DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Knowitall

6 scorpene vs 55 attack subs of USN. Yeah right!

Not to mention sub hunter planes and helis will be scouting entire Indian Ocean for scorpenes. And that too if France under heavy US pressure hasn't already pressed kill switches.

US has 74 high-tech subs that is alone enough to destroy an india size country (if we add nuclear)

add 70 destroyers and 20 some frigates and hundreds of naval helicopters and top of that US marines have their own navy add that to mix and tell me where does IN stand against this monster?

They have giant navy reserves with hundreds of ships, subs and ACs kept mothballed just for situation like this.

They will fly from Pakistan, bombers will come from Saudi/UAE bases. (Gosh, do I have to be that specific!)

Please read Second stage of attack by missiles where all our SAMs are neutralized.

Destroy Diago Garcia with what?

Cruise missiles? We don't have that range.

BMs? We don't have in numbers.

Ships? They will be sunken before it crosses Sri lanka.

Nukes? You know what USA can do to India right?

Also in our war game I haven't Included mighty forces of NATO that will join the fight in case of war. I have also not mentioned Pakistan who will jump in this golden opportunity to finish India once and for all.

This is why the only thing that can save India from this disaster is Agni-6 ICBM. Rest is just nonsense.

Lol you really don't know how war works huh. If invading nations was this simple US might already have conquered multiple countries. Think about the amount of firepower supplies and manpower which would be required to take us down. It is simply impossible in current times to defeat a country as large as India.

no smoking

Country flag
No it is. Gap between economic & military capabilities of India & great powers was much much bigger back in 70s.

I was talking about whether India can impose unacceptable damage to great powers.

I repeat, ICBM isn't a technical challenge. It will actually initiate testing in form of a small launch vehicle from this year on.

It doesn’t affect my point: it will be too late if India decides to develop the ICBM only when war starts.

By the way: what do you mean testing in form of a small launch vehicle? What launch vehicle?

It's as prone as other systems to American & Russian offensives. Third, without involving nuclear weapons since start, no they can't "wipe out" Indian facilities. They will receive a major damage what they won't get from Iran.

No, they can. The accuracy of the new generation of launch vehicles are so good, the target used to require 2 nuke can be destroyed by 6-8 conventional warheads now. More importantly, both Russia and America have the appropriate platforms (strategic bombers, nuclear submarine) to shoot over hundreds of these weapons within minutes from the position very close to India border or coast. On the other hand, India lacks the number of weapons and the platforms. The range of weapon is also a big problem to India.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hawsong-15 .
Relatively easy to intercept.
So, entire garbage you have been spilling around pitching for Agni-6.
I was talking about whether India can impose unacceptable damage to great powers.
Obviously, it can to everyone of them. It's actually only one great power not allowed in security council and lacks efficient military indutrial infrastructure for various reasons.
Besides all, it's only country who's able to give a serious damage to P5.
It doesn’t affect my point: it will be too late if India decides to develop the ICBM only when war starts.
First, wars don't start in a day. Tensions take time to get built and weapons arr tested in between that period. So will be a global range ICBM in case of an Indo US confrontation.

Moreover, India doesn't need to "develop" but just validate technology. We have all the platforms. Things will take time to escalate to full scale war where countries end up firing nukes at each other. Russia is even doable because of its small population.

Let's leave India, US is stronger than PRC by many miles when it comes to naval & nuclear strength. But things aren't going to escalate to that level before crossing transition stages where gap between powers of US & China is thin and still is thinning. So is the case at lower extent with India.
There is no way US will be left without some serious bleeding. I'm wondering, why US doesn't hit Russia, China or India like it hit Iraq & preparing for Iran?
By the way: what do you mean testing in form of a small launch vehicle? What launch vehicle?
SSLV
An Indian equivalent of Minotaur, Start-1 and Kuiazhou.
No, they can. The accuracy of the new generation of launch vehicles are so good, the target used to require 2 nuke can be destroyed by 6-8 conventional warheads now. More importantly, both Russia and America have the appropriate platforms (strategic bombers, nuclear submarine) to shoot over hundreds of these weapons within minutes from the position very close to India border or coast. On the other hand, India lacks the number of weapons and the platforms. The range of weapon is also a big problem to India.
Escalation doesn't start with that level. Second, "range of weapon" isn't really a problem. India chose not to test a global range ICBM for diplomatic reasons. There is no way to believe that Indian ICBM at its first attempt will fail despite excellent experience with rocket tech. North Korea with much primitive systems has done that.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
This is some superb discussion going on. For a second I thought I wandered into a Rand or ORF meeting.

USN decimating IN, India throwing nukes on US. Too good. Pew pew pew brrrt boom boom.:shoot::brahmos::shoot::shoot::india:
yes possible war scenario that may never happen in our lifetime :smile: But can't resist the urge of imagination :yo:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

Odisha: India today successfully launched a Technology Demonstrator missile vehicle to prove a number of technologies for futuristic missions. Missile was launched successfully. The missile was test fired using an Agni-series missile off the coast of Balasore

IndianHawk

Country flag

Its big............guys.........................................
Finally we are at the cutting edge of technology right up there in top 2-3.
Kalams dream is coming true . No more the 6th nation syndrome.

First ASAT , SFDR and now this hypersonics with scramjet combine with GAGANYAN and Chandra Yan 2 and rejuvenation of mwf and nlca mk2. 10 yrs of Modi and we will finally realize our potential.

That is what I posted all along. This is what an empowered DRDO looks like. this is what DRDO can deliver with a govt that is determined .

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Finally we are at the cutting edge of technology right up there in top 2-3.
Kalams dream is coming true . No more the 6th nation syndrome.

First ASAT , SFDR and now this hypersonics with scramjet combine with GAGANYAN and Chandra Yan 2 and rejuvenation of mwf and nlca mk2. 10 yrs of Modi and we will finally realize our potential.

That is what I posted all along. This is what an empowered DRDO looks like. this is what DRDO can deliver with a govt that is determined .

Bdw....pakis will die in jealousy.....

sthf

Country flag
Mashallah!!!!

Can't wait for pics. I was waiting for this test for years now. HSDTV based tech will act as a cornerstone of first strike options.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Bdw....pakis will die in jealousy.....
Paki !! USA will be jealous of this. Can't wait for butt hurt article on NYT / WAPO.
Not to forget world war 3 warning on britshit media. Lol.
Chinese drama as usual " India made progress but China far ahead".lol.

What will happen now of USA attack on India with aircraft carriers Hain ji. Postponed till they find a solution to hypersonics which they themselves don't have operational . Lol.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
DRDO has made good progress in recent months with ASAT Test and now HSTDV ,it is important as the Hypersonic Brahmos might be based on this vehicle,Notam was of 550 KM ,Mach 6 speed these kind of extreme speeds make enemy reaction time very low now eagerly waiting Pralay SRBM test
images (90).jpeg

IndianHawk

Country flag
DRDO has made good progress in recent months with ASAT Test and now HSTDV ,it is important as the Hypersonic Brahmos might be based on this vehicle,Notam was of 550 KM ,Mach 6 speed these kind of extreme speeds make enemy reaction time very low now eagerly waiting Pralay SRBM test View attachment 35777
Last I read about these things I gather.
A warship with 20 metere high radar can see current bramhos from 27 km away and then has reaction time of about 26 seconds. Bramhos travelles at 2.8 Mach.

Now hypersonics doubles the speed to 6 Mach but for ease let's take 5.6 Mach.

For the same warship it will leave only 13 seconds to react.
Let that sink in 13 seconds!!

Chinmoy

Country flag
Last I read about these things I gather.
A warship with 20 metere high radar can see current bramhos from 27 km away and then has reaction time of about 26 seconds. Bramhos travelles at 2.8 Mach.

Now hypersonics doubles the speed to 6 Mach but for ease let's take 5.6 Mach.

For the same warship it will leave only 13 seconds to react.
Let that sink in 13 seconds!!

Operational altitude of any HSTDV based missile would be different from BRAHMOS.
HSTDV is designed to operate at an altitude of 40km. Its our Hypersonic glide vehicle.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Operational altitude of any HSTDV based missile would be different from BRAHMOS.
HSTDV is designed to operate at an altitude of 40km. Its our Hypersonic glide vehicle.
So what will bramhos 2 be ? A glide vehicle ?
Or a missile with scramjet engine? How does it work out?

Chinmoy

Country flag

BRAHMOS 2 would be a Scramjet based cruise missile.

But don't expect it to be as sea skimming as BRAHMOS.

Arihant Roy

Country flag

HSTDV and Brahmos 2 are similar platforms. They both are scramjet powered missile systems. Powered throughout the flight trajectory.

On the other hand, HGV are an entirely dfferenent concept.. It is released at a very high AL at hypersonic speeds from where it glides towards its target. The vehicle itself is unpowered.

And Brahmos 2 is nothing but a customised Tsirkon to suit our needs. Tsirkon will enter operational service with the Russian Navy and VKS in the latter half of 2020 or 21.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles