Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There were members before who said the record breaking launch of 10 satellites at one
time a few years ago did not mean India was working on MIRV technology. In the article
the scientist themselves say the satellite launch was a precurssor. The delay is ok and
will be even better if there is a suprise(10 warhead MIRV).
10 warheads of nukes with yield of 250 KT means 100kg warhead. Doubt that kind of miniaturization.W88 weighs 400kgs with a yield of up to 450 KT.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
We sure as hell can blast Madagascar now!! :rolleyes:

I also wanted Western Europe under our range, only then they will respect us.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
What happens if our adversary attack us in a very bad weather day ?? :scared1:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Postponed? WELCOME to being a defense fan, these thing surely dont revolve around your life span. They take their own sweet time, I was 17yrs old when i started following LCA tejas, countless postponements later its still not up and i am 29yrs old now! :D

mahesh

Country flag
this cancellation due to bad weather , raises a alarming question to me, what if we want to lunch this rocket in retaliation at bad weather, should we wait for weather to pass away? coz if we delay testS, dUE to weather condition, then what if the "ready to launch " rockets which are mounted with nuke, WILL THEY BE LAUNCHED IN BAD WEATHER ?

trackwhack

this cancellation due to bad weather , raises a alarming question to me, what if we want to lunch this rocket in retaliation at bad weather, should we wait for weather to pass away? coz if we delay testS, dUE to weather condition, then what if the "ready to launch " rockets which are mounted with nuke, WILL THEY BE LAUNCHED IN BAD WEATHER ?
mahesh, the missile being tested will have hundreds of devices measuring various parameters. If launched in bad weather these data points will be lost and hence the test will only be a proof of concept and not really beneficial. hence it is important that we test this when the weather is fine and we can get all the necessary data

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What happens if our adversary attack us in a very bad weather day ?? :scared1:
This does not mean the missile cant fly in bad weather, it is only because the first test should go perfectly and there are many on board monitoring devices that send telemetry data back to the station and bad weather may hamper that.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
gk at this rate your kids would follow it.
That is true saya, these things really take a heck of a lot of time. Imagine the frustration the guy who read in the 80s that India has plans to build a MBT... LMAO.. Its taken 30years.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
test is for data, if you want to shoot missile in any weather, it can take any condition with 24 mach speed.

H.A.

we should do Krishan bhajan to stop varun devata for the test.
Delay the test to Friday...its a good day for the muslims....I am sure Indian Muslims will pray for a success.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
This does not mean the missile cant fly in bad weather, it is only because the first test should go perfectly and there are many on board monitoring devices that send telemetry data back to the station and bad weather may hamper that.
Probably the operational system will be pre-targeted.

Neil

Country flag
NATO Says India Poses No Missile Threat

NATO does not consider India as a missile threat despite the country's advanced missile development program, NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Wednesday.

India is all set up to test its domestically-developed Agni-5 ballistic missile with a range of 5,000 kilometers (3,100 miles), giving it the ability to target most parts of Asia, including the northernmost parts of China, and large parts of Europe.
The three-stage solid-fuel missile will be launched from a site on Wheeler Island in the Bay of Bengal and is expected to reach its target area in southern Indian Ocean.

A successful test of the Agni-5 missile will put India in the elite club of nations having Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM), which includes the United States, Russia, China, Britain and France.
Speaking at a news conference at NATO headquarters in Brussels, Rasmussen said the Alliance does not consider India as a threat to NATO allies and territory.

NATO Says India Poses No Missile Threat | Defense | RIA Novosti

the world is really watching it closely....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles