Russia Future Strategic Nuclear Weapons Capabilities.

blackjack

Country flag
This will pretty much give an overview of what nuclear weapon projects are publicly known and the roles that they will play.

Yars

Yars.jpg

Yars has a between 11,000kms to 12,000kms maneuvers from the start to end phase by not following a traditional ICBM path but controlled thrust vectors which make it easier to use for liquid fuel than solid fuel rockets. Options for warheads are 3-6 MIRVs with 300-500 kiloton warheads or 6 to 9 150 kiloton warheads. Yars-S is a modernization approval over the existing Yars. The missiles also carry targeting countermeasures and decoys, about 136+ mobile versions and 16 silo versions have been made.

Barguzin

1671924894051.png

Based on picture the explanation is pretty straight forward, 3 missiles based on the Bulava missile are attached to one of the high-speed train trailers. They will be A.I controlled and choose random different paths, go underground, etc, to throw off adversaries monitoring their weapons via satellite.

Cedar

1671926111528.png

Yars was a replacement for Topol and Cedar is a replacement for Yars not much is known other than being more advanced than Yars. Creation of missile will begin in 2023-2024.

Sarmat

1671926662323.png

The most powerful nuclear weapon in their arsenal that carries 10-15 MIRVs with unspecified amount of Avangards which I will discuss after this missile, I am assuming the blast yjelds will be equivalent to Satan missile. But as what I would expect the missile has many countermeasures implemented before reaching its target and the 1st is using the Mozyr active protection system around its silos which fire projectiles at a 6km altitude against cruise missiles, bombs, warheads. 2nd what i heard from other sources is that it uses detonation engines which accelerate faster than conventional 1st stage engines used which reduces the tracking time to intercept them. 3rd the 18,000km range allows it to travel or rather fly a trajectory through the south pole which states makes the missile immune from air defenses trying to hit it which I guess is due to powerful X-rays from solar flare radiation from the south pole and has a FOB capability of deploying warheads at low altitudes to travel to its intended targets.

Avangard

1671927966196.png

The Avangard is a hypersonic glide vehicle that based on different claims has speeds of mach 20 to mach 27. It gets released at an altitude of 100kms being carried from a missile and makes the rest of its 6000km + range to its target with a 2-megaton payload. So, what makes the HGV difficult to intercept is its lower altitude flight than ballistic missile flight ceilings, maneuverability and speed which I am guessing gives it plasma properties stronger than the Zircon missile giving radars a difficult time to track it. About 8 Avangards are in service but equipped in UR-100 missiles. Russians have created new materials that can burn up to 4200 degrees Celsius which can give them more hypersonic projects to work with on faster speeds and lower altitudes.

Burevestnik

1671929062648.png

I would like to call this a 3rd strike nuclear weapons because after all the high-speed nuclear missiles are exchanged this subsonic low flying missile will have an unlimited flight range (depending how long miniature nuclear engines last) just looking for survivors and it will be A.I. controlled. It will use radar horizon to fly low and avoid any air defenses assuming if there are any that will still function.

Poseidon

1671929531252.png

An AI torpedo with a 10,000km range, 1km depth and high-speed underwater nuclear warheads that can be launched from one their submarines like Belgorod to destroy cities either physically by hitting the coasts or according to other arguments and online articles depending on payloads and depths, cause radioactive tsunamis.

This pretty much covers their nuclear weapons and their other nuclear weapons have been discussed earlier in other articles from their navy, army and air force.

References

1. About engines for intercontinental ballistic missiles (topwar.ru)

2.Mike Mihajlovic on Twitter: "The head of Roskosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, announced work in the direction of a new type of ballistic missile from railway platforms. The new missile is based on RSM-56 Bulava submarine-launched missile. https://t.co/syxJKHBiuw" / Twitter

3. 4200 degrees Celsius: Russian scientists have created the most refractory material in the world – RT on Russian

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles