DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

IndianHawk

Country flag
HSTDV and Brahmos 2 are similar platforms. They both are scramjet powered missile systems. Powered throughout the flight trajectory.

On the other hand, HGV are an entirely dfferenent concept.. It is released at a very high AL at hypersonic speeds from where it glides towards its target. The vehicle itself is unpowered.

And Brahmos 2 is nothing but a customised Tsirkon to suit our needs. Tsirkon will enter operational service with the Russian Navy and VKS in the latter half of 2020 or 21.
Ok. So our shourya missile is also hypersonic when it descends . So that is akin to a HGV?

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Ok. So our shourya missile is also hypersonic when it descends . So that is akin to a HGV?

Yep. Similar. But our very first HGV would be the Prithvi 1. Back in the days, when hypersonics was still treated as some sort of black magic and the term wasn't being pronounced now and then, Prithvi 1 maneuvered in 3D space. In both X and Y plane.

The Good lawyer, Mr Sayare had posted a slide on this.
And I had watched presentations by Dr A Sivathanu Pillai on our missile programs, IGDMP where he vividly portrays this maneuvering capability of the Prithvi missile in the terminal phase. He even says that the Muricans who had monitored these tests had later told him that that the Indians still had a long way to go in the field of ballistic missiles. Prithvi 1's flight trajectory was all wrong.

We Indians had been a part of the hypersonics club all along. It's just that the world refused to ignore this. We had silently persevered away from all the media limelight and we have emerged victorious.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag

Shaurya is a QBM or Quasi Ballistic Missile. As the name suggest, it follows a false ballistic path or we could say a relatively flat trajectory. Now Ballistic missiles are always high speed vehicles. Shaurya do sustain hypersonic speed during the whole flight path.

HGV on other hand as @Arihant Roy mentioned is a missile which makes use of general physics to attain hypersonic speed. You release it from a height and let gravity take its course. Its similar to RV with the difference being is that it is generally released at edge of atmosphere.

Advantage of any HGV over missile like Shaurya is that they are highly maneuverable and range could be managed unlike Shaurya.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
And HGV is highly maneuverable. Unlike some zig zag maneuvers of RVs, these glide vehicles can perform well defined maneuvers in 3D space.

The HGV are so shaped that they generate wave lift. Compression lift. You know HGV ride on shock waves. Like the XB-70.
So a HGV can cover much more distance than a RV ever can.

Shaurya can execute maneuvers like a HGV. A hypersonic cruise missile like HSTDV can attain speeds of upto Mach 8. Whereas HGV fly at speeds anywhere between M20 to M24.

Chinmoy

Country flag
.Shaurya can execute maneuvers like a HGV. A hypersonic cruise missile like HSTDV can attain speeds of upto Mach 8. Whereas HGV fly at speeds anywhere between M20 to M24.
I would like to disagree here.

Shaurya can't execute maneuver like HGV and HGV don't fly at Mach 20 to M24.

Those are reentry speed. You might be mixing up Skip entry with Glide vehicle.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I would like to disagree here.

Shaurya can't execute maneuver like HGV and HGV don't fly at Mach 20 to M24.

Those are reentry speed. You might be mixing up Skip entry with Glide vehicle.
Shaurya can execute well defined maneuvers. Well, not to that extent that HGV s do. Also, it's maneuvers aren't limited as that of RVs. The envelope is larger.

And yes, my mistake. That's the initial speeds after been released from the carrier. Theyay or may not be released within the atmosphere. I won't call it re reentry speeds.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
And HGV is highly maneuverable. Unlike some zig zag maneuvers of RVs, these glide vehicles can perform well defined maneuvers in 3D space.

The HGV are so shaped that they generate wave lift. Compression lift. You know HGV ride on shock waves. Like the XB-70.
So a HGV can cover much more distance than a RV ever can.

Shaurya can execute maneuvers like a HGV. A hypersonic cruise missile like HSTDV can attain speeds of upto Mach 8. Whereas HGV fly at speeds anywhere between M20 to M24.
Can you please explain me, what is compression lift ?

no smoking

Country flag
Paki !! USA will be jealous of this. Can't wait for butt hurt article on NYT / WAPO.
The vehicle flied around 20 seconds at hypersonic speed according to India newspaper. In 2013, however, USA's X51 already achieved over 200 seconds hypersonic flying. Not sure why USA will be jealous of this?

Chinese drama as usual " India made progress but China far ahead".lol.
Last year, the hypersonic flight of Chinese Starry Sky-2 lasted over 400 seconds.

What will happen now of USA attack on India with aircraft carriers Hain ji. Postponed till they find a solution to hypersonics which they themselves don't have operational . Lol.
This Indian vehicle is not operational stage either. According to the current status, USA's hypersonic vehicle will enter service long before India's one unless Russia provides Brahmos-2.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
The vehicle flied around 20 seconds at hypersonic speed according to India newspaper. In 2013, however, USA's X51 already achieved over 200 seconds hypersonic flying. Not sure why USA will be jealous of this?

Last year, the hypersonic flight of Chinese Starry Sky-2 lasted over 400 seconds.

This Indian vehicle is not operational stage either. According to the current status, USA's hypersonic vehicle will enter service long before India's one unless Russia provides Brahmos-2.

[/QUOTE]
Chinese vehicle is a boost glide vehicle not scramjet.....

Karthi

Country flag
Shaurya can execute well defined maneuvers. Well, not to that extent that HGV s do. Also, it's maneuvers aren't limited as that of RVs. The envelope is larger.

And yes, my mistake. That's the initial speeds after been released from the carrier. Theyay or may not be released within the atmosphere. I won't call it re reentry speeds.

Mach 20-24 is initial speed it depends upon the solid booster used to achieve the kinetic energy . When the Rocket booster burned out it will flow through the outer atmosphere then re-enters the atmosphere , glides towards the target , the speed looses on time and the kind of maneuvers , after glide phase in the end it enters into a dive phase at that time it have Mach 6-7 or more according to the designed terminal velocity.

Shaurya can perform similar kind of maneuvers if we use warhead's designed lije like HGVs as far as I know it may not be difficult task for us .

And the 400second Hypersonic flight claims of China is doubtful

IndianHawk

Country flag

[/QUOTE]

Because USA wants to control hypersonics and scramjet technology . Now it can't control it. It has lost tremendous leverage over India for future. But you're not bright enough to comprehend this.

Chinese have never proven a supersonic missile don't make me laugh with hypersonic claims . You can fool your idiot population by banning international media. It doesn't work here.

USA may operationalize a weapon faster but India will now catch up within a decade compared to 30-40 years it took us to catch up on ballistic missile and cruise missiles.

USA lead is slipping.

shiphone

Country flag
LOL...the first time is much earlier...

1.They
(CASC team,which is mentioned above) tested the scramjet flying vehicle for the first time in 2011, the development flight tests lasted three years until 2014, and in 2016, the team and project won the national prize (Special prize of national defense science and technology progress award).

2. anther scramjet tech route is the axial symmetry shape vehicle. the first team which achieved the maiden flight in 2012 is AVIC group( airplane manufacturer ). but another team from NUDT(National University of Defense Technology) is more famous with its project 凌云

3. quite some more projects/teams exist...eg. a team from XiaMen Univercity(but they just began the aerodynamic experiment flights)

Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
LOL...the first time is much earlier...

1.They
(CASC team,which is mentioned above) tested the scramjet flying vehicle for the first time in 2011, the development flight tests lasted three years until 2014, and in 2016, the team and project won the national prize (Special prize of national defense science and technology progress award).

2. anther scramjet tech route is the axial symmetry shape vehicle. the first team which achieved the maiden flight in 2012 is AVIC group( airplane manufacturer ). but another team from NUDT(National University of Defense Technology) is more famous with its project 凌云

3. quite some more projects/teams exist...eg. a team from XiaMen Univercity(but they just began the aerodynamic experiment flights)

Looks like cheep toys , all of these are just claims by the eyeless Nobody knows the reality and we don't trust Chinkies just because they are pathetic liers and as stupid show offs

Vijyes

It's only you who is an idiot. We don't make things to compete with others. We didn't fear for sanctions and we went for many things we wanted needed without any fear of sanctions.
Just because others have it, isn't source of our aspirations. That's about what we want and need.
Do you know the difference between the start date and end date to develop and refine an ICBM? It is not that we can clandestinely make ICBM and then suddenly use it. We need to test it to check if it works as intended or not and there is no alternative to testing.

Moreover, for any SLBM, it needs ICBM for defence as submarines are expected to be far offshore. You can always give excuse that you tested SLBM ICBM and not land one.
Actually this is a fact. I case of war India has no capability to attack/damage mainland USA. In this case even north Korea is ahead of us.
Even USA has no capabilities to damage India other than firing a few missiles. The bases in Gulf and Pakistan will be rendered useless as USA doesn't have replenishment or manufacturing capabilities in Gulf. The logistics take 15 days to come from USA to India and that is too much a time in war.
First of all war between India and USA is highly unlikely but we must be prepared for any eventuality. Hence requirement of Agni-6 ICBM.

Only Agni-6 can save us in case of (unlikely) war against USA.

How? Lets look at possibilities of war scenario.

Those layman who are unfamiliar with US-Indian war simulation games please read following.

The invasion will take place in following 3 stages.

First stage:
USN completely destroys IN

USN destroys all Indian navy ships within first few days of war. We may launch some Brahmos and destroy few US ships but in reality USN has more ships than number of Brahmos we have.

However this too would be unnecessary as mighty silent US subs would destroy entire IN. Then CSG will enter Indian waters.

Second stage:
Rain of fire

Hundreds of missiles will fall on IAF bases and SAM sites. F-22, F18 and F-35 will finish IAF fleet rendering Indian skies completely empty for third and final stage.

Third & Final stage:
Destruction of ground forces

US stealth bombers will destroy all IA barracks, important installations, supply chains, Road networks, Bridges, ammo dump, etc.

And finally US marines and SF units enters mainland India and destroys whats left and takes control of territory.

Outcome Looks gloomy, No? but This is the sad reality that we live in. USA is fully capable of destroying mainland India in case of war however we can't even drop a single bomb on mainland USA.

Only one weapon can change outcome of this war simulation in our favor and that weapon, our Brahmasta is AGNI-6 ICBM.

AGNI-6 with either MIRV or MT warhead will make sure USA never even in their dreams imagine to attack India ever. This one single weapon will overnight make us a truly global power.

This is why it is crucial for India to test Agni-6. ASAP.
India has more population than entire NATO combined. Your theory appears yo be simply a joke. Fighting from sea against ground forces is absurd. There are hundreds of sensors in sea bed to check submarine, ships have patrol to check infiltration and submarines, Indian missiles have enough reach to render all nearby bases useless.

What kind of theory is this?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles