DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sorry my bad.

By bullets I meant Anti Material and Anti Tank rounds. These are much more cleaner then DU Anti Tank rounds.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It is not that we can clandestinely make ICBM and then suddenly use it. We need to test it to check if it works as intended or not and there is no alternative to testing.
It is actually so. I cited prior experience with long range ballistic missiles.

Validation trials will be needed but can be done quickly as trials won't fail.

I don't say testing is needed. But even if India launches a global range ICBM in first attempt without testing, it will work most likely as systems are similar.

Vijyes

I don't say testing is needed. But even if India launches a global range ICBM in first attempt without testing, it will work most likely as systems are similar
The most likely part is the problem. We want surety if we are going to fight vigorously and with serious objectives. Moreover, why shouldn't India test ICBM? Isn't ICBM mandatory to have SLBM? Just give excuse that SLBM needs to have longer range so as to fire from far ashore like Indian ocean region.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The most likely part is the problem. We want surety if we are going to fight vigorously and with serious objectives. Moreover, why shouldn't India test ICBM? Isn't ICBM mandatory to have SLBM? Just give excuse that SLBM needs to have longer range so as to fire from far ashore like Indian ocean region.
The entire episode spins around that India right now can't afford western hostility.

And the most likely part is very relevant here. Something exceptional will have to go wrong for us to fail our ICBM. We have enough experience with ballistic missiles and actual initial ICBMs. It's not a technological challenge for sure.

India's global range ICBM test when happens will rather be just a validation and certification attempt of a technology it possessed for more than a decade and not a great achievement.
That would be when we use more advanced subsystems for our missiles. We improve all of them gradually.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
ARDE is developing 5.56 X 45 CQB carbine....
Did i miss something....... or new development...
i hope they are not tweaking INSAS design for this....
Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 2.21.04 AM.png

edit: My bad... forgot about this for a moment...
so this is moving into limited production mode...

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 2.27.58 AM.png

Vijyes

Deplated uranium is heavier and cheaper due to it is being byproduct
In addition, uranium is much more abundant than tungsten. Earth's crust has 1.5ppm tungsten an and 4-5ppm uranium. So, Uranium is 3 times more abundant than tungsten and hence must be 3 times easier to extract

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
The entire episode spins around that India right now can't afford western hostility.
The day India tests Agni-6 missile along with megaton device that day west won't be able to afford hostility against India, not the other way around.

And the most likely part is very relevant here. Something exceptional will have to go wrong for us to fail our ICBM. We have enough experience with ballistic missiles and actual initial ICBMs. It's not a technological challenge for sure.

India's global range ICBM test when happens will rather be just a validation and certification attempt of a technology it possessed for more than a decade and not a great achievement.
That would be when we use more advanced subsystems for our missiles. We improve all of them gradually.
There is a big difference between short range trajectory and long range. The entire guidance system has to be reworked (big task) This alone increase chances of failures by many folds.

however ICBMs are not just technology demonstrator but a statement to entire earth that we will go at any length if needed.

If I was the PM of India, I would have immediately sanction an A-6 test (code name "Washington" :biggrin2:) and explode a 20mt device on a remote island in Andaman (code name "London":biggrin2:) just to see whitey wet their pants.

Now that would be powerful
:hehe:

A big display from a big country :india2:

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Even USA has no capabilities to damage India other than firing a few missiles.
40 Minuteman missiles.

That's all it takes to destroy India. (home of 1.3 billion)

This is the power of a true global ICBM. It can hit anytime anywhere.

A true Brahmastra.

Quick question:

What weapon do we have to attack mainland USA?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The day India tests Agni-6 missile along with megaton device that day west won't be able to afford hostility against India, not the other way around.
West is very much hostile against China even after them have done much more.

MIRVed global range ICBM has little use for India too unless India is able to make a massive nuclear stockpile. It will be rather tested as a capability and situation.

Testing it right now just as show of force will never bear any advantage.
There is a big difference between short range trajectory and long range. The entire guidance system has to be reworked (big task) This alone increase chances of failures by many folds.

however ICBMs are not just technology demonstrator but a statement to entire earth that we will go at any length if needed.
No country unless its a rough state gives statement to entire earth. The farthest fang of India's open enemies right now don't exceed 6,000 kms. We will when it does. Only idiots full of inferiority complex take pride in seing everyone as their enemy. Their trust on themselves is determined by do others fear them and not what they are.

Yes, they are mere demonstrators. India has thrown its spacecrafts 480 million miles deep in space, hitting any point on earth isn't a challenge.
If I was the PM of India, I would have immediately sanction an A-6 test (code name "Washington" :biggrin2:) and explode a 20mt device on a remote island in Andaman (code name "London":biggrin2:) just to see whitey wet their pants.
That's why you are stupid. They can do much more.

Showing this desperation just because being hostile sounds "cool" makes you no different from useless states like North Korea. Besides nukes, NoKo & Pak are useless.
A big display from a big country :india2:
It's rather a stupid display. A "big" country isn't determined by being hostile to others but with a pragmatic approach.

ICBM without need is display of being desperate and sucked up to other states, not being big.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
40 Minuteman missiles.

A true Brahmastra.
Brahmastra is nuke inside it. However, India can intercept ICBMs.

India better needs to expand nuclear stockpile.
Quick question:

We have global range ICBM. We don't need to reveal because we know neither it will fail nor we need to attack USA.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
West is afraid of China's ICBM and this is a fact. This is why China is permanently safe from a western invasion.

MIRVed global range ICBM has little use for India too unless India is able to make a massive nuclear stockpile. It will be rather tested as a capability and situation.

India can have both, a global range ICBM and a massive nuclear stockpile.

It will make us invasion proof and will give us a veto seat in UN on a silver platter.

No country unless its a rough state gives statement to entire earth.
So US, UK, France, Russia, China are all rough states?

The farthest fang of India's open enemies right now don't exceed 6,000 kms. We will when it does.
Its called foresightedness.

Also known as digging well before your house is on fire.

It's rather a stupid display. A "big" country isn't determined by being hostile to others but with a pragmatic approach.

ICBM without need is display of being desperate and sucked up to other states, not being big.
A big country always has many enemies. Don't think for a second that US/UK is our friends.

Our ancestors also thought that they have no threat beyond their borders and one day British came knocking on their doors. If 300 years ago when Angrez were invading India, had our ancestors possessed a nuke tipped A6 , then India wouldn't have been a western slave.

They couldn't have it... but today we can have it. So we must have it!

Every country needs ICBM. If they can't/won't develop then its their fault. If i was PM of even Nepal then too I would stress my country's limited resources to make ICBM with mt warhead.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Something exceptional will have to go wrong for us to fail our ICBM. We have enough experience with ballistic missiles and actual initial ICBMs. It's not a technological challenge for sure.
There is no technological challenge in ICBM for India, but it doesn't mean India can put into work within months.

That is a really childish claim. The difficult part of ICBM is not launch vehicle (any country can shoot satellite already has that capability even though those civilian rockets are quite vulnerable in the war) but the RV.

For example, the burnout speed of 5-5500km missile is between 5-6km/s, the ICBM>10k km should be over 7km/s;
the temperature of re-entry could be as high as 8k degree for ICBM while it is only 3k-5k degree for Inter-mediate range missile.

How to keep RV burning its heat shield at such speed in a right way that allow a stable and appropriate outfit to provide an accuracy above standard is big challenge for anyone. In the meantime, all the sensors and electronic equipment within the vehicle need work properly in such a environment. Developing such a RV is not easier and consume less than developing a new missile.

The beautiful part is you can't simulate it in the lab.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
West is afraid of China's ICBM and this is a fact.
China has lot lot other things to threaten west. So is India.

China has direct bitter hostilities, India doesn't. Case closed.
This is why China is permanently safe from a western invasion.
No, China isn't. If west chooses to bear losses, China will be left spineless in its own backyard.
A big country always has many enemies.
Not always. We have other enemies but they aren't near Atlantic yet.
Don't think for a second that US/UK is our friends.
I don't. I don't perceive them as enemies either however. We don't have any problem with them.
Being enemy to west is nothing to be proud of. Seriously, you're sounding extremely stupid.
Our ancestors also thought that they have no threat beyond their borders and one day British came knocking on their doors.
But unlike our ancestors, we know who lives around planet.
If 300 years ago when Angrez were invading India, had our ancestors possessed a nuke tipped A6 , then India wouldn't have been a western slave.
If 300 years ago we had nukes, world would have been altogether different today. You wouldn't have been talking like idiots.
Every country needs ICBM. If they can't/won't develop then its their fault. If i was PM of even Nepal then too I would stress my country's limited resources to make ICBM with mt warhead.
Stupid!! Extremely stupid.
There is no technological challenge in ICBM for India, but it doesn't mean India can put into work within months.
It can. Adding additional stage or a stronger booster calculating better parabolic path & trajectory, it can.
How to keep RV burning its heat shield at such speed in a right way that allow a stable and appropriate outfit to provide an accuracy above standard is big challenge for anyone. In the meantime, all the sensors and electronic equipment within the vehicle need work properly in such a environment. Developing such a RV is not easier and consume less than developing a new missile.
Agreed about accuracy part only. India is more than good with heat shields and mission control electronics.

Vijyes

Why behave like retards? Why does India need 20MT nuke? Will you deliver it in C130J plane? Why would you give codenames on others?

40 Minuteman missiles.

A true Brahmastra.

Quick question:

USA ICBM in 40 numbers is not enough. That can kill at best 1 crore people even with MIRV. Nuclear bomb is not some magic weapon. So, don't exaggerate.

India can target USA bases in Europe and other countries.

India has nuclear stockpile. India simply does not talk but about it. India produces 2000kg of plutonium every day from its phwr reactors from indigenous uranium. That is about 500 bombs every year. India has enough plutonium to make large number of bombs by now.

Western hostility to China is overt because China doesn't have leverage. India has leverage and hence the hostility is covert. USA can't afford hostility with India as Indian leverage over Arabs and consequent petroleum supply is more than USA. So, USA is just pretending to be nice. But we are not retards to believe it.
Who decides need? You do? Any weapon is not needed when there is no war. But when there is war, every weapon will be needed. Obviously, ICBM is unnecessary when there is no war. But we make it to be used when war happens. So, what is your logic in saying there is no need to test? We will need every weapon possible and we must get it. Period.

No, China isn't. If west chooses to bear losses, China will be left spineless in its own backyard.
How is that? Are you saying if west does suicide attack, China will be ruined? That is true. But then the west will be completely destroyed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles