The Republic Day 2022.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I swear these clowns were on cocaine or some shit... they went full retard.
View attachment 134045
Not only did she say ALH for Chinook but also like many other TV commentators pronounced the P-8I as 'P-eighty-one' instead of 8I where I stands for India!! These morons need a crash course on aircraft recognition next time!!

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
So does the camera crew and Director (operations).
Ya'll Nibbiars I thought next she was going to say PM Vishwanath Pratap Singh.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Nice.
during yesterday's discourse on TV someone mentioned that Indian freedom struggle's first mutiny was in 1857 and last one was from netaji bose, i was hoping some one would correct it to say, last mutiny was by Navy folks in 1946, and this Navy Tableau is bringing this to people's attention.
========

View attachment 133195

People forget that was most powerful event that made british to turn tail and run handing over powers in India to its malleable partners.

Even less people know about the almost mutiny of Royal Indian Airforce and Royal Indian Army Service Core during this event. Unfortunately, our history and analysts give credit even to the US, but glosses over this very important factor.

These were the signs to the Brits that if they wished to get out alive, they would have to get out quick and fast.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Disappointing display.
DD shat and farted right thru.
Some tableaux were cringe.
Some ancient tanks got pulled along.
Fly past was a non event.
The mudi’s wave at the end from among his bouncers who equalled the crowd strength.
The nation lurchers along.
What's new? The lady commentator once called Priminister Narendra Singh!!!!!!

In my childhood there used to be many more regiment representations present in the event. Now the parade by military ends almost before it begun! Heck, the police units are almost more in numbers than the regiments of IA that marches through. These parades made me interested in armed forces in my nascant age.

Anyways, I know you guys are gonna throttle me. But I find the parade by Para SF in combat/camo uniform tiresome to watch every year. Whoever might have got the idea that Para SF wouldn't have dress uniforms, wasn't right. The current camo uniform is wonderfully dull as required for combat scenario. But, absoultely drab for such events.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Disappointing display.
The mudi’s wave at the end from among his bouncers who equalled the crowd strength.
Ya'll Nibbiars what you expect from a orginization which telecasted The 1981 Republic Day Parade in Black and White. And with the picture quality of the 50's.

Last edited:

kaaleshwaar

Country flag
Disappointing display.
Eternal Pessimist

here2where

Ya'll Nibbiars what you expect from a orginization which telecasted The 1981 Republic Day Parade in Black and White. And with the picture quality of the 50's.

for some strange fcuking reason i find the 1981 DD coverage better compared to this year's. i know. how is that possible! must be the fog-less dilli air and the dust-less rajpath. 2022 rajpath sucked big time, often resembling a dusty village sadak.

Hari Sud

Country flag
I found that age old (leftover of British era), those long red coated attendants (peons) still dancing around the President around his car and also when he walks to the Dias. This is a practice which needs to be discontinued. Those personal attendants need to be reassigned.

Also that meticulously kept discipline breaks down and officials begin to run around haphazardly as soon as the President alights from the car. Those officials have to be tamed And Re-assigned.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles