UK ending aid to India

Country flag
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34398449
For many years India was the biggest recipient of British aid. Not anymore britain
will be ending bilateral aid to India by the end of this year.

The official line is that India's "rapid growth and development progress in the last decade" has made British aid unnecessary, although some "technical assistance" will continue.

The focus now, says the Department for International Development (Dfid) a trifle glibly, is trade, not aid.

I visited a village in Bihar to find out more.

More billionaires than Britain

The decision to end aid is a triumph for a group of largely Conservative MPs who have been arguing for some time that giving money to India can't be justified when spending at home is being cut so dramatically.

The argument against giving aid to India certainly isn't hard to make.

Why should British taxpayers be paying for poverty relief in a country which has just sent a mission to Mars, which boasts more billionaires than Britain and itself hands out hundreds of millions of pounds a year to needy nations?

Continued in link

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Good, now we're not answerable to the British in any way. Indian investments in the UK are more than UK investments in India. They have zero leverage. So the next time BBC comes up with a Nirbhaya-styled shill piece, we can go ahead and snap their satellite link for good.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Ohhhhhhhhhh.... nooooooooooooooooooo... how will I be able to feed my kids any more? :crying:

This is not me crying, but those jholachhaps no good NGOs who have nothing better to do but hinder Indian development, crying.

Hehe... Modi's action against the NGOs has made it hard for British bootlicker NGOs to operate anymore, and here is the result. The GoI has not received any aid from UK for a long time, and when Pranab Mukherjee tried to stop it , UK begged India to let it provide aid.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
It will end british spy activities through NGO's in India.
B@stards have been snooping on us for a long time...

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Govt. has to check if they are sending their money through any illegal channels to continue their activity here !!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34398449
For many years India was the biggest recipient of British aid. Not anymore britain
will be ending bilateral aid to India by the end of this year.

The official line is that India's "rapid growth and development progress in the last decade" has made British aid unnecessary, although some "technical assistance" will continue.

The focus now, says the Department for International Development (Dfid) a trifle glibly, is trade, not aid.

I visited a village in Bihar to find out more.

More billionaires than Britain

The decision to end aid is a triumph for a group of largely Conservative MPs who have been arguing for some time that giving money to India can't be justified when spending at home is being cut so dramatically.

The argument against giving aid to India certainly isn't hard to make.

Why should British taxpayers be paying for poverty relief in a country which has just sent a mission to Mars, which boasts more billionaires than Britain and itself hands out hundreds of millions of pounds a year to needy nations?

Continued in link

brational

Country flag
Britain has become bhikhari as their economy is not growing. Britain owes trillions of pounds. Britain will carry begging bowl if they pay back the dues to India. Moreover, Britain's economy will be doomed if Indian investors withdraw money from Britain.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Before British came, India had 23% of world economy and was 2% when they left. They owe estimated 3.4 trillion pounds to India according to some figures. Even their generations together cannot pay back what was taken away during that period :tongue2:, add to that time/lives lost by Indians.

On the issue of aid money, we have already told them we don't need any.

aid? lol what aid.. they looted india for nearly 150 yrs. so even if they were giving anything, it was our own money that we were getting back.
Britain has become bhikhari as their economy is not growing. Britain owes trillions of pounds. Britain will carry begging bowl if they pay back the dues to India. Moreover, Britain's economy will be doomed if Indian investors withdraw money from Britain.

blue marlin

Good, now we're not answerable to the British in any way. Indian investments in the UK are more than UK investments in India. They have zero leverage. So the next time BBC comes up with a Nirbhaya-styled shill piece, we can go ahead and snap their satellite link for good.
what!! "snap their satellite link"
just because we gave india a few contracts to launch some of our satellites doesn't mean you have control of them.
just like to remind you that we have some of the worlds best satellite R&D facilities here as well as manufacturing. you launched los'es not hos'es. then again still a positive sign progress.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
just because we gave india a few contracts to launch some of our satellites doesn't mean you have control of them.
just like to remind you that we have some of the worlds best satellite R&D facilities here as well as manufacturing. you launched los'es not hos'es. then again still a positive sign progress.
BBC relies on the INSAT network to broadcast its television channels to India (and Nepal and Bangladesh). The Indian government has full sovereign control over who uses the INSAT network.

What I was suggesting was a ban on BBC in India the next time it comes up with its psy-ops vomit.

Right now the UK has no economic leverage over India. The UK can't preach us squat.

Illusive

Country flag
it was a joke, if we start doing that, we'll run out of business:biggrin2:, anyway now about that kohinoor........:cool3:

blue marlin

BBC relies on the INSAT network to broadcast its television channels to India (and Nepal and Bangladesh). Indian government has full sovereign control over who uses the INSAT network.
OOOOOO.... well then i suggest you get cutting straight away. you need to cut of the BBC from india so they dont see what we publish. p.s. you need to deal wlil the daily mail. guardian, mirror and possibly the telegraph, there just as bad.

blue marlin

it was a joke, if we start doing that, we'll run out of business:biggrin2:, anyway now about that kohinoor........:cool3:
ahh i dont take jokes, i see things at face value. kohinoor.... i saw something with that name in tescos, what is it again?

Blackwater

OOOOOO.... well then i suggest you get cutting straight away. you need to cut of the BBC from india so they dont see what we publish. p.s. you need to deal wlil the daily mail. guardian, mirror and possibly the telegraph, there just as bad.

you need to cut BBC from UK as well. paying 140 pounds per year TV licence fee only to keep BBC alive.

this is bloody extortion

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles