ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPresident

Country flag
India makes AL31FP engine. India is not Turkey or Pakistan. India has made R25, R29 engines in 1970s-1980s. Infrastructure is made by man and that has been in the making in India for some time. India may have been slow but that does not mean India has not been doing anything. So, stop your blabbering about capability. Your rants will never end. According to you India will indefinitely be incapable just because you want it to be so! USA, France, Russia, UK etc are not filled with superhumans who can work better than Indians.
Well ur back peddling BS again. last time u said we couldnt get kaveri up and running beacuse we started making AL31 and RD33 only by 2010 now ur telling we have been making engines from 1970??? so if we have all the infrastructure why go to SAFRAN with offset clause?? btw I am still waiting for ur source on 2 million dollar deal for certification with SAFRAN as u claimed.

AL31 and RD33 was Developed by Russia we only put them together.

Western people are not super humans, just that they have enough resources to invest in R&D. Nothing comes easy until and unless we are ready to invest in R&D we cant get to their level if technology.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Well ur back peddling BS again. last time u said we couldnt get kaveri up and running beacuse we started making AL31 and RD33 only by 2010 now ur telling we have been making engines from 1970??? so if we have all the infrastructure why go to SAFRAN with offset clause?? btw I am still waiting for ur source on 2 million dollar deal for certification with SAFRAN as u claimed.

AL31 and RD33 was Developed by Russia we only put them together.

Western people are not super humans, just that they have enough resources to invest in R&D. Nothing comes easy until and unless we are ready to invest in R&D we cant get to their level if technology.
You don't seem to piece everything together from the beginning to the end and keep changing goalpost when you run out of older memory.

India started making Al31F from 2015. I am not sure when RD33 was started to be made in India or the percentage of indigenous components in it and if the RD33 is the latest series 3 engine..

About R25 engines, India made them in HAL for MiG21 planes. India did not simply assemble them here. India was capable of making them in India in Koraput division. India had made 657 MiG21 planes completely in India including engnes with ToT from USSR.

MrPresident

Country flag
All parts of an engine are perfectly synced for that engine only and can't be adopted in another engine. M88 parts can't be used in Kaveri.

By the way, who told you that Kaveri will never be completed? By 2019, expect it to be completed and into flight trials. USA engines will not be needed for long. Kaveri engine is a project since 1996 and it has made decent progress regularly except in UPA2 era. So, it should be no surprise that Kaveri can be made right soon. Also, India makes Al31F & RD33 engines inhouse which in turn shows the capability of India to make engines, although a slightly older generation ones
I am quoting ur post, Well apparently you are the one who is spreading this BS. I am not changing my goal post, I only said we would be better off to get help and complete an engine which can be used on LCA / AMCA which can be out of range for uncle Sam's itchy sanctions finger.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I am quoting ur post, Well apparently you are the one who is spreading this BS. I am not changing my goal post, I only said we would be better off to get help and complete an engine which can be used on LCA / AMCA which can be out of range for uncle Sam's itchy sanctions finger.
I am saying that no one except Russia will "HELP" India in getting such critical technology. Since Russia itself does not have any 100-110kN engines with itself, i don't think Russia can help here. So, India has to make its own engine with "assistance". Assistance from any other country will mean "imported" parts and that is not acceptable

sjmaverick

Country flag
I would put this way:
Capability : beginner
Funds: miserable little
Intent : not strong enough
Execution : full of potential

Ironically, common man always overestimates his power.
That's your point of view and you have every right to keep it the way you want to believe it....my two words were to bring you closer to reality but words wont do any good..... even i am waiting for execution.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
If GTRE have resolved all the issues then why are they not flying Tejas with Kaveri???

In a longer run may be we can have our own core and 100% indigenous engine. But as of now we have to make do with M88 core.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Even with all issues resolved, kaveri will not be fit for tejas as it will not generate required wet trust for Tajas. Infact it shoould produce 90 Kn wet and 55 to 56 kn dry to become fully fit for Tejas.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Even with all issues resolved, kaveri will not be fit for tejas as it will not generate required wet trust for Tajas. Infact it shoould produce 90 Kn wet and 55 to 56 kn dry to become fully fit for Tejas.
Who told you that Kaveri will not produce 90kN thrust? Do you know that Kaveri can get increased bypass ratio from its original 0.16 value? That itself will make Tejas have higher thrust. Also, Tejas MK1A uses 85kN thrust F404, not 90kN.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Who told you that Kaveri will not produce 90kN thrust? Do you know that Kaveri can get increased bypass ratio from its original 0.16 value? That itself will make Tejas have higher thrust. Also, Tejas MK1A uses 85kN thrust F404, not 90kN.
The issue which was there to resolve was some special noise. All the nagging issue of Kaveri was resolved earlier and only one issue was left for which the consultancy was sought. Now if the thrust of kaveri is increased and it is made fit for Tejas, please provide me the link. That will be the great news I would have got in last few months.

porky_kicker

Country flag
UTTAM AESA radar

I WILL SEARCH AND TRACK, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN :cool1:

Some of the features

1.Low probability of intercept

2.Non cooperative target recognition

3.Interleaved modes of operation and rapid target engagement.

4.Simultaneous multimode , multifunction and multi-target tracking capability.

5.Multiple SLC channels for jammer supression.

6.Multiple ECCM features

7.Very high resolution active array based SAR resolution.

8.Frequency and wavefront agility

9.Scalable to enable fitment on other aircrafts

Etc

DfZrOs1UcAASkcV.jpeg

DfZrQePVMAAoox5.jpeg

In the second picture you can see the Uttam radar integrated to LCA for testing.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
mk1 uses 84kn engine.............

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
mk1 uses 84kn engine.............
I rounded it off to the closest multiple of 5. Also, the F404-IN20 is stated as 19000lbf thrust which comes to 86kN on conversion while the SI unit is given as 84kN. The information given by GE is itself confusing

MrPresident

Country flag
I am saying that no one except Russia will "HELP" India in getting such critical technology. Since Russia itself does not have any 100-110kN engines with itself, i don't think Russia can help here. So, India has to make its own engine with "assistance". Assistance from any other country will mean "imported" parts and that is not acceptable
Lol u can't even remember ur own comments....anyways.. keep peddling BS. If Russia had to part the know how they would have done it by now. No one will help us with critical technology we have to do our own R&D.

So you mean to say imported engine is fine but not imported parts for an engine?.. hmmm...

Btw I am still waiting for source on $2 million dollar certification agreement with Safran as claimed by you.

MrPresident

Country flag
My argument is, if the engine is flight worthy why not put it up on a test bed or a prototype LCA. Its not like plane can't even take off? Why not start testing the engine if all the issues are resolved. Claimed dry thrust is about 52 KN which is more than the current F404 (49 KN).

Enquirer

My argument is, if the engine is flight worthy why not put it up on a test bed or a prototype LCA. Its not like plane can't even take off? Why not start testing the engine if all the issues are resolved. Claimed dry thrust is about 52 KN which is more than the current F404 (49 KN).

Sounds like a BS idea!
Tejas is a single-engined aircraft. No sane person would put the pilot's life at risk by 'testing' a jet engine on a single-engined aircraft!
Kaveri should first be tested (as 1 engine) on a twin-engined aircraft like Mig-29, before fitting it onto Tejas.
Alternatively, when Tejas will be made autonomous (no pilot required) then it could be fitted on it (autonomous Tejas project will start very shortly)

MrPresident

Country flag
My friend I know.. it was a question for people who claim all issue with Kaveri is resolved.
There are people here who claims we don't need outside help and Kaveri only needs certification. It was a question for them.

Sounds like a BS idea!
Tejas is a single-engined aircraft. No sane person would put the pilot's life at risk by 'testing' a jet engine on a single-engined aircraft!
Kaveri should first be tested (as 1 engine) on a twin-engined aircraft like Mig-29, before fitting it onto Tejas.
Alternatively, when Tejas will be made autonomous (no pilot required) then it could be fitted on it (autonomous Tejas project will start very shortly)

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
My friend I know.. it was a question for people who claim all issue with Kaveri is resolved.
There are people here who claims we don't need outside help and Kaveri only needs certification. It was a question for them.

Firstly, Kaveri has not yet been fully completed. It is in the verge of completion with test results coming good. Testing began in late 2017 itself. It will be considered flight worthy only in 2019.

Don't put words in my mouth that I said kaveri is completely ready. The issues have been resolved but there is still some fine tuning needed from extensive testing

MrPresident

Country flag
Well u did say all issues resolved and also Claimed that there is a $ 2 million dollar contract with Safran for certification...and ur source for ur claim about Kaveri test result...???

Is it same source as ur 2 million dollar certification contract??
Firstly, Kaveri has not yet been fully completed. It is in the verge of completion with test results coming good. Testing began in late 2017 itself. It will be considered flight worthy only in 2019.

Don't put words in my mouth that I said kaveri is completely ready. The issues have been resolved but there is still some fine tuning needed from extensive testing

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

MrPresident

Country flag
lol check your sources before sharing it, it gives 404 error. Big companies like SAFRAN would spend more than 2 million per DAY on R&D alone why would they come and make an agreement for 2 million dollars. Below is the link for their R&D spend in a year, which is over 1.1 Billion Euros.

https://www.safran-group.com/media/safran-2016-annual-results-20170224

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles