Capabilities & sale of JF-17 fighter

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You are right your LCA is 4.5+ gen whereas JF-17 can not even compete with Mig21. :happy_2:
Like you are one to talk when J-10 uses a Russian radar. Chinese avionics are so bad China does not even want to use them.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
You are right your LCA is 4.5+ gen whereas JF-17 can not even compete with Mig21. :happy_2:
Seems you are intelligent enough to understand the difference which lifts one fighting machine from 3rd generation to 4.5th is actually the generation of the technology involved in making that flying machine. :happy_2: LCA is 4.5th generation because like most of the modern 4.5 generation fighters it uses advance carbon composites for airframe and structure and digital FCS for flying the jet. These are something neither Mig-21Bison uses nor JF-17.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Like you are one to talk when J-10 uses a Russian radar. Chinese avionics are so bad China does not even want to use them.
J-10 does not use russian radar. It uses domestic KLJ-10, a down graded version called KLJ-7 is installed on JF-17. Get your facts straight. Chinese radars these days have now advanced to the stage that China is replacing russian radars with domestic ones on her Su27/J11 fleets.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Seems you are intelligent enough to understand the difference which lifts one fighting machine from 3rd generation to 4.5th is actually the generation of the technology involved in making that flying machine. :happy_2: LCA is 4.5th generation because like most of the modern 4.5 generation fighters it uses advance carbon composites for airframe and structure and digital FCS for flying the jet. These are something neither Mig-21Bison uses nor JF-17.
This is what this indian defence expert has to say about JF17:The JF-17 certainly flies much better than the Mirage-2000... Your LCA may be 4.5+ gen on paper, but so far I've only seen a flying ***.

badguy2000

Respected Member
WS-10 is their attempt to clone the AL-31, that engine is far too large for the JF-17. You thinking about WS-13 which is their attempt to clone the RD-93.
come on, guy,cay you stop your nonsense? WS10 is the cousin of F101 and CMF56.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
J-10 does not use russian radar. It uses domestic KLJ-10, a down graded version called KLJ-7 is installed on JF-17. Get your facts straight. Chinese radars these days have now advanced to the stage that China is replacing russian radars with domestic ones on her Su27/J11 fleets.
Deputy director of Sukhoi says it does...

China stopped buying Russian aircraft, Sergeyev said that in the first place due to the fact that China is developing its own aircraft. Today at work are about six to eight projects. One is represented at the air show - the fourth-generation combat aircraft J-10. It was created with the help of Russia. He wears the Russian engine and the Russian radar, but overall this is a demonstration of certain success of Chinese aviation industry, the spokesman said.

http://vpk.name/news/46739_obem_rab...tae_sostavlyaet_sotni_millionov_dollarov.html

smartindian

Country flag
This is what this indian defence expert has to say about JF17:The JF-17 certainly flies much better than the Mirage-2000... Your LCA may be 4.5+ gen on paper, but so far I've only seen a flying ***.
Care . to explain how, in what way it is better than mirage-2000, or even mig 21 ,tell me in what way , in range , or in quality of radar , or in any technology which this junk uses .

only argument is it costs less . by this argument
we can buy 10 junk figher -for 1 joint strict fighter, why no one is buy jf-17, and every developed country for jsf.

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Look what same has said in comment section "However I expect the LCA to be better even without the new engine.". Anyway logic taken. Not to mention in support of that superb logic is, F-35 is still not build yet but on paper it is way toooooooo far superior than any 3rd generation flying **** like JF-17s.

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Deputy director of Sukhoi says it does...
The and now, you should know the difference. Just some one makes a claim means a square thing. J10 according to all sources these days uses domestic radar period. 10 years ago none of my friends and relatives of my age in China had a car, these days they have at least 1, so remember one thing unlike say in a dying country like France a few years are eternity in China now days.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The and now, you should know the difference. Just some one makes a claim means a square thing. J10 according to all sources these days uses domestic radar period. 10 years ago none of my friends and relatives of my age in China had a car, these days they have at least 1, so remember one thing unlike say in a dying country like France a few years are eternity in China now days.
You so mad you can't make the radar you have to cry about it. :happy_2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Another question which keeps on coming to my mind if this Junk fighter is so good then why the hell PLA AF dont buy this plane ??? why they are going for J10 A or B for its airforce.

surely they know something which our friends from PAF dont know..........:emot0:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Another question which keeps on coming to my mind if this Junk fighter is so good then why the hell PLA AF dont buy this plane ??? why they are going for J10 A or B for its airforce.

surely they know something which our friends from PAF dont know..........:emot0:
Because J10 is better suited for PLAAF (faster, longer leg, more external load, better upgrade potential, etc) and China can afford it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Because J10 is better suited for PLAAF (faster, longer leg, more external load, better upgrade potential, etc) and China can afford it.
thanks

does that means that JF 17 is slower, shorter leg, less external load , less or no upgrade potential, etc

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
thanks

does that means that JF 17 is slower, shorter leg, less external load , less or no upgrade potential, etc
Compared to J10 yes, but compared with LCA (Last chance aircraft) definitely not.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Compared to J10 yes, but compared with LCA (Last chance aircraft) definitely not.
you cannot compare LCA with JF 17 one is not tested fully yet inducted into PAF and even offered to foreigners not to mention PLA AF dont find it worthwhile to even induct the same into its fleet.

Where as LCA is being tested to full potential, soon to get IOC and FOC may be next year. Induction only after IOC and weapons tests.

BTW some of the pakistani think that JF is better then J10 A or B. (dont know why)

ganesh177

Country flag
Unfortunately you lost all your credibility by including the ownership of cars in your argument to prove the progress of avionics industry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles