Tracking Indian Economy till general elections 2019

pmaitra

Modi's Magic Makes India's Problems Disappear

How did Modi do it this time around? By giving big banks a big gift of $32.4 billion, and having them — bank depositors to be precise -- pay for it.
Here’s how it works: the government issues bonds, which sells to banks. Then it returns the proceeds back to them to be added to their capital. That means not a single rupee is added to the government budget, already saddled with large deficits.

Here's my take:

I can draw a parallel with the United States. The United States Treasury issues government bonds and gives them to the Federal Reserve Bank. The Federal Reserve Bank, in return, gives the United States Treasury dollars.

In India, the government gave bonds to the banks and in return the banks gave rupees to the government. Now, the government used that money to give back to the banks to fix the NPAs and bad loans.

To get an understanding of government bonds, here is an excerpt:

upload_2017-10-31_23-23-55.png

Link: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/government-bond.asp

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad (and others), how much can government bonds be a liability for the government? How can this impact the sovereign credit ratings of the country?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Dude... have you driven in Kerala? Roads that are not wide to be in cities are state highways. Man, I got a headache driving there. The relief you get after you come to Tamilnadu from Kerala is worth mentioning. Yes, I have seen the statistic of more road per 1000 people, but thats because of the density of population and the fact that almost all of Kerala is so close.
Can you also explain why no major industry took root in Kerala? Apart from tourism and remittances from gulf (ok, gold loan companies). What other thing is sustaining Kerala?
To begin with Kerala has always been rich. But, its total GDP is still comparable to that of Telangana or such. Its not as if miracles are happening there and people are rushing in to settle in Kerala.
On the other hand, check Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai etc where people from all regions of India flock to for living.
Yes, I Just went to IIM Kashipur for convocation and drove to Kashipur from Delhi. One of my friend in Delhi asked me how many times do you get water in a day? We are getting one time it was earlier 2 times a day. It was a bit surprising. I replied that I live in surat for over 7 years and never on a single occasion I had a water problem when it is not available 24*7 a in my house. Never in 7 years I had a gas problem. Light goes off very few times and it is restored in few minutes. It was literally horrible to cross Delhi and go to Kashipur. It took over 2 hours to cross Delhi trafic and took 8 hours to reach 250 KM. When I drive to Amadavad from Surat about 280 KM, it takes just 5 hours to reach there. Driving on the road is really a fun. Now when these people abuse Modi and tells a lie, it simply amuse people like me.

Then my friend asked me about my city and house. I said him that I have 7 shopping complexes, Farms, High rises, 2 international schools in just 200 m from my house. There is hardly any pollution. He said that he will definitely come to my house.

The Ch**iya people say that vikas has gone mad etc. Those who has developed the habits of remaining slaves of commies are unable to digest the truth. They should come and see what modi has done for Gujarat. Look at the roads. Absolutely world class. Very low pollution. 24*7 water, Gas and electricity. Excellent public transportation system. You will see the richness across where ever you go. In some part of Gujarat, you will witness ultra rich villages having amenities which you can not have in the best of the cities in the world (Yes, Not exaggerated at all). Excellent Medical facilities. Gardens in every 200 m. I do not know how many gardens are there in my area. If I pass through one different street, I see a garden. Many many lakes and ponds are made in cities. Old lakes which were abandoned are now been revived. Many trees are planted (Though I feel much more need to be done). There are hospitals which has done 8 lakh free operations of Cataract. There are maternity hospital where if you admit laddies and if she give birth to babies, not even a single rupee shall be billed and Rs 10000 shall be give as a gift to infant girl child. Millions of people comes from across the india for their livelihood and settles here. These commies feel that BJP ruled states are stinking.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Dude... have you driven in Kerala? Roads that are not wide to be in cities are state highways. Man, I got a headache driving there. The relief you get after you come to Tamilnadu from Kerala is worth mentioning. Yes, I have seen the statistic of more road per 1000 people, but thats because of the density of population and the fact that almost all of Kerala is so close.
Can you also explain why no major industry took root in Kerala? Apart from tourism and remittances from gulf (ok, gold loan companies). What other thing is sustaining Kerala?
To begin with Kerala has always been rich. But, its total GDP is still comparable to that of Telangana or such. Its not as if miracles are happening there and people are rushing in to settle in Kerala.
On the other hand, check Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai etc where people from all regions of India flock to for living.
I used to live in Mumbai. I had coworkers who would travel every day from as far as Kalyan and Virar in fully stuffed commuter trains. I was happy to get out. There is no quality of life. If you are rich, Mumbai is great. Or else, life is a daily routine of hell. Pretty much the same thing for all metros.

I have also turned down lucrative offers in Manhattan and SFO simply because I am not prepared to spend three or four hours a day just to commute. I prefer the countryside.

Granted, each person is different. Some people like the city life. I think life in the countryside is healthier but then, I am not a city boy.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I used to live in Mumbai. I had coworkers who would travel every day from as far as Kalyan and Virar in fully stuffed commuter trains. I was happy to get out. There is no quality of life. If you are rich, Mumbai is great. Or else, life is a daily routine of hell. Pretty much the same thing for all metros.

I have also turned down lucrative offers in Manhattan and SFO simply because I am not prepared to spend three or four hours a day just to commute. I prefer the countryside.

Granted, each person is different. Some people like the city life. I think life in the countryside is healthier but then, I am not a city boy.
Settle in Surat. You will get a countryside life with top class infrastructure and amenities which shall be available at a low rate you would have never imagined.

pmaitra

Settle in Surat. You will get a countryside life with top class infrastructure and amenities which shall be available at a low rate you would have never imagined.
I am very happy living amongst the red-necks. Life is good. If at all I settle in India, I would consider Bhubaneswar as my top priority.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

How about living in this sort of ambiance and get a home in 50 lakh?

pmaitra

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Ya they are isolated places perhaps. What I posted is not more than 10 KM away from main city yest isolated and you will feel as if you live in a village.

pmaitra

Ya they are isolated places perhaps. What I posted is not more than 10 KM away from main city yest isolated and you will feel as if you live in a village.
That's what I like. Rough, rugged, and a lot of country.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic.

SELVAM

Yes, I Just went to IIM Kashipur for convocation and drove to Kashipur from Delhi. One of my friend in Delhi asked me how many times do you get water in a day? We are getting one time it was earlier 2 times a day. It was a bit surprising. I replied that I live in surat for over 7 years and never on a single occasion I had a water problem when it is not available 24*7 a in my house. Never in 7 years I had a gas problem. Light goes off very few times and it is restored in few minutes. It was literally horrible to cross Delhi and go to Kashipur. It took over 2 hours to cross Delhi trafic and took 8 hours to reach 250 KM. When I drive to Amadavad from Surat about 280 KM, it takes just 5 hours to reach there. Driving on the road is really a fun. Now when these people abuse Modi and tells a lie, it simply amuse people like me.

Then my friend asked me about my city and house. I said him that I have 7 shopping complexes, Farms, High rises, 2 international schools in just 200 m from my house. There is hardly any pollution. He said that he will definitely come to my house.

The Ch**iya people say that vikas has gone mad etc. Those who has developed the habits of remaining slaves of commies are unable to digest the truth. They should come and see what modi has done for Gujarat. Look at the roads. Absolutely world class. Very low pollution. 24*7 water, Gas and electricity. Excellent public transportation system. You will see the richness across where ever you go. In some part of Gujarat, you will witness ultra rich villages having amenities which you can not have in the best of the cities in the world (Yes, Not exaggerated at all). Excellent Medical facilities. Gardens in every 200 m. I do not know how many gardens are there in my area. If I pass through one different street, I see a garden. Many many lakes and ponds are made in cities. Old lakes which were abandoned are now been revived. Many trees are planted (Though I feel much more need to be done). There are hospitals which has done 8 lakh free operations of Cataract. There are maternity hospital where if you admit laddies and if she give birth to babies, not even a single rupee shall be billed and Rs 10000 shall be give as a gift to infant girl child. Millions of people comes from across the india for their livelihood and settles here. These commies feel that BJP ruled states are stinking.
Gujarat is always comparatively better than bimaru states. It has nothing to do with modi. If you compare all indian states, there are many states which r better than gujarat.

Kerala, Himachal Pradesh Top Social Progress Index 2017, While Bihar, Jharkhand Fare At The Bottom
http://businessworld.in/article/Ker...arkhand-Fare-At-The-Bottom/30-10-2017-129888/

In overall progress gujarat is no where near as the hype created by bhakths

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Gujarat is always comparatively better than bimaru states. It has nothing to do with modi. If you compare all indian states, there are many states which r better than gujarat.

Kerala, Himachal Pradesh Top Social Progress Index 2017, While Bihar, Jharkhand Fare At The Bottom
http://businessworld.in/article/Ker...arkhand-Fare-At-The-Bottom/30-10-2017-129888/

In overall progress gujarat is no where near as the hype created by bhakths
Do not tell this to me. I live in Gujarat and I have seen it developing since Keshu bhai came to power. I have seen Gujarat in the time of congress also. Surat was considered to be dirtiest city in congress time and became the victim of epidemic. Now it is among the cleanest cities of India. Go and tell these to people who has never visited Gujarat. Kerala is on top where highest numbers of political murders take place. Keralites just get formal education but you can not have Dhiru bhai, or Sanghvi or Ajim Premji. Keralites just study and keep on electing commies. Maximum ISIS recruitment is done from the state. Unfortunately it dioes not come in these indexes else you shall be on the bottom.

Above all the most Important thing is:

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...state-in-economic-freedom-113010900099_1.html

Average per capita income wise Surat is top city of India and A'bad has double the per capita income of India.

World bank says that Gujarat's roads are world class.

Last edited:

SELVAM

Do not tell this to me. I live in Gujarat and I have seen it developing since Keshu bhai came to power. I have seen Gujarat in the time of congress also. Surat was considered to be dirtiest city in congress time and became the victim of epidemic. Now it is among the cleanest cities of India. Go and tell these to people who has never visited Gujarat. Kerala is on top where highest numbers of political murders take place. Keralites just get formal education but you can not have Dhiru bhai, or Sanghvi or Ajim Premji. Keralites just study and keep on electing commies. Maximum ISIS recruitment is done from the state. Unfortunately it dioes not come in these indexes else you shall be on the bottom.

Above all the most Important thing is:

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...state-in-economic-freedom-113010900099_1.html

Average per capita income wise Surat is top city of India and A'bad has double the per capita income of India.

World bank says that Gujarat's roads are world class.
Dhirubhai is a cunning and corrupt bussiness man. If you r happy with 1% gujarati parsi elite(Iranians) and bussiness mans i hav nothing to say.

HDI of indian states
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_states_and_territories_by_Human_Development_Index

SELVAM

Gujarat is better than many indian states in many parameters. BUt fekus claim of Gujarat is epitome of vikas is complete bs. I can list 10 indian states which r better than Gujarat.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
How about living in this sort of ambiance and get a home in 50 lakh?

Ok, but check out this ambiance too in the vid below..... How about Fadnavis shaking a leg to take Swatch Bharat seriously? Just have a look at the entrance to Mumbai station! It's shocking! And we think we are well on the way to supah powah status!! Jeeez! We still have a trillion miles to go!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Ok, but check out this ambiance too in the vid below..... How about Fadnavis shaking a leg to take Swatch Bharat seriously? Just have a look at the entrance to Mumbai station! It's shocking! And we think we are well on the way to supah powah status!! Jeeez! We still have a trillion miles to go!

If something good is done that you can not undo that by simply posting a picture of something which is not good. This ill mentality is spreading across India just because they do not like a particular person or Human being. So an effort should be made to undermine all achievements of the country. If something good is displayed, post something bad. If you do not get than post the picture from somewhere else. I know sometime back a picture of Bombay was posted to show that Gujarat roads are broken. Attention was drawn by many people correct it was made but it was ignored. We need to develop a mentality where we can praise something which is praise worthy.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Dhirubhai is a cunning and corrupt bussiness man. If you r happy with 1% gujarati parsi elite(Iranians) and bussiness mans i hav nothing to say.

HDI of indian states
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_states_and_territories_by_Human_Development_Index
And what about your average politicians who are among the most corrupt and involved in murders and all sort of crimes? You guys keep on electing them. Big businessmen are always few and even much less than 1% anywhere in the world. The problem with your argument is that you do not have even 1 for the sake of saying. Which big company is there in Kerala? Can you name it?

SELVAM

And what about your average politicians who are among the most corrupt and involved in murders and all sort of crimes? You guys keep on electing them. Big businessmen are always few and even much less than 1% anywhere in the world. The problem with your argument is that you do not have even 1 for the sake of saying. Which big company is there in Kerala? Can you name it?

there r lot of kerala bussinessman who r worth billions. Kerala is not a industrial state. Google ìndustries in tamilnadu.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles