Women In Uniform

mikhail

Country flag
One word. Intoxicating. God has been partial against us :sad:
bhai jo bhi ho but at the end of the day our women folk are also beautiful in their own way.but i do agree that God has historically discriminated against the Indian men.

mikhail

Country flag
This is a very sexist statement Sir.
Women soldiers throughout recorded history have fought courageously.
Lets not reduce their stature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sir,please don't take it otherwise but don't you think that women have got the advantage in case of a combat situation!i mean there are many guys(including me) who will definitely find it hard to shoot at a woman combatant even if we know that she is our enemy.so women in these cases will have more reaction time than us which will be vital in case of a combat situation.i know that it sounds sexist but believe me there are tons of men like me who will hesitate for a moment or two when it comes to shooting a woman adversary.so what's your take in this matter?

Decklander

This is a very sexist statement Sir.
Women soldiers throughout recorded history have fought courageously.
Lets not reduce their stature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I respect women and their fighting abilities but such kind of jokes will stay as long as we have men and women.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Raymond T. Odierno and retired Col. Ray Horoho pin three-star epaulets on the shoulders of Lt. Gen. Patricia D. Horoho, the 43rd surgeon general and commanding general of the U.S. Army Medical Command, at a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va., Dec. 7, 2011. Horoho is the first nurse and first woman to be nominated for the position and confirmed by Congress.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2

Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Raymond T. Odierno and retired Col. Ray Horoho pin three-star epaulets on the shoulders of Lt. Gen. Patricia D. Horoho, the 43rd surgeon general and commanding general of the U.S. Army Medical Command, at a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va., Dec. 7, 2011. Horoho is the first nurse and first woman to be nominated for the position and confirmed by Congress.
If I am not mistaken, she is the first Surgeon-General who is not a Medical Doctor.

Patricia Horoho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1994, Horoho was the head nurse of the emergency room at Womack Army Medical Center. She treated the wounded in the aftermath of the Green Ramp disaster.[1]
Green Ramp disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Green Ramp" is the large north-south parking ramp at the west end of Pope AFB's east-west runway, used by the U.S. Army and Air Force to stage joint operations. Several buildings sit along its western edge, including Building 900, the building housing the Air Force operations group. A pax shed (a large open-bay building) sat next to Building 900, which the Army used to prepare troops for parachute drops. A large grassy area, where troops could stage before drops, lay between the two buildings. Behind the area, several concrete mock-ups of the backs of Air Force cargo aircraft had been constructed, where troops could rehearse their drop procedures.

On the day of the accident, about 500 paratroopers from Fort Bragg were in the pax shed, the concrete mock-ups or resting in the grassy area. While the jumpers prepared to board several C-130s and C-141 aircraft parked on Green Ramp, the sky was filled with Air Force F-16, A-10 and C-130 aircraft conducting Air Force training..
By the time the C-130 landed, the F-16 had hit Green Ramp heading west. The aircraft struck the ground in an empty parking place between two Air Force C-130s with crews on board preparing the aircraft for departure. When the F-16 hit the ground, its momentum carried the wreckage westward through the right wing of a C-141 (AF Ser. No. 66-0173 of the 438th Airlift Wing, McGuire Air Force Base, New Jersey) parked on the ramp. The C-141 crew was also preparing the aircraft for joint Army-Air Force operations, however, no Army troops besides the jumpmaster team had yet boarded the plane. The wreckage of the F-16 punctured the fuel tanks in the C-141's right wing, causing a large fireball which combined with the F-16 wreckage and continued on a path taking it between Building 900 and the Pax Shed, directly into the area where the mass of Army paratroopers were sitting and standing. Twenty-three men died and over 80 were injured; one severely burned paratrooper died later on 3 January 1995.

Paratroopers at the scene pulled troopers from the flames and the exploding 20mm F-16 ammunition. Military and civilian vehicles were commandeered to ferry the injured to Womack Army Medical Center before first responder vehicles arrived. Also, vehicles and medics from the Army "Delta Force" which is adjacent to Green ramp, arrived early and provided assistance..

Articles