INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Iceman2012

@WMD - I went through the article but again no talk of a september test failure.......If I have missed it, please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Why does it say "Flag: Bhutan" under the picture of Vikramaditya?
not sure bro, may be Bhutan brought the and gifted to India as its a land locked country.. or may be Bhutan registered ship.........

i even see A-50 some UK flag

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

A MiG-29KUB from INAS 303 "Black Panthers" parked at the Shore-Based Test Facility (SBTF) ski-jump in Goa. The SBTF approximates the flight deck of INS Vikramaditya on land so that Navy pilots can practices launches and traps in relatively safer conditsion before moving on to actual carrier-based ops at sea. The facility is also expected to be instrumental in the development of the HAL N-LCA (Naval Tejas).

vram

Country flag

Shown here is the INS Vikramditya (extreme left), INS Viraat in the foreground, INS Teg in the background, and INS Mumbai to the right.

Broadsword: Vikramaditya arrives!

Vikramaditya to Reach by Mid-January - The New Indian Express

Navy sources said here on Thursday that the carrier was joined at the Arabian Sea by around 10 warships from Navy's Western Fleet, led by its commander Rear Admiral Anil Chawla.
What a awesome sight. The peak fire power of the western naval command is arrayed in the Arabian sea now. The Talwar class frigates, the aircraft carriers...and I think the Delhi class destroyer and Kilo submarines too will be joining them. The strongest Naval flotilla in the Indian Ocean region and nearby seas Right now barring only the USN. The pakistani navy must be shivering in Karachi harbour.

LOL The Indian Navy knows how to enter in style :)

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...an-navys-area-of-operation/article5538226.ece

It was a sight to behold. As India's newest aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya entered the Indian Navy's area of operation in north western Arabian Sea, accompanied by three other vessels, it was rendezvoused -- in Naval parlance RVed -- with the Western Fleet that had gone all the way from Mumbai to receive it.

INS Vikramaditya, which was accompanied by INS Trikand, which is a Talwar class frigate, INS Delhi which is a Delhi class destroyer and INS Deepak, the fleet tanker, fired ceremonial guns to salute the flag of the fleet commander Rear Admiral Anand Chawla, who was leading the flotilla of the Western Fleet, that also comprised aircraft carrier INS Viraat.

The other ships besides INS Viraat which had gone to receive INS Vikramaditya included two Delhi class destroyers, three Trishul class stealth frigates, a Godavari class frigate and a couple of offshore vessels.

Last edited: