Why Indian members give so much attention to China?

kickok1975

China this, China that. When you click "What's new", half of the topics here are about China. Almost every thread has comment referring to China. Be it China's internal issue, Chinese military, weapon, or China's relationship with Pakistan, US and other countries etc. It's overwhelming, even a Chinese member like me is surprised about the degree of attention China got.

India friends, I understand your frustration toward China due to our government's relentless support to Pakistan. I can also feel your interest toward China due to the fact that both countries have similar long history, population and are both raising star in world stage. Even though most of your post, comments are negative, I'm still thinking it's a positive sign that more Indian are beginning to learn China, understand her and I wish more and more Chinese member could also join this forum, pay the same amount of attention to India and understand the root cause of why they are frustrated with us. Because when things turns around, we could be the first group of people to shake hands.

Last edited:

Phenom

I agree that this forum is a bit too negative towards China, but if you want to know the reason for Indian feeling of suspicion towards China then you need to look no further than 1962.

Before '62, most Indians consider China as a friend, slogans like 'Hindi-Chini bhai bhai' even said Indians and Chinese are brothers. There was a general belief that, China is a fellow Asian country that has suffered at the hands of Europeans, just like India and thus India and China need to work together to counter the west. But then '62 happened, Indians were not just angry but they felt betrayed. People would even forgive an enemy, but they would never forgive a friend who betrayed them.

Zhou En Lai said the '62 war was aimed at teaching India a lesson and India did learn its lesson. The lesson was never trust the Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China this, China that. When you click "What's new", half of the topics here are about China. Almost every thread has comment referring to China. Be it China's internal issue, Chinese military, weapon, or China's relationship with Pakistan, US and other countries etc. It's overwhelming, even a Chinese member like me is surprised about the degree of attention China got.

India friends, I understand your frustration toward China due to our government's relentless support to Pakistan. I can also feel your interest toward China due to the fact that both countries have similar long history, population and are both raising star in world stage. Even though most of your post, comments are negative, I'm still thinking it's a positive sign that more Indian are beginning to learn China, understand her and I wish more and more Chinese member could also join this forum, pay the same amount of attention to India and understand the root cause of why they are frustrated with us. Because when things turns around, we could be the first group of people to shake hands.
It is China this and China that not because of frustration in its real sense.

Frustrated because there seems to be a duplicity in China's approach and double talk. In short, one does not know what China aims to do.

One can fathom what the US aims at or for that matter what Pakistan is up to, but not so China.

China speaks of Peace, but her actions are hardly anything very peaceful. We have discussed the problems that India is having vis a vis China and so I will let it pass. Take the others in the South China sea. It is a mess. One does not know what China wants. Chinese claiming everything that China's eye can lay on!

When China claims areas, the quote their history (quite a large part of it are myths and not factually supported). When others show treaties with China to support their claims, China dismisses them as 'unequal treaties' :eek:
Therefore, it show the clear intent of China to expand in an imperialist manner.

China's support to Pakistan maybe an uncomfortable situation for India, but anyone who is aware of geostrategy will understand that it is of mutual benefit to both Pakistan and China. But, what is surprising is that China, while portraying to be a country that stands on high morals, prevents the UN to declare terrorist based in Pakistan as terrorists, and then when the situation in Xinjiang becomes a real strain, declares through a Kashgar apparatchik that Pakistan is the harbour of terrorists!! And the uses it state run media, both Xinhua and Global Times to reinforce the same. Note: the Chinese Govt sits as if they are Buddha having achieved Nirvana; not a word and instead uses other means to convey the message. A trifle fraudulent, and speaking with a forked tongue, if I may say.

In a globalised world, especially amongst neighbours, there is nothing like internal matter, since what happens in any of the countries, has a strategic or political repercussions in all.

One could go on, but then it is not worth it.

I am sure China would also have grievances against India too.

debasree

Country flag
as u are the main supplier of lethal weapons to our neighbour ,without urs supply we will invade pakistan long ago.and of course for the trechary u do to us in 1962.

devgupt

Country flag

India and China have a long history of cultural contact. Hence the relations between the two was always civilizational.The mighty Himalayas ensured that these civilizations develop separately.
But the mid 20th century was the first time when borders of them touched. And for the first time the strategic picture entered the equation. it was a new thing for both of us and both of us looked at each other with awe wondering what the other would do next.
Ultimately there was suspicion and there was war. So two civilizations who have existed for thousands of years suddenly become enemies.
India has a big grouse against China- and no it is not because of 1962 war- it is because of its support to Pakistan allowing Pakistan to get away with its open policy of using terrorism as an instrument of foreign & defense policy. Chinese also have grievances against us - Dalai Lama being one.
The unfortunate thing is that we both look at each other with bias and try to find faults with each other. It is strange that two countries which are the fastest growing in the world only see defects in each other. Many Indians have a bias against China and vice versa which is kinda sad- when we both can learn a lot from each other.
And it's important that we respect each other. Because if we don't do it,there is a real threat to what happened to Europe in 20th century would repeat itself in Asia in 21st century.And yet if we can come to an understanding this will truly be an Asian century.

The future of China doesn't lies in its relations with Pakistan. The future lies in its relation with India. And its true for India too.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Indians do not talk about China without a reason, without any provocation, heck not even preemptive. Indians talk as the news pour in, as the events unfold and as China and its anti-India rogue nexuses and designs get exposed. So please change the thread title cause the thread title is your only bet in promotion which many Indians have innocently recognised by answering the way you wanted.
Please prove your point with proper references than making faulty generalizations.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
1. china is in the immediate neighbourhood, it wouldnt have made any difference to us had you been located somewhere else, in that case china would have meant no more than a brazil or a somalia to us.
2. supports pakistan militarily, with nukes, and economically, and uses it as a proxy against us.
3. north east, maoist terrorists trace their funding to china.
4. expansionist policy, with eye on indian territory.
5. tibet, it will remain of "core" interest to india.
6. 1962.

other than that Ray sir pretty much summed it up, no one for sure knows the real intention of china.

Adux

Country flag

We like to finger your fake bubble. China is a attention whore, and we are giving her just that.

aimarraul

I agree that this forum is a bit too negative towards China, but if you want to know the reason for Indian feeling of suspicion towards China then you need to look no further than 1962.

Before '62, most Indians consider China as a friend, slogans like 'Hindi-Chini bhai bhai' even said Indians and Chinese are brothers. There was a general belief that, China is a fellow Asian country that has suffered at the hands of Europeans, just like India and thus India and China need to work together to counter the west. But then '62 happened, Indians were not just angry but they felt betrayed. People would even forgive an enemy, but they would never forgive a friend who betrayed them.

Zhou En Lai said the '62 war was aimed at teaching India a lesson and India did learn its lesson. The lesson was never trust the Chinese.
please, people are tired of these cliches......no one betrayed india, china was suffering the worst famine at that time.your govt has been lying to you ,which is why they still refuse to public the profiles

"Defence minister A.K. Antony today ruled out making public the inquiry report compiled by a lieutenant general and a brigadier. "The government does not propose to make public the Henderson Brooks Inquiry Report on the Sino-Indian conflict of 1962. The report is a 'top secret' document, based on an internal study by the Indian Army, contents of which are not only extremely sensitive but are of current operational value," Antony said in a written reply in Parliament today."

"Military historians and researchers have been seeking the de-classification to analyse what went wrong for India. Former British journalist and author, Neville Maxwell, claimed he had summaries of the report. Some of that content went into his book, India's China War, in which he said India's political and military leadership were guilty of persisting with an aggressive border policy that was one of the main reasons for provoking the war."

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We like to finger your fake bubble. China is a attention whore, and we are giving her just that.
Thats it? I thought we would get a page full from you when you saw this thread!!

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Why Indian members give so much attention to China?
Well, this is a defense forum, China is a perceived threat, a neighbor militarizing..
So..2+2

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Why shouldn't they pay attention to China?

Two countries at war ought to have each other's attention.

Adux

Country flag
Thats it? I thought we would get a page full from you when you saw this thread!!
Working my ass off ;) and unlike the Chinese internet trolls, I dont get paid by the CCP for posting on the internet.

S.A.T.A

There are very few societies,perhaps India might come somewhere down the line,which is as consuious as China is,as to how the world perceives it.Even when China makes diplomatic noise about its military and economic rise being peaceful,the fanfare and brouhaha that often accompany any Chinese military,economic,technological landmarks,clearly illustrates the fact that China goes to great lengths to see the world sits up and watches,what it wants it to see.

Through all Chinese military projections,its handling of territorial disputes,what emerges is that china is keen to show that it has the military wherewithal and nobody should consider it to be a military weakling,which was cause of its historical humiliations.Chinese have a strong feeling of humiliation inflicted by the atrocities during the period Japanese occupation,this is not easily perceptible to outsiders,and we sometimes wonder why China indulges in the vigorous chest beating,when Japanese leaders pay their visit to the Yasukuni shrine,all these years after the occupation.Well the Chinese haven't forgotten and they dont want the rest of the world to imagine that the Chinese have forgotten.

kickok1975

Hey Chicom,

You are one of the most manipulated and led zombie population ever in the history of human civilization, The government lying to its population is more of a chicom thing. Bugger off.
I thought A. V. banned such language using in this forum but Adux is just keeping doing it regardless. If the rule is no longer the rule, I don't know how you want to manage the forum.

Last edited:

pmaitra

@KickOk1975,

Why is there so much attention given to PRC, you ask?

Ponder: If there is unrest in East Turkestan and you were the editor of a newspaper, would you place the unrest in East Turkestan on the first page or the production figures of rice in Guangdong province on the first page?

There is constant border violation by PRC along the Indo-PRC border. There is continued issuance of stapled visas. There is not too infrequent denials of visas to our military personnel. PRC keeps helping Pakistan with military aid. What are we going to talk about? Peru or Ghana? Obviously we need to focus on what is most relevant to us, isn't it?

Does that answer your question why there is so much attention given to PRC?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Kickok,
I don't think there is anything derogatory in Chicom=Chinese communist. It's not racist or anything.

kickok1975

To answer a question why China is unpredictable.
China is living in a state with great uncertainty and insecurity. The same feeling also applies to a lot of Chinese people. We are proud of our past but still fresh about the pains we endured in last century. We are opening to the world with cautious eyes but are lack of trust. We are a rising power but still fragile. We have biggest trade relationship with western countries but still believe the conspiracy behind the door of their containment. It's like an Indian musician star were introduced to a Pakistan stage. Her songs are popular and welcome but audience are full of hostility. She is nervous and worry about her safety and don't know what would be happen next.
That's why our policy is not clear, and unpredictable, and the reason why we and our government are very sensible.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles