US congress gives waiver to India from sanctions ; India can now buy S 400

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Pompeo received by Sushma Swaraj at the airport. But the frikkin Pakis started off on the wrong foot by sending a junior official to receive him at the airport!! And that must've pissed him off! :cowboy:

Jackd

Well, if you look at it, they were meant to be in Pak for a brief period of time and nothing of landmark importance was on the agenda. What is the point of sending big league ministers for a brief visit and that too where your country is being criticised?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Well, if you look at it, they were meant to be in Pak for a brief period of time and nothing of landmark importance was on the agenda. What is the point of sending big league ministers for a brief visit and that too where your country is being criticised?
Why are you playing devil's advocate for Pakistan?

The actual point is for the watchers who watch the signalling to understand the relationships.

You, on the other hand, are making the assertion using hindsight as It was already known that Pakistan will get nothing out of this visit thus they deliberately notched it down.

Jackd

Why are you playing devil's advocate for Pakistan?

The actual point is for the watchers who watch the signalling to understand the relationships.

You, on the other hand, are making the assertion using hindsight as It was already known that Pakistan will get nothing out of this visit thus they deliberately notched it down.
Hahaha. Do you even know the topics that will be discussed in a meeting like this are already decided and there are no 'Suprise! We were just kidding and you will get your $300 mil' moments in diplomacy. It's plainly visible to everyone that this visit was just for courtesy's sake and not to make big announcements.

sorcerer

Country flag
Pompeo received by Sushma Swaraj at the airport. But the frikkin Pakis started off on the wrong foot by sending a junior official to receive him at the airport!! And that must've pissed him off! :cowboy:

STOOOOPID PAKIS!!!!
:D
they are sooo stupid, them pakis.

On one hand they want to get some funds from IMF where USA is one prime agent, by this month end + Need the help of USA to negotiate things with India + would need USA on many diplomatic fronts to back pakis.

and

here them pakis are damaging the diplomatic relations Big time with USA by gestures and posturing which pakis cannot afford.

The pakis should have extended the protocol and earned some respect for the new paki administration and make it look like they are serious with their actions.(Atleast diplomatically)

hit&run

Mod
Hahaha. Do you even know the topics that will be discussed in a meeting like this are already decided and there are no 'Suprise! We were just kidding and you will get your $300 mil' moments in diplomacy. It's plainly visible to everyone that this visit was just for courtesy's sake and not to make big announcements.
Then there is no need to physically visit, all deals can be signed and dispatched online.

The agendas are set but the outcomes are not.

Like I said its all about understanding the signalling. You can make commentary in the hindsight and call it predictable, others will not pass the judgement but wait.

Have you ever heard the word 'Diplomatic Coup'?

BTW what was that Hahaha?

Jackd

Then there is no need to physically visit, all deals can be signed and dispatched online.

The agendas are set but the outcomes are not.

Like I said its all about understanding the signalling. You can make commentary in the hindsight and call it predictable, others will not pass the judgement but wait.

Have you ever heard the word 'Diplomatic Coup'?

BTW what was that Hahaha?
I was laughing at your naivety. It seems to me that you have already formed your own opinion about this situation, which is - 'Pakistan is acting all high and mighty and when they will grovel in front of the IMF, nobody will help them.' and this is the only conclusion/message that you want people to receive from this scenario. Your first statement just goes on to show how uninformed you are about diplomatic protocols. No matter how small the country, you have to extend some courtesy to them

USA wanted India to sign COMCASA and this was in the news months ago, whereas there was nothing on the agenda with respect to Pakistan. This just shows that nothing radical was planned for the Pakistan visit and they were here to just greet the new government, as they have high stakes in this region. Even when the Americans were on their way to Pakistan, they indicated that nothing special was on the agenda and they are looking forward to 2+2 talks with India.

Also, when you talk about 'Diplomatic Coup', it is used in a very different sense. For eg, India is negotiating for access to a port in Indonesia, everybody knows that India is pursuing it and Indonesia is very reluctant. If India manages to pull this off, then this is called a diplomatic coup. I think you have only heard the word but you don't know the meaning.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod
I was laughing at your naivety. It seems to me that you have already formed your own opinion about this situation, which is - 'Pakistan is acting all high and mighty and when they will grovel in front of the IMF, nobody will help them.' and this is the only conclusion/message that you want people to receive from this scenario. Your first statement just goes on to show how uninformed you are about diplomatic protocols. No matter how small the country, you have to extend some courtesy to them

USA wanted India to sign COMCASA and this was in the news months ago, whereas there was nothing on the agenda with respect to Pakistan. This just shows that nothing radical was planned for the Pakistan visit and they were here to just greet the new government, as they have high stakes in this region. Even when the Americans were on their way to Pakistan, they indicated that nothing special was on the agenda and they are looking forward to 2+2 talks with India.

Also, when you talk about 'Diplomatic Coup', it is used in a very different sense. For eg, India is negotiating for access to a port in Indonesia, everybody knows that India is pursuing it and Indonesia is very reluctant. If India manages to pull this off, then this is called a diplomatic coup. I think you have only heard the word but you don't know the meaning.
The only person who is forming wholesale opinions is you and your above post of no academic qualification is proof of it.

Kindly someone explains to me what this poster is trying to say.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Iran to handover Chabahar port to Indian firm for operation in a month : Iranian Minister

India and Iran have political goodwill to pursue infrastructure projects and continue energy trade overcoming challenges created by US withdrawal from the nuclear deal and subsequent sanctions, suggested Iran’s Roads & Urban Development Minister Abbas Ahmad Akhoundi who was hosted in New Delhi, coinciding with the Indo-US 2+2 Dialogue.

“I met my counterpart minister Nitin Gadkari and we discussed measures on India’s role in Chabahar Port, railway project connecting Chabahar Port with Zahedan, other railway and infrastructure projects that India is undertaking in Iran,” Akhoundi told ET following his meeting with the Indian minister.

“India and Iran have the political goodwill that will help to overcome challenges created due to decision taken by the US. Ours is not an artificial relationship but a relationship that goes back in history. The US decision has no doubt created difficulties but Delhi and Tehran are finding ways to overcome this situation,” informed Akhoundi.

That Akhoundi was hosted on the same day as that of 2+2 Dialogue can be viewed as a statement in itself after Delhi had made it clear that it will not be able to reduce Iranian oil imports. The issue figured in the 2+2 Dialogue and ET has learnt that US had hinted of waiver for Delhi. The Indian side sensitised visiting US ministers about long-standing energy ties with Iran.

“We have told the Indians consistently, as we have told every nation, that on November 4th the sanctions with respect to Iranian crude oil will be enforced, and that we will consider waivers where appropriate, but that it is our expectation that the purchases of Iranian crude oil will go to zero from every country, or sanctions will be imposed. So we’ll work with the Indians. We committed that we would do that. Many countries are in a place where they – it takes a little bit of time to unwind, and we’ll work with them, I am sure, to find an outcome that makes sense,” US Secretary of State told US media after the Dialogue as he hinted at waiver. He, however, suggested US is ready to export oil in lieu of Iranian oil.

sorcerer

Country flag
Hope that India and Iran work their way on alternate payment options and channels for it before plans are drawn for multi billion deals and services.
Many a times, we have seen that, its only during the dawn of sanctions, India and the partner nations scrambles to LOOK at alternate options for payment and settlement of dues.

Such fundamental payment channels needed to be opened and set with nations who are friendly with India and in India's diplomatic radar to counter threats of sanctions from USA and others.
This will give us more immunity and will give more freedom in taking decisions based on Indian reasons.

Its so surprising that TILL NOW, we didn't have an alternate channel for settlement with Russia, who is already under sanctions from US and West or who are time and again getting international ban for ridiculous reasons.
Such procedures for payment settlement must have been completed YESTERDAY.

Spitfire9

Country flag
How soon is S-400 being delivered? Is the US still prepared to accept that without reacting against India? I don't understand why that would not happen since US 'threw the book' at Turkey for buying S-400.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
How soon is S-400 being delivered? Is the US still prepared to accept that without reacting against India? I don't understand why that would not happen since US 'threw the book' at Turkey for buying S-400.
September october , crew is already there in Russia training.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
CAATSA is their own mess to resolve, not India's problem.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles