Women In Uniform

Sailor

Women in the Armed Forces

When political correctness and equal opportunity madness laws took hold in the West, the US was forced to accept women in all branches of the armed forces.
As they can't get enough to join at any time, they now wouldn't be able to do without them.
But as you can see in this pic, dames are still dames whatever they are doing and that includes flying a C-17 in a combat zone.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I like those C-17s ! :D
(What did you expect)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Expect about what? You want to tell us?
Uh...don't think you got the joke...
What I wanted to imply was... that if this wasn't in the military section, I would have praised something else(or rather someone else)...but right now, my paradigm is "Military Aviation", thats why I was admiring the beauty of those C-17s.

Sailor

Uh...don't think you got the joke...
What I wanted to imply was... that if this wasn't in the military section, I would have praised something else(or rather someone else)...but right now, my paradigm is "Military Aviation", thats why I was admiring the beauty of those C-17s.
I guess your paradigm means that you admire this aircraft and refer to the set of practices that define a scientific discipline during this particular period of time.
It is then fair to say that your aviation paradigm in say 1940 would have been a Spitfire.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Hell no ! A Bf 109 would have been that.

Sailor

Pity they got blasted out of the skies by a variety of aircraft ranging from the Spitfire, Hurricane, Typhoon, Thunderbolt, Lightning, Mosquito and Mustang then.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Pity they got blasted out of the skies by a variety of aircraft ranging from the Spitfire, Hurricane, Typhoon, Thunderbolt, Lightning, Mosquito and Mustang then.
I would have mentioned the P-51 Mustang, if you hadn't specified 1940.
In 1940, the Messershmits ruled the skies till 12th August, after which the German Adlerangriff ("Eagle Attack"), was screwed up by the Hawker hurricanes and the spitfires.

The mustangs and the mosquitos came much later.

Sailor

In fact the Mosquitoes were around then but were kept back from mixing it with with single seat types.
The Mustang indeed came later.
A great time for aviation. Never to be repeated.
Today the manned fighter is being phased out in favour of un manned drones, controlled from some building in LA..

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
In fact the Mosquitoes were around then but were kept back from mixing it with with single seat types.
The Mustang indeed came later.
A great time for aviation. Never to be repeated.
Today the manned fighter is being phased out in favour of un manned drones, controlled from some building in LA..
Thats the way it is.
Those massive formations of hundreds were gone with induction of the jet engine. The Jet age is quite boring if you ask me... no dogfights... no bomber hunting...all missiles.

And now it would be completely automated...more like combat flight simulators... :(

P.S. The first operational flight of the Mosquito was in September 1941.

shiv

not to be a spoil sport but isint this supposed to be in "military multimedia"?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Sailor is new to the forum, please keep that in mind.
And yes, it should be in the Military Multimedia.

Pintu

C-17 Globemaster looks great, any more of the picture available.

Please continue then.

Regards

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Women in Armed Forces

MOD EDIT: Dedicated for women in armed forces

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles