World Military/Paramilitary/Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
That was Wagner group no where we saw SOF vs SOF going head on they kept their distance, i am excluding Azerbaijan and Armenia war as i dont know much about it
There was Russian SOF in country as well. Plenty on the internet on that as well. Both from GRU and the new SOF formation as well. Even zazlon was there.

Lastly SOF v SOF is not always 2 units in a direct firefight with each other. It belies SOF warfare.

SGOperative

Country flag
There was Russian SOF in country as well. Plenty on the internet on that as well. Both from GRU and the new SOF formation as well. Even zazlon was there.

Lastly SOF v SOF is not always 2 units in a direct firefight with each other. It belies SOF warfare.
Syria is complex they try not to get in each others way, peer to peer is completely different than whats happening in Syria.

rkhanna

Country flag
Syria is complex they try not to get in each others way, peer to peer is completely different than whats happening in Syria.
IMO in SOF peer to peer means when two opfors advised /imbeded SOF go against each other in maneovers of various scales.

There is a audio of US Marsoc ambushing over 300 Russian soldiers in a kill box with artillery. Not all of them were Wagner.

Suggest scrolling through SOFrep archives as well

SGOperative

Country flag
There is a audio of US Marsoc ambushing over 300 Russian soldiers in a kill box with artillery. Not all of them were Wagner.
Refering to this? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/...ican-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

What i am saying Syria is much more complex in the above example it was Wagner group + Pro Govt Forces and iirc they dint attack before Russia denied their involvement, peer to peer means a conventional war to me for ex Armenia-Azerbaijan War but it was dominated by Drones in headlines.

rkhanna

Country flag
Refering to this? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/...ican-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

What i am saying Syria is much more complex in the above example it was Wagner group + Pro Govt Forces and iirc they dint attack before Russia denied their involvement, peer to peer means a conventional war to me for ex Armenia-Azerbaijan War but it was dominated by Drones in headlines.
Yes so Peer to Peer for SOF cannot mean a conventional firefight. a SOF Peer to Peer Confrontation takes place within the spectrum of Special Operations INSIDE a Conventional war.

Other exampls are Russian / US SOF squaring off in Vietnam, AStan (80s) and LATAM and now more recently in ME and Africa

Peer to Peer balls out firefight means nothing. Superior Firepower will win always.

rkhanna

Country flag

The article you posted is limited IMO. SOFrep had alot more titbits.

Similarly JSOC deployed to Ukraine as well towards the end of the criteria annexation

SGOperative

Country flag
The article you posted is limited IMO. SOFrep had alot more titbits.

Similarly JSOC deployed to Ukraine as well towards the end of the criteria annexation
But no fight there to nor any op for JSOC there directly against Russian Forces.

SGOperative

Country flag

rkhanna

Country flag
How True is this? I doubt any news coming from news outlets
Google it. Almost every news publication on the planet is reporting it.

Why do you distrust news outlets? What/who do you trust ? Is trust needed to read and form an opinion?

SGOperative

Country flag

Why do you distrust news outlets? What/who do you trust ? Is trust needed to read and form an opinion?
Propaganda most of them have been reporting in a biased manner (ex: Ghost Of Kiev) and yes trust is needed to read and form a opinion. Even the Ukrainian Official handles have been pushing misinformation.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

All of the Big names including Indian heavyweights were singing songs about Ghost of Kiev too

Not necessarily devaluating the article quoted by you

rkhanna

Country flag
Propaganda most of them have been reporting in a biased manner (ex: Ghost Of Kiev) and yes trust is needed to read and form a opinion. Even the Ukrainian Official handles have been pushing misinformation.
So begs the question who do you trust ?

Also 1 piece of propoganda is equal to everything is lies?

All of the Big names including Indian heavyweights were singing songs about Ghost of Kiev too

Not necessarily devaluating the article quoted by you
News organisations parot what's being reported elsewhere when they can't do primary research on their own.

PS I am not taking a stand just asking

SGOperative

Country flag
So begs the question who do you trust ?

Also 1 piece of propoganda is equal to everything is lies?

News organisations parot what's being reported elsewhere when they can't do primary research on their own.

PS I am not taking a stand just asking
Anything coming from both the sides or something which has a direct piece of evidence attached instead of just a simple sentence claiming something.

rkhanna

Country flag
Anything coming from both the sides or something which has a direct piece of evidence attached instead of just a simple sentence claiming something.
Note the news article didn't claim anything. It reported what was released by the Ukranian Security Services.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles