ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
How could I have not noticed this for days?.. By the one and only @Kuntal Biswas!

Comparing to Tejas cockpit you just need to make the pilot and ejection seat bigger. Not accurate on scale models they made.

Last edited:

Kchontha

Country flag
Why don't they incorporated a retractable one instead of protruding refueling prob still despite knowing that it increases frontal RCS of the aircraft? Are they aping the French or the European one blindly? That's correct when they say mk 1 has space constraints but that's not in the case of mk 2.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Why don't they incorporated a retractable one instead of protruding refueling prob still despite knowing that it increases frontal RCS of the aircraft? Are they aping the French or the European one blindly? That's correct when they say mk 1 has space constraints but that's not in the case of mk 2.
MK2 Will have retractable fueling probe.
Confirmed by HVT

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
F18 doesn't match air Force requirements so out of mmrca. And for navy no foreign jets untill 3rd carrier is sanctioned which is delayed leaving ample time for tedbf to develop along with 3rd carrier .
I am not so sure as you on that until I hear any updates saying otherwise.
Its not out until its out. Especially if the MMRCA and Navy deals get punched... We will have to see. I would rather not assume stuff.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I am not so sure as you on that until I hear any updates saying otherwise.
Its not out until its out. Especially if the MMRCA and Navy deals get punched... We will have to see. I would rather not assume stuff.
What's there to assume. Mmrca test have happened once already both f16 and f18 couldn't pass the preliminary round. F18 is a naval jet after all it can't match air Force requirements against rafale eurofigher .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What's there to assume. Mmrca test have happened once already both f16 and f18 couldn't pass the preliminary round.
They know that too. And it is still on offer. LM came up with F-21, I don't think Boeing just showed up unprepared.

IndianHawk

Country flag
They know that too. And it is still on offer. LM came up with F-21, I don't think Boeing just showed up unprepared.
And iaf still wants more rafale. And now our economy is in trouble.

Now I guess IAF will go running to govt and will ask to cancel the tender again given drastic economic situation and just buy us 36 more rafale with add-on clause for 36 more later at discounted price on govt to govt deal with France .

Few years later IAF will ask for those 36 add-on claiming we have invested so much into rafale already . And then few years later 36 more advanced rafale will be bought. So iaf will get its 126 rafale by 2030-35 in batches just like bipin rawat was talking about.

There were tweets about France offering 36 more rafale at just 4 billion because base infra costs and India specific costs are already paid in first deal itself. So iaf will ask govt for just 4 billion now instead of 15-20 billion if 100+ jets are bought .

For f18 both will have to be paid again .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
And iaf still wants more rafale. And now our economy is in trouble.

Now I guess IAF will go running to govt and will ask to cancel the tender again given drastic economic situation and just buy us 36 more rafale with add-on clause for 36 more later at discounted price on govt to govt deal with France .

Few years later IAF will ask for those 36 add-on claiming we have invested so much into rafale already . And then few years later 36 more advanced rafale will be bought. So iaf will get its 126 rafale by 2030-35 in batches just like bipin rawat was talking about.

There were tweets about France offering 36 more rafale at just 4 billion because base infra costs and India specific costs are already paid in first deal itself. So iaf will ask govt for just 4 billion now instead of 15-20 billion if 100+ jets are bought .

For f18 both will have to be paid again .
Considering the cash crunch of Navy and due to Corona, what your say could happen, if they wish to exploit the chance. Especially because they've already spent on Rafake infra. But THIS IS INDIA. So...

Or they could settle for F-18 with F-414 ToT (that probably is Boeing's deal-sweetner) package for both IAF and IN combined. If Boeing is boasting F-18's skyjump capability, that means it aint meant for IAC2 with CATOBAR. I think they wanna ditch oe supplement Mig-29K.

I never do favouritism. I do probability.
Which is why I could predict things as huge as cancellation of IAC2, and suppression of Caracal carbine deal way before they happened. As of now im right for both... This has a good chance of turning out like i say too.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Or they could settle for F-18 with F-414 ToT (that probably is Boeing's deal-sweetner) package for both IAF and IN combined.
There will be no hot section tech transfer which we actually want as that is lifeline for GE. At the best we will get cold section tech with manufacturing in India. We don't need cold section tech and manufacturing in India is already promised by GE if we sign the earlier deal of 99 GE for mwf/mk2.

So not much benefit from f18. Besides f18 performance over Himalays is mediocre because it's optimized for naval role. Iaf can't compromise with that capability .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
There will be no hot section tech transfer which we actually want as that is lifeline for GE. At the best we will get cold section tech with manufacturing in India. We don't need cold section tech and manufacturing in India is already promised by GE if we sign the earlier deal of 99 GE for mwf/mk2.
Maybe, let's see what future brings.

Kchontha

Country flag
Nobody will transfer any high end technology know how to you unless you achieve some breakthrough in that area. The breakthrough will be achieved only when you do rigorous r&d. Whenever you are on the verge of achieving a breakthrough they will offer you transfer of technology of a similar level technology because their well guarded high end techs will become obsolete and useless once you achieve breakthrough, this is called business; a lot of example is there, for instance when tejas is ready a lot of single engine fighters are on offer to produce in India. When you developed Kaveri they will offered you a similar engine, when you developed amca they will pitch for a similar one. Put all your effort on r&d. If indegeneous options are there go for it and if not available go for import in small number not a big one which emptied your coffers. China is importing small numbers of su35 only due to its engine and now they are rumour to import a small number of su57 only for its item 30 to do reverse engineering but in engine tech reverse engineering is not successful. Increasing r&d spending to 2p.c of GDP is a must for India.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

IndianHawk

Country flag
IAF’s fighter pilots, with several of them arguing that even a futuristic twin-engine LCA MK II will not match up to the Rafale in every domain. However, it now appears to be on a stable footing with complete government and corporate backing, and an excellent and committed team. A current LCA test pilot argues, “LCA now represents India in a big way – not just HAL anymore. LCA-bashing should get behind us, sooner than later.”

https://www.deccanherald.com/amp/op...oc-tape-819475.html?__twitter_impression=true

Cat is out of bag. Orca seems to be real now. Both tedbf and orca will go ahead it seems.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IAF’s fighter pilots, with several of them arguing that even a futuristic twin-engine LCA MK II will not match up to the Rafale in every domain. However, it now appears to be on a stable footing with complete government and corporate backing, and an excellent and committed team. A current LCA test pilot argues, “LCA now represents India in a big way – not just HAL anymore. LCA-bashing should get behind us, sooner than later.”

https://www.deccanherald.com/amp/op...oc-tape-819475.html?__twitter_impression=true

Cat is out of bag. Orca seems to be real now. Both tedbf and orca will go ahead it seems.
Good if it is true, parallel to AMCA we should develop a heavy category stealth fighter too with 130+kn twin engine.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Good if it is true, parallel to AMCA we should develop a heavy category stealth fighter too with 130+kn twin engine.
One stealth program is costly enough. Mwf , tedbf and orca are not new designs they are evolution of lca platform . Now with more budget and expertise they are taking shape .

Similarly AMCA will build stealth expertise first. And provide a platform for stealth technologies and next gen networking solutions / dron swarm / wingman control etc. Once we have that by 2030 we will move forward with evolving amca platform it could go bigger too at that time depending upon how 6th gen concepts take shape.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles