INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Chinmoy

Country flag
and there are enough OFB sponsored journos, who would have informed the public if there was a 5.56 belt fed LMG in the works. i also keep a track of tenders, only tenders available were for belt feed links was for 7.62 not 5.56.
You are getting confused by classic dimwit yellow journalism.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Let it be............ I’m not even sure if we are discussing the same thing...
You are getting confused by this picture for sure.

LMG.jpg

This is what I have told as classic case of dimwit yellow journalism. The shown picture of 5.56 LMG is infact OFB 7.62 LMG.

OFB LMG.jpg

Compare both the picture.

Now in this picture from CRPF exhibit,

CRPF.jpg

we could see that there is one LMG beside the MAG7.62. Its a FN product which CRPF acquired back in 2013-14, if I remember well.

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
You are getting confused by this picture for sure.

View attachment 40224
This is what I have told as classic case of dimwit yellow journalism. The shown picture of 5.56 LMG is infact OFB 7.62 LMG.

View attachment 40225
Compare both the picture.

Now in this picture from CRPF exhibit,

View attachment 40226
we could see that there is one LMG beside the MAG7.62. Its a FN product which CRPF acquired back in 2013-14, if I remember well.
has it been inducted or they are going to evaluating for next 20 years before they come up with some pisass lame excuse to reject it and then demand for non desi maal as-usual

Flying Dagger

Country flag
and there are enough OFB sponsored journos, who would have informed the public if there was a 5.56 belt fed LMG in the works. i also keep a track of tenders, only tenders available were for belt feed links was for 7.62 not 5.56.
Both are available bro. 5.56 belt fed was rejected by army though as they wanted 7.62 . In short the new 5.56 LMG never went into production.
I think @Kunal Biswas also mentioned about INSAS LMG belt fed in the forum if he can confirm.

7.62 one was undergoing trial not sure if they are inducted since many a times journos make mistake and it might be 7.62 MAG instead of LMG which is inducted.

Israel had offered Negev LMG to army in August. So probably we are going for import.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is surely a typo mistake or image, LMG is only magazine fed INSAS LMG..

The nomenclature for belt-feed is GPMG.

On personal note, I always welcome the idea of drum magazine for INSAS LMG in past.

Both are available bro. 5.56 belt fed was rejected by army though as they wanted 7.62 . In short the new 5.56 LMG never went into production.
I think @Kunal Biswas also mentioned about INSAS LMG belt fed in the forum if he can confirm.

7.62 one was undergoing trial not sure if they are inducted since many a times journos make mistake and it might be 7.62 MAG instead of LMG which is inducted.

Israel had offered Negev LMG to army in August. So probably we are going for import.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
That is surely a typo mistake or image, LMG is only magazine fed INSAS LMG..

The nomenclature for belt-feed is GPMG.

On personal note, I always welcome the idea of drum magazine for INSAS LMG in past.
Thanks I did read about BELT FED too and army said no for INSAS 5.56 belt fed LMG. So it's dead end i guess.

What's happening with 7.62 LMG It will be inducted or import route ? Israel is offering Negev LMG

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Import of 44,000 Light 7.62x51 GPMG is a Rs. 5000 crore deal. Army will not allow OFB or DRDO to get this deal. It will be imported.

Gessler

Country flag
If anyone ever feels like wondering how far metallurgy has come in the field of small arms, do be reminded of the fact that this Daniel Defense MK18 rifle carbine (chambered for the rifle-calibre 5.56x45 round), weighing in at 2.66 kgs empty...

...is actually lighter than this SAF Kanpur-made 1A1 SMG carbine that chambers a pistol-calibre 9x19mm round and weighs 2.83 kgs empty:

Old-school terms like rifle & SMG, which were traditionally used to demarcate a 'light weapon' and a 'heavier weapon' just don't mean the same things anymore.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
#Update

#DRDO-#OFB 5.56×30mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) spotted with Chattisgarh Police.

Chattisgarh police placed order for 640 carbines & later CRPF, CISF & other state police units too.

JVPC is currently under production & replacing old sterling carbines.

Probably the first image of JVPC in active service. The policeman is on election duty in Jharkhand.
PicsArt_11-27-10.25.24.jpg

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles