AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

blackhawk_80

Oh really! How do you conclude in that way!?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Why actually no? The conclusion itself is rather logic and sound, taking into consideration the fleet composition. It's always easier and more convenient to have the same manufacturer platforms with regard to spare parts and maintenance, for instance.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Oh really! How do you conclude in that way!?

Its stealth, the watcher generally doesnt know where the single feather ends up floating in the air to its own shape and design. Also the founding designer is a great one.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Incorporating all these new age techs on one particular aircraft but not one tech only on one particular aircraft e.g. swedes have the best gan based aesa radar and they mounted it on their aircraft but it does not make the toy 6th gen, it's still a fourth gen because it doesn't have all the other features it should possessed to be a sixth gen one.

I'm saying late 5th gen birds like AMCA / kf-x could get these technologies like drone wingman and gan radar in mid life upgrade / later production blocks. Just like late 4th gen birds like rafale incorporated aesa and ew / active stealth components .

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Kchontha

Country flag
I'm saying late 5th gen birds like AMCA / kf-x could get these technologies like drone wingman and gan radar in mid life upgrade / later production blocks. Just like late 4th gen birds like rafale incorporated aesa and ew / active stealth components .

Yes you're right all these technologies can be incorporated in the airframe of a fifth gen aircraft in its upgrade but still it is an upgraded fifth gen aircraft since the airframe is of the same old design, for example, LM f21 - which is on offer to india for 114 mmrca 2 competition - incorporated many fifth gen technologies yet it remains upgraded f16 because of its old airframe design. In other words, one main difference between fifth gen and sixth gen fighters is in respect of their airframe design i.e. the latter airframe will be a gen ahead of the former. For example, Franco-German Next Generation Fighter sports a delta wing with no vertical surfaces airframe, a model of NGF was showcased in Paris at Euronaval 2018.

Kchontha

Country flag
Its stealth, the watcher generally doesnt know where the single feather ends up floating in the air to its own shape and design. Also the founding designer is a great one.
Nice poetry on surki57..[emoji8][emoji7][emoji7][emoji8][emoji8]

Megalomaniac

Country flag
Two big bays with four weapon stations ,and capacity to carry 3ton of payload including fuel ....
That must be 3 tons of weapon payload excluding internal fuel capacity. F-35 can carry 8 tons fuel internally. Internal fuel capacity of AMCA is debatable as its assumed combat radius will be around 1000km which is a very respectable figure because internal fuel capacity is 4 tons if I am right. Wiki says with 8 tons fuel, F-35's combat radius is just above 1200km. So what magic fuel AMCA planners have in secret if AMCA would be able to cover up 1000km with 4 tons fuel.

Reactions: G10

Deathstar

Country flag
Why didn't we display our AMCA design like the Turks in this year's Paris Air show?

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
That must be 3 tons of weapon payload excluding internal fuel capacity. F-35 can carry 8 tons fuel internally. Internal fuel capacity of AMCA is debatable as its assumed combat radius will be around 1000km which is a very respectable figure because internal fuel capacity is 4 tons if I am right. Wiki says with 8 tons fuel, F-35's combat radius is just above 1200km. So what magic fuel AMCA planners have in secret if AMCA would be able to cover up 1000km with 4 tons fuel.
Im not talking about the internal fuel, but the fuel carried in small DT so that they are accommodated into the weapons bay...

pc982449

I think amca jet Int fuel carry more then 4tns and internal weapon weight is 2.5tns
Total 6.5tns

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

itsme

Country flag
Anyone see the NGF revealed in the Paris airshow. It can be a good option for our NG fighter requirement. Like FGFA.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Rafale carries 4.8 ton fuel AMCA will be larger. Easily expect 6 ton+ fuel. Stealth demands more internal fuel and hence bigger size.

pc982449

Rafale carries 4.8 ton fuel AMCA will be larger. Easily expect 6 ton+ fuel. Stealth demands more internal fuel and hence bigger size.

Yes but amca jet carry internal fuel 6tns
And internal weapon weight is 2.5tns
Total 8.5tns

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles