US - Iran Conflict 2020

Knowitall

While that is true, Iran has not been a great friend to India. It neither helps us economically, strategically, or politically. Its been more a relationship of necessity.
Israel which has helped us when we needed their help most is unsafe because of Iran's threats. IMO, India's interest would be in trying to keep away from this fight. We can at most keep pakis in check in case they are used as a base by US by opening up a front on LoC.
Every relationship is a relationship of necessity Iran Israel US Russia all of them are not friends with us because they love us every single one of them needs us for their own reasons and objectives.

There are no real friend's in these global games just opportunists who are trying to get the best slice out of every situation possible.

Country flag
By letting us buy murican weapons they think that they are wrenching us away from the Russi sphere of influence all the while earning a pretty penny.
I believe MMS didn't do the utmos; muricans just took advantage of the fact that India was a relatively safe option as they didn't want to depend overtly upon Napakistan during the "invade middle east" period & to curtail the rise of China, case in point, the Indo-US nuclear deal was signed 2 years into the Iraq war & 4 years into the War in Afghanistan.
I like India’s current stance . India only lacks an industrial weapons industry something I have said for a long time . India does not need to be a lackeye
Of any power. When MMS ran to America after 26/11 it was one of the worst things I have ever seen any modern India leader do. India does not need to keep relations with nations at the expense of other nations. Especially when many nations are only in it for the money and market. India is too large to be dependent on any outside nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country flag
Every relationship is a relationship of necessity Iran Israel US Russia all of them are not friends with us because they love us every single one of them needs us for their own reasons and objectives.

There are no real friend's in this global games just opportunists who are trying to get the best slice out of every situation possible.
I really think Russia China and Iran have US trapped.
What can US do if IRan did a nuclear test. Iran is under Russian nuclear umbrella and Putin is playing trump like a fiddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haldiram

Country flag
Shias have gherao-ed US embassy in Pakistan.

One military commander killed and they are shouting murdabaad. India has lost so many commanders to American sponsored Pakistani aggression but not one Hindu dared to say Amreeka murdabaad. Everyone stands in the H1B queue like a beggar.

indiatester

Country flag

There are no real friend's in these global games just opportunists who are trying to get the best slice out of every situation possible.
It was transaction based. There was no real quid-pro-quo by Iran. They took our investments because they needed it (be it buying of oil or the Chabahar port). But they never missed an opportunity to point out Kashmir even when the sunni nations looked the other way.
Also remember that Kulbhushan was said to have been kidnapped from inside Iran.

Waanar

Country flag
Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
too improbable to imagine a career sunni-hater to jump on a 'peace' offer from saudis and go over for a 'talk'. sulaimani was drawn out or maybe he was just careless. but someone ratted him out in iraq, thats for sure.
Whenever peace talks happen, they happen between warlords of both sides, not peacenicks of both sides. The warlords are the ones causing the war. They are the ones who are invited to the mediation table.

here2where

Whenever peace talks happen, they happen between warlords of both sides, not peacenicks of both sides. The warlords are the ones causing the war. They are the ones who are invited to the mediation table.
what i implied was sulaimani would never have believed a peace offer from saudis. US would never allow saudis to extend one. hence he most probably never went for peace talks.
someone close, who must safely be in mainland US by now well under FBI protection, ratted out on sulaimani's iraq itinerary. iranian queue/love for US visas is comparable to indian one.

Haldiram

Country flag
what i implied was sulaimani would never have believed a peace offer from saudis. US would never allow saudis to extend one. hence he most probably never went for peace talks.
someone close, who must safely be in mainland US by now well under FBI protection, ratted out on sulaimani's iraq itinerary. iranian queue/love for US visas is comparable to indian one.
Peace talks is a colloquial term. They were more of ceasefire talks because both sides were bleeding. No point speculating the content of a meeting that never happened. Even enemies talk in the middle of a conflict. They called him to talk and killed him on the way. That's the underlying sticking point. It would be a different thing if he was killed in live battle. Here the invitation for the talks was a bait to assassinate him. It was out of frustration for Iran and Russia thwarting American plans to do a regime change in Syria. They are sore losers.

They've put their hands in hot water now they are asking other's to bail them out of the mess. Neither did India accept US invitation to enter Afghanistan, nor we will accept this invitation. Let them face the consequences of their actions.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Have you heard of the concept of money? they didn't "give" us weapons. They sold us the weapons, and we gave them money. That transaction is complete. We don't have to offer our servitude to them over and above the money we paid for the weapons we purchased. If they feel they don't want to sell us any overpriced weapons in the future, that would be a welcome move as well. Ain't nobody doing a favor by selling us anything.

What they can't get away with is assuming India's servitude in any war that they unilaterally start. This is not the 1930's when a whiteboi can put chains on our neck and take us to fight their wars in foreign lands. The chains have gone but the slave mindset has not gone.
Sir what will we do if they stop the spare parts of aircraft engines for tejas?
I have no problem with needling USA if they needle us on Pakistan solution.
And to point you, I have never heard about another engine?

Haldiram

Country flag
Sir what will we do if they stop the spare parts of aircraft engines for tejas?
Ye sawal engine khareed te wakt puchna chahiea na? :D

This question will haunt India every time we think of a war with American ally, Pakistan. Har baar yahi bol ke war cancel karna hai fir in logon se weapons khareed ne ka kya fayda hai.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Ye sawal engine khareed te wakt puchna chahiea na? :D

This question will haunt India every time we think of a war with American ally, Pakistan. Har baar yahi bol ke war cancel karna hai fir in logon se weapons khareed ne ka kya fayda hai.
That's why I am for indigenous weapons even if they are performing sixty percent of the performance.
People don't listen here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles