AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

IndianHawk

Country flag
BIG: No imports planned for 5th generation fighter jets. India to go for the indigenous Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), Air Chief says in response to my question.

Finally some clarity. AMCA should not face foreign sabotage and it's orders shouldn't be limited to small number's.

Time to go big. Plan for 400 AMCA and fund the beast with full support.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Th
Tempest is just air right now. And British economy is in the shitter. Tempest doesn't have a bright future especially when french and German are competing against it.
They are already calling to merge the program. French can definitely get their next gen operational as planned. But AMCA will be our workhorse along with Tejas and UCAVs post 2040.

Megalomaniac

Country flag
The Korean built KFX fighter is slated to achieve a RCS measure which I don't believe possible for a fighter which is not more than a semi stealth 4.5 gen plane. What do you guys think the expected RCS of AMCA would be when it will be built completely? I believe its geometric stealth is best among all 5th gen aircraft.

Gaurav Rai

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tempest is just air right now. And British economy is in the shitter. Tempest doesn't have a bright future especially when french and German are competing against it.
No matter what they will finish tempest before our sarkari babus finish amca. We should let private players pitch in for fighter jet projects.

IndianHawk

Country flag
The Korean built KFX fighter is slated to achieve a RCS measure which I don't believe possible for a fighter which is not more than a semi stealth 4.5 gen plane. What do you guys think the expected RCS of AMCA would be when it will be built completely? I believe its geometric stealth is best among all 5th gen aircraft.
Korean have two stage program. Kf-x will come first as 4.5 gen plane than evolve as 5th gen with internal bay in second version.

We can't speculate about AMCA RCS. Geomatric shaping is just a part of stealth matrix. Other parts are ram coatings , supercruise engine , passive sensors and sensor fusion and latest is ability to control drones/ wingman.

G10

Country flag
No chan
I am getting the feeling that at the time of induction, AMCA is definitely getting some 6th gen elements like swarm drone control. It will be no less than a 5.5 gen stealth fighter.
No chance. Rustom still not inducted. Aura has no deadline. To get to that level with indian bureaucracy will take more 50 years.

Megalomaniac

Country flag
No chan

No chance. Rustom still not inducted. Aura has no deadline. To get to that level with indian bureaucracy will take more 50 years.
Why are you so pessimistic? Remember the IAF personal who talked about Swarm drone capacity in a exclusive video about SPORT trainer. IAF is not a fool. It must have planned somethings which are classified at the moment.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Why are you so pessimistic? Remember the IAF personal who talked about Swarm drone capacity in a exclusive video about SPORT trainer. IAF is not a fool. It must have planned somethings which are classified at the moment.
And it doesnt have the budget to dream as they like.

vishnugupt

Country flag
DRDO must develop indigenous engines, capable of producing more than 115KN power for AMCA to prevent it to go Tejas's way because GE 414 engines being used in F-18 with no super cruise which is same weight category fighter so better to develop a engine power of 120KN.
Some might say this can be compensate with the help of aerodynamic refinement but for the 5th generation, designer need to sacrifice refinement on cost of stealth

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
DRDO must develop indigenous engines, capable of producing more than 115KN power for AMCA to prevent it to go Tejas's way because GE 414 engines being used in F-18 with no super cruise which is same weight category fighter so better to develop a engine power of 120KN.
Some might say this can be compensate with the help of aerodynamic refinement but for the 5th generation, designer need to sacrifice refinement on cost of stealth
The thrust at afterburner has no bearing on super cruise. You need to focus on the dry thrust of the engine.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

That figure is for clean configuration - without weapons load. It goes without saying that that figure has very little military value except if KF/X is going to perform recon role only.

dude00720

Country flag
That figure is for clean configuration - without weapons load. It goes without saying that that figure has very little military value except if KF/X is going to perform recon role only.
:balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe:

How about a sour grapes Emoji, Guys?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles