Would you want to settle down in the US?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Fair dinkum.
Identity problem? Maybe a period re-immersion into your culture will be needed when you leave.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Settle down in United States? For what? Money isn't the most important thing in life. Accumulated wealth means nothing when you die.
So, no thanks, neither am I qualified to nor do I desire to settle. But visit, why not!

Blackwater

i have heard medical insurance itself cost 800$$$ per month:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::confused::confused:

pmaitra

Settle down in United States? For what? Money isn't the most important thing in life. Accumulated wealth means nothing when you die.
So, no thanks, neither am I qualified to nor do I desire to settle. But visit, why not!
America isn't about accumulated wealth. It's about having fun over borrowed money.

With the way things are, you save, and when you retire, your money is worthless; and if you don't, you are at the same spot because you ain't got no savings, but hey, you got to have all the fun.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^The point is not to permanently settle down in the US. That would render you a company man with a middle class lifestyle at best and steeped in debt for the rest of your life.

The point is to work your ass off for 5 years and take the money back to India and live like a king-maids, drivers, debt free houses et al. ;)

pmaitra

^^

It is correct if things remain as they are.

With free flow of goods and services, in an open market global economy, the salaries, costs, etc., of participating economies will approach each other; in this case, India and the US. So, if one makes money in the US for 5 years, and then goes back, he will live like a king only for the next 10 years, and then, he is back to square one, having to work to support himself, because, while his lifestyle hasn't changed, other's lifestyles have caught up.

pmaitra

I must admit, my list would be almost the exact opposite. We Indians are "people of color" - we are best advised to stay as far away from rednecks as possible.
I have redneck friends as well. I have been living side by side with the Carolinians, of diverse stock, for a while now. I am happy.

Regardless of incidents like the Gurdwara attack, how likely am I to be killed by a KKK-affiliate, and how likely am I to be killed by a Pakistani terrorist? Think about it. We Indians, today, face the greatest threat from those of our very own kind.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^

It is correct if things remain as they are.

With free flow of goods and services, in an open market global economy, the salaries, costs, etc., of participating economies will approach each other; in this case, India and the US. So, if one makes money in the US for 5 years, and then goes back, he will live like a king only for the next 10 years, and then, he is back to square one, having to work to support himself, because, while his lifestyle hasn't changed, other's lifestyles have caught up.

Then work for 10 years and then move back. Even if you just invest the money you made overseas at 9% in an FD or buy an apartment and rent it out, you will be safe and can live off the interest/rent. You won't have to work for the next 20 years.....just do whatever you enjoy, pick up a hobby, join the gym, spend time in social work...whatever. :)

The thought of retiring at 30 or 35 is just too tempting. :D

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Mississippi

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional

W.G.Ewald

Professional
How about I cannot wait to get out of this cesspool of lies, deceit, intolerance, racism, elitism, and worse of all the stupidity of a literate general populace who get taken for a solid ride by their government. The American population must be the most clueless set of literate people in the world. My landlord needs a calculator to add 5 and 10 and this is a trait that can be used to generalize the average american.
I think your real name is Asok.

Asok (Dilbert) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

average american

But sex of the individual matters. Unless you have a convincing explanation for no wimmen President! :pft:
Nothing like India which is considered the fourth worse place in the world for women. I would not be surprised if Hillary is not elected in 2012.

average american

How about I cannot wait to get out of this cesspool of lies, deceit, intolerance, racism, elitism, and worse of all the stupidity of a literate general populace who get taken for a solid ride by their government. The American population must be the most clueless set of literate people in the world. My landlord needs a calculator to add 5 and 10 and this is a trait that can be used to generalize the average american.
I allways find it interesting when Indians regard Americans as stupid when the average IQ in India is 82 and America it is 98.
IQ by Country | EUTimes.net

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I allways find it interesting when Indians regard Americans as stupid when the average IQ in India is 82 and America it is 98.
IQ by Country | EUTimes.net
Considering America's literacy rate of 95%+ compared to India's 74%, even an IQ of 82 is a great achievement! It means that even the illiterate farmers of the Indian countryside have more common sense compared to average Americans, who consider themselves to be the pinnacle of human evolution!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles