

All the above cars have beaten Harrier in sales. While comparing sales figures, they should be compared with cars of same segments.

A Tata Harrier starts at 12 lakhs whereas a Innova Crysta which is a full fledged 7 sweater SUV / MUV , a 'D' segment car starts at around 18 lakhs.

Both segments are different and buyers are different.

The number of seats is not the reason Harrier has failed , it's Tata's brand image wrt other brands like Jeep/ Hyundai/ Kia and MG.

Tata's have rolled out good , budget and safe cars but still people are going for cars from companies who are launching their first cars in the country as opposed to Tata which is an Indian company , why is that so? Is the question Tata should ask themselves.
harrier failed bcz of following reasons

SKC

Country flag
Hero motors is still the Top 2-wheeler brand . Its just that Honda 2 wheelers started getting its own share . Don't forget Honda 2 wheelers re introduced the scooter market in india which was almost extinct and they created an all together new market with Activa .
Honda 2 wheelers is mostly depended on Activa sales. Activa alone makes sale of 2-3 top bikes sale combined. Apart from it other Honda bikes do moderate sales.

SKC

Country flag
Tata along with Mahindra is getting 5 star crash rating in Global NCAP. Recently President of Global NCAP has applauded Tata on it and challenged Maruti Suzuki, and other manufacturers to make 5-star rated cars in India:

Speaking to carandbike on the sidelines of the Tata Altroz's launch, David Ward said, "I think it will be nice to see more manufacturers do it. I mean it's obviously a big challenge to Maruti Suzuki to join the 5-star club. Other global brands (in India), they don't really have no excuse not to be there too, companies like Volkswagen, Toyota and so on."

https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-suzuki-challenged-by-global-ncap-12350055.html

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Tata harrier is 138 bhp

While MG hector has 163 bhp.

Might be another reason.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles