US - Iran Conflict 2020

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As i had previously posted here before today's 'attack', this is all staged coordinated drama for Iran to walk away with head held high. It looks like all the Iranians managed to do was drop some missiles into fields, kill some inexpensive iraqis and brought down a civilian aircraft while at it. :facepalm:

Instead of all this nonsense, they should have simply done a nuke test. That would have been a stronger and longer lasting response.
I would have loved a nuke test, simply to troll Vipin Narang.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As i had previously posted here before today's 'attack', this is all staged coordinated drama for Iran to walk away with head held high. It looks like all the Iranians managed to do was drop some missiles into fields, kill some inexpensive iraqis and brought down a civilian aircraft while at it. :facepalm:

Instead of all this nonsense, they should have simply done a nuke test. That would have been a stronger and longer lasting response.
They still do not have a finished nuke. And testing a nuke would risk Iran alienating its diplomatic backers China (which clearly does not want an additional nuclear power) and even Russia (which does not want its clout on Iran diluted).

We must remember that this situation is brought about by US and Israeli efforts to stop Iran from getting the bomb. They are exerting maximum pressure on Iran through econlmic sanctions and now military confrontation. Both the US and Israeli know that the time to act is now.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If the attacker is giving advance warning to the target, it doesn’t look like intent was to cause damage. Isn’t it?
There are several reasons being floated:

1. The moderates succeeded in moderating the response. Thus, the advance notice;
2. Iran wants the US to think that it's not really seripus on escalation only to strike harder and without notice later, or
3. Khameni overstimated his military's capability.

In any case, Iranian notice was not nevessary since practically most US sensors are now aimed at Iran.

here2where

They still do not have a finished nuke. And testing a nuke would risk Iran alienating its diplomatic backers China (which clearly does not want an additional nuclear power) and even Russia (which does not want its clout on Iran diluted).

We must remember that this situation is brought about by US and Israeli efforts to stop Iran from getting the bomb. They are exerting maximum pressure on Iran through econlmic sanctions and now military confrontation. Both the US and Israeli know that the time to act is now.
As i pointed out earlier in this thread, Iran MUST go nuclear on its own or it should come under Russia's nuclear protection formally. Else that beautiful country and civilisation is toast.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its not about liking and disliking its you churning posts after posts trying to prove US morality for its actions while blaming everyone else for being wrong or outright terrorists.
For ex :
US never OFFICIALY apologized for shooting iranian civilian plane ,
But you shared a incorrect article trying to prove it did , when it didn't?
Rather you tried to give a clean chit, how things happen in fog of war.
Okay. I showed you Washington Post and New York Times archival articles on the apology of Reagan for downing Iran Air 655, offer for reparations and payment of reparations.

Now show me your sources that Reagan did not apologize for thst tragedy and that the US did not pay reparations to the victims' families?

And do not tell me that WaPo and NYT articles do no matter because they are American newspapers. These are 2 of the true media companies in the World. Ypu just need to google the Pentagon Papers and Watergate scandal.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Iran has played it's card.....it won't escalate above this line....neither USA or Iran wants to cross lines.....this drama will continue for 2weeks n muricans will go back n have nice beer n Iranian will b busy with their propaganda how they defeated super power......nothing more nothing less than this.

here2where

And do not tell me that WaPo and NYT articles do no matter because they are American newspapers. These are 2 of the true media companies in the World.
Are you referring to the same WashPo that changed the headline on its Al-Baghdadi obituary from “Islamic State’s terrorist-in-Chief” to “austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State” ?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As i pointed out earlier in this thread, Iran MUST go nuclear on its own or it should come under Russia's nuclear protection formally. Else that beautiful country and civilisation is toast.
Russia will not grant nuke umbrella to Iran where it does not even have a military base. It did not even grank a nuke umbrella to Syria where it has a strategic naval base.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Are you referring to the same WashPo that changed the headline on its Al-Baghdadi obituary from “Islamic State’s terrorist-in-Chief” to “austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State” ?
I don't see anything wrong if that happened. NYT and then WaPo exposed US government lies about its role in Vietnam from Eisenhower, to Kennedy, to Johnson, to Nixon in whst would bevome known as the Pentagon Papers. WaPo on the other hand brought down Nixon in publishing Watergste break-in.

WaPo and NYT have the distinction of being always desparaged by anti-media (except for Murdoch media) and anti-democratic Trump.

That's some of their impressive credentials.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Iran's strikes seem intended to avoid US deaths. Here's why that might be the case

It is perhaps the most brazen attack Iran has launched against the United States in four decades of simmering covert and overt conflict.

The timing. The target. The threats of heavy retaliation already "locked and loaded," as President Trump would have had it.

Yet Wednesday morning's missile strikes against al-Asad airbase and Erbil airport -- both of which play host to US troops -- were clearly not an act designed to kill the most Americans possible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...eeast/iran-base-strikes-logic-intl/index.html

Knowitall

Iran's strikes seem intended to avoid US deaths. Here's why that might be the case

It is perhaps the most brazen attack Iran has launched against the United States in four decades of simmering covert and overt conflict.

The timing. The target. The threats of heavy retaliation already "locked and loaded," as President Trump would have had it.

Yet Wednesday morning's missile strikes against al-Asad airbase and Erbil airport -- both of which play host to US troops -- were clearly not an act designed to kill the most Americans possible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...eeast/iran-base-strikes-logic-intl/index.html
Your daily wage has been paid you can go back to sleep now.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Your daily wage has been paid you can go back to sleep now.
Daily wage? I can hire you as a driver if you like. I can even give you a lot if you work for me in Mindanao as my errand boy (but you have to build your own house).

Seriously, what's wrong with you boy?

here2where

..WaPo and NYT have the distinction of being always desparaged by anti-media (except for Murdoch media) and anti-democratic Trump..
Amused. Did you know they also have the distinction of peddling blue pills for beta, purple-haired snowflakes and cucks while getting shilled by the cabal that smokes the strong stuff and lives in la la land.

I will stop here to avoid derailing this entertaing thread on Iranian threaterics.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Amused. Did you know they also have the distinction of peddling blue pills for beta, purple-haired snowflakes and cucks while getting shilled by the cabal that smokes the strong stuff and lives in la la land.

I will stop here to avoid derailing this entertaing thread on Iranian threaterics.
Good. I really have wasted several days in this thread in the hope of witnessing and discussing fireworks between Americans and Iranians.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Abe chutiye OFFICIAL APOLOGY ,
Show me OFFICIAL STATEMENT ,

unofficially even India-pak talk about many things and media keeps on printing any bs under freedom of chutiyapa law.

A turncoat will never see ,so, its futile to show him anything.

Your bush even boasted UN-OFFICIALLY how he will never apologise for american interests and he doesn't care about facts of what happened.
I'm done with you boy. You have nothing while you want me to prove already proven facts.

Seriously, you're derailing this thread. No wonder your previous account was deleted.

sorcerer

Country flag
Iran has played it's card.....it won't escalate above this line....neither USA or Iran wants to cross lines.....this drama will continue for 2weeks n muricans will go back n have nice beer n Iranian will b busy with their propaganda how they defeated super power......nothing more nothing less than this.
Thats exactly what may happen.
Iran has already said they have CONCLUDED the war!
well!! so we know who snitched on Soleimani on his political ambitions..
Recently, hes been very outspoken with his tweets and public appearances...a few in Iran wont like it, a spy of his caliber coming into active politics with all dirt on other politicians!.

sorcerer

Country flag
India deploys warship in Gulf following spiralling tension between US, Iran

NEW DELHI : The Indian Navy has deployed warships in the Gulf region to ensure security of India's sea-borne trade and effectively respond to any emergent situation in the wake of fast escalating tension between the US and Iran, officials said on Wednesday.

Iran launched missile strikes against two American military bases in Iraq on Wednesday in retaliation to the killing of its top commander General Qassem Soleimani by the US in a drone strike.

The Indian Navy said warships and aircraft were deployed to establish presence, provide a sense of reassurance to the Indian merchant men, monitor the ongoing situation and respond to any emergent crises.

"Indian Navy continues to monitor the situation in the Gulf region and is maintaining presence in the region to ensure security of our sea-borne trade and the safety of Indian Flag Merchant Vessels transiting through the region," it said in a statement.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india...g-tension-between-us-iran-11578495423393.html

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Okay. I showed you Washington Post and New York Times archival articles on the apology of Reagan for downing Iran Air 655, offer for reparations and payment of reparations.

Now show me your sources that Reagan did not apologize for thst tragedy and that the US did not pay reparations to the victims' families?

And do not tell me that WaPo and NYT articles do no matter because they are American newspapers. These are 2 of the true media companies in the World. Ypu just need to google the Pentagon Papers and Watergate scandal.
You are a phillipino cheering for white american, the same people who colonised you.
Are you right in the head or what?

here2where

Mods should rename this thead to read 'US-Iran teeny tiny mock war 2020'.

Every one achieved their goals.

Trump:
- bragging rights of having done what NO US prez had ever attempted before - kill a top ranking Iranian general.
- gets to wag a bigger dick to the red-necks and blue-collars and win the next election.
- divert attention from the little side news of the useless impeachment proceedings which no one, including the demonrats are interested in anymore.

Iran:
- increasingly looks like some shady Iranians got rid of a problematic over-sized rival
- bragging rights of having done what NO islamic country has ever done before - attack US bases with ballistic missiles. Holy camel! Its a different matter that the missiles used were rusted WWII vintage pieces.
- renewed confidence among the sheeps on their holy leader.

As Orange-utan tweeted, all is INDEED well.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles