INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Gessler

Country flag

If @binayak95 is right and our deal for SIG716s is coming with Magpul aftermarket accessories, that could really open up Magpul and a number of other US-based component manufacturers to enter the Indian market. So far, the aftermarket weapon parts business in the country seems to be dominated by the 2 Israeli companies FAB Defense and TDI Arms, they captured the market for everyone from military Special Forces to state Police units.

A little bit more competition won't hurt.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why the divergence ? Just camera angle. Or that's a different version / prototype .
at first glance i thought the two metals bars are flexing on recoil. but more likely that the guy is trying to hold the weapon an inch away from the shoulder.

Hunter ellis

OFB's new unnamed CQB Carbine 5.56x45 mm NATO ammunition, for the #IndianArmy. Design borrows from the INSAS 1C design, modifications like a machined receiver over the INSAS’ stamped and riveted body, a single Picatinny rail to take an assortment of weapon sights and accessories.
View attachment 31916

https://t.co/9Rhk2cBpoJ
Looks ancient. Won't stand a chance against the carbines offerd to the army by competition

Rchauhan

Country flag
Really? Even after the same competition was thrashed by Excalibur? We sure are suffering from an inferiority complex
I really wish this news that came in News papers was true but I tried to find any official statement or any document on exactly how well Ex-cal performed and I could not find any . All the statements are from some officials who would want only Excal to succeed .. Do you have any confirmed link where I can see how well the Ex-Cal performed and how bad rest of its competitors performed ?

binayak95

Country flag
Really? Even after the same competition was thrashed by Excalibur? We sure are suffering from an inferiority complex
There is no evidence to support the claim that Excalibur THRASHED competition. Quite the rumors to the opposite, if anything.

And manufacturing and finishing of OFB leaves a lot to be desired. Shoddy work, zero accountability and chalta hai attitude is rampant.

Hunter ellis

It did. Then the army changed the requirements asking for 7.62×51 guns instead. It is like when somebody comes 1^st in the race & then the jusges say the finish line has been moved farther
The 7.62x51 rifle too didn't meet the requirements. It was outperformed by the galil ace and sig rifles

Global Defence

New threads

Articles