USA China Cold War

flanker99

Country flag

It's interesting how they reported Su-35 for their fake intimidation tactic and not J-16 or J-20.

Beneath all their bravado, perhaps a lack of confidence in their non-imported equipment?
Another opinion su35 is more well known around the world than some jxx so more propaganda value

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
If US is going to cut the cord so to speak, why waste any further time? I think US-China trade has reached its maximum peak and China will not gain any more benefits and will seek inwards instead of relying on US for exports.
What about $615.2 billion trade in 2020 with trade deficit in China's advantage of around $310.3 billion.
PRC can't replace this. Care to revise the statement that PRC has no gain or benefits.

$310.3 billion sounds very good benefit.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I hope it happens because then US and West will turn to India and ask India to step up which India will oblige to build up its economy and manufacturing sector.
Though I like your optimism but I doubt West would make the same mistake twice.
In their greed they made PRC a potent enemy I doubt they will another country rise to the same level as PRC.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

It's interesting how they reported Su-35 for their fake intimidation tactic and not J-16 or J-20.

Beneath all their bravado, perhaps a lack of confidence in their non-imported equipment?
See here -

They are showing their J-11s loaded with Russian R-27s and R-73 missiles. Where are their super duper Choineez PL-12, PL-15, PL-9 ?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
There will be strong pressure to replace the petrodollar with something else.
Replace with what.
ME prefers dollar.
With the amount of current manipulation PRC does no one would prefer yuan. With PRC behaving like an uncivilized bully no one like them except for their lackeys.
Rubble is worthless. Except for crude oil and natural resources Russians have nothing to offer. Same goes for Iran and Venezuela.
As for Euro, out of EU it doesn't have much standing. Same goes for Yen, outside Japan no one cares.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
My 2 cents on this.
China will not take this lying down. It is a huge loss of face for China and Xi. China will retaliate through other measures. I suspect that China will support US's enemies more openly and say no to anything that US says on the international level. There will be no cooperation from China when it comes to North Korea or Iran. China will probably launch massive material support to Russia and to Serbia.
US will find it much harder to get anything done on the international stage through UN and probably would have to do it through NATO.
If I was Xi, I would publicly give massive state aid to Iran such as providing them with advanced air defense equipment such as missiles, radars, & spares. Sell them advanced jets. Buy massive quantities of oil from Iran. Allow Iran to have nuclear weapon program. Same thing with North Korea. Deny official recognition to Kosovo and support Serbia. US may have won this round but there are more rounds to fight.
My 0.786 CENTS on this.

US knows better how to fight wars and not a Shantipriya Vasudhaiv Chutukumkam Desh like us. If they start a war they know how to sustain with it's massive financial and military capabilities.

The more dangerous thing Chinese can do (other than supporting Iran et al) is to support internal strife in US itself and meddling with Prez election. This would hurt US the MOST! Last some riots in the US had Chinese imprints.

Now the way Chinese financial capabilities are dwindling a lot of factories and investment are going to other small countries. This is where US can hurt Chinese a lot ie. burst their "World Factory" bubble. China could not do anything on Nancy's airplane as they threatened to down it... they are doing "military operation" in saving face and HUMILIATION in front of the world. :rofl:

Chinese are like below game level... those who know this classic game understand. :lol:

In short... China is HUMILIATED AGAIN after Galwan's lost battle.

1659548851107.png

Sanglamorre

Country flag
What if Xi takes this retaliation to completely different track and releases Covid V2?

Seems like wiping out some portion of US population as face saver is something they'd do. They're facing some heat at home, liberals already miss the restrictions and control they had on people so seems like something that they can do.

flanker99

Country flag
What if Xi takes this retaliation to completely different track and releases Covid V2?

Seems like wiping out some portion of US population as face saver is something they'd do. They're facing some heat at home, liberals already miss the restrictions and control they had on people so seems like something that they can do.
A virus that deadly cannot be contained will reach china and rest of of the world ...

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
If I was Xi, I would publicly give massive state aid to Iran such as providing them with advanced air defense equipment such as missiles, radars, & spares.
Foreign relation and strategic affairs are not carried high on emotion or rage.
How giving massive state aid to Iran help PRC or hurt US. It will only annoy Israel. US won't care on the contrary US will smuggle such system from Iran to run analysis.
Sell them advanced jets.
How will Iran pay for that?
Buy massive quantities of oil from Iran.
PRC is already buying massive quantities of oil at dirt cheap rate next door to its refineries.
Buying oil from Iran, will be expensive. (Transportation is a major cost)
Iran's petrochemical inductor is in perils, it will first need massive upgrade and upkeep. Who will pay for it and who will provide necessary technology.
Allow Iran to have nuclear weapon program. Same thing with North Korea.
How will PRC allow or deny it? PRC doesn't have necessary technology to aid Iran. Most of Iranian system are based on German technology.
Deny official recognition to Kosovo and support Serbia.
As if US cares. It won't even be annoying to US.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
A virus that deadly cannot be contained will reach china and rest of of the world ...
Yes, and will give Xi more power at home and weaken the world at large. It doesn't matter as long as Xi and CCP survives.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Seems like wiping out some portion of US population as face saver is something they'd do. They're facing some heat at home, liberals alreay miss the restrictions and control they had on people so seems like something that they can do.
Given how COVID V1 has come back to bite chinese in the ass and their own vaccine has miserably failed ( just like their junk weapons) and now they are destroying their already debt born economy with massive repeated lockdowns I don't think they will dare release any more COVID.

IndianHawk

Country flag
No need to start public drama cut a deal with taiwan govt for IRBM tech in exchange of advanced semiconductor tech...hit the chongs where it hurts..they have been supplying our enemies for too long and we have done zilch
We have started supplying brahmos to Philippines . Indonesia is next in line and then Vietnam may get akash.

We will arm all chinese rivals. But Taiwan is doing fine with American gear for now.

Blademaster

Foreign relation and strategic affairs are not carried high on emotion or rage.
How giving massive state aid to Iran help PRC or hurt US. It will only annoy Israel. US won't care on the contrary US will smuggle such system from Iran to run analysis.

How will Iran pay for that?

PRC is already buying massive quantities of oil at dirt cheap rate next door to its refineries.
Buying oil from Iran, will be expensive. (Transportation is a major cost)
Iran's petrochemical inductor is in perils, it will first need massive upgrade and upkeep. Who will pay for it and who will provide necessary technology.

How will PRC allow or deny it? PRC doesn't have necessary technology to aid Iran. Most of Iranian system are based on German technology.

As if US cares. It won't even be annoying to US.
Sometimes foreign relations and strategic affairs are carried high on emotion. After all why did CCP go through all that trouble to threaten US only to back down?

I am sure the Chinese companies will oblige to help out Iran. Iran can pay for the weapons with oil barter or something. Iran is desperately seeking to upgrade its military to counter Israel.

Iran will happily turn away from German technology to other technology if it means breaking the dependence on western technology and free from western constraints.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles