The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SPIEZ

Country flag
i'm thin all the way, but only belly, 44-46" can anyone help!!!
Proper diet and exercise.

Step 1: Loose oil from your food.
Step 2: Start walking.
Step 3: It took years to pile on the fat, so it's gonna take a long time to loose it. But don't loose hope.
Step 4: Avoid rice
Step 5: Eat lean BOILED/GRILLED MEAT.
Step 6: Don't forget to walk
Step 7: Keep walking daily
Step 8: Don't stop walking

SPIEZ

Country flag
I have always been pro running/jogging.

I can't sprint, but I can walk long distances and quite easily. You will find my earlier posts also have inclination towards aerobic exercises. Anaerobic is ok, but it is associated with burnout issues and muscle tear. Anaerobic are better suited for body building than weight reduction despite all the news on the internet. For example most body builders go for short reps with ultra heavy weights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I have always been pro running/jogging.

I can't sprint, but I can walk long distances and quite easily. You will find my earlier posts also have inclination towards aerobic exercises. Anaerobic is ok, but it is associated with burnout issues and muscle tear. Anaerobic are better suited for body building than weight reduction despite all the news on the internet. For example most body builders go for short reps with ultra heavy weights.
Walking consumes a lot of time and does not amp up your heart rate unless you are super obese. Running/jogging at moderate speed is sufficient if you want to stay fit, though you won't gain any upper body strength.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Walking consumes a lot of time and does not amp up your heart rate unless you are super obese. Running/jogging at moderate speed is sufficient if you want to stay fit, though you won't gain any upper body strength.
Yes! Very true as discussed many a times earlier.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Weight reduction = Cardio..

Muscle mass = Heavy Weight more strength..

Muscle shape = lesser weight more reps..

SPIEZ

Country flag
Also one more thing to note @brahmos, @Dovah etc...

While doing aerobic exercises on regular basis, your body metabolic rate increases. Hence you start eating more, without your knowledge to gain back the very few pounds that you would have lost.

So it makes even more sense to watch what you eat.

bhramos

Country flag
Proper diet and exercise.

Step 1: Loose oil from your food.
Step 2: Start walking.
Step 3: It took years to pile on the fat, so it's gonna take a long time to loose it. But don't loose hope.
Step 4: Avoid rice
Step 5: Eat lean BOILED/GRILLED MEAT.
Step 6: Don't forget to walk
Step 7: Keep walking daily
Step 8: Don't stop walking
i cant quit rice, as thats the main part in South Indians, i can cut full meat things...
will it tally!!!
rest all can be managed some how...

SPIEZ

Country flag
i cant quit rice, as thats the main part in South Indians, i can cut full meat things...
will it tally!!!
You shouldn't cut meat. EAT MEAT BOILED or GRILLED.

Try to cut rice, it is the same problem I am also facing as I am also South Indian. But yields good results, Wheat has some protein plus it will keep your stomach full

bhramos

Country flag
Also one more thing to note @brahmos, @Dovah etc...

While doing aerobic exercises on regular basis, your body metabolic rate increases. Hence you start eating more, without your knowledge to gain back the very few pounds that you would have lost.

So it makes even more sense to watch what you eat.
now i eat very less food, only dieting is loosing my good body, back in Engg days, i would eat 20 big idlies or 15+ big roties, as i was doing weight lifting at that time,... colleges shifted, countries shifted every thing, now only belly, but i can get my arms or body ready in 10 days for shape, but not my belly

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Eat healthy food, No reduction needed..

But need to more exercise >>

1. Jog 3kms everyday ( Take bath before and after Jog to cool down body temp )
2. Make a time for Home based exercises, Do it for an hour or more twice a day..
3. It will be hard for first few days, But if you give up its your loss, Continue..
4. Limit time from Computer..

will it tally!!!

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
1. Jog 3kms everyday ( Take bath before and after Jog to cool down body temp )
I usually wait for half hour or so before taking a bath after morning runs to cool body temp. naturally and avoid shower before running totally. Is it unhealthy? :confused:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its fine if you are not living in extreme humid areas..

About @bhramos, He is living in humid area so bathing is important as in humid conditions over heating / heat stroke are a concern..

I usually wait for half hour or so before taking a bath after morning runs to cool body temp. naturally and avoid shower before running totally. Is it unhealthy? :confused:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
You can lose all the fat on your belly and drop down to a 36" waist in 6-8 months if you follow the below 2 simple steps:

1. Run (either on a treadmill or outside) or cycle for 45 mins, 5 days a week. The calorie meter should show 400-450 cals expended when you're done.
2. Drop your calorie intake to around 1200-1500 kcals per day, i.e. for example: an apple or salad for breakfast, an omlettte/chicken/turkey/ham sandwich for lunch, and 2 chapatis+a small bowl of yoghurt for dinner. This is all you eat for the whole day. You WILL feel hungry, so keep a bottle of water with you all the time, and drink from it when you do.

That's it. Stick to the above diet, but remember to take multi-vitamin supplements every day.

If you have the willpower and discipline to strictly follow these 2 steps, in 6-8 months, you should be back to normal size.

bhramos

Country flag
Its fine if you are not living in extreme humid areas..

About @bhramos, He is living in humid area so bathing is important as in humid conditions over heating / heat stroke are a concern..
i'm from a very hot place, coal belt located around my area, in summer reaches 50 C plus, without a workout i can reduce 2-3kg of fat a day, but not my tummy..

Twinblade

Country flag
44- 46 inches ? That is bad. It is going to take a lot of time to lose that fat and let me assure you that there is no easy way out. I used to weigh 100 Kg+ and it takes a lot of time and energy to lose weight. Here's my advice:-

1. Cut down starch (that means rice and wheat). You are not going to lose much weight if your starch intake remains this high.
2. Up the protein. I recommend a bowl of sprouted chana or moong dal with every meal. It has very low carbs, high protein, you don't have to cook it and it fills up your belly nicely so you will eat less. Also in the morning you will poop like a king ;)
3. You need to get cardio in any form you get it. If you have a waist of 44-46", you probably can't run right now. I know I couldn't and my waist was only 36-38". You will probably hurt yourself if you try to run 3 km right away. You will need to run one mile straight before you can run two miles.
Learn to Run One Mile
Learn to Run - Beginner Training Schedule to Run Two Miles

Once you can run reasonable distances, then you should start interval training by intersperse your running with 100 m sprints every 300 meters. It works wonders for your heart, respiration and strength, although the first few times you do it you feel like killing yourself. Also, get a decent pair of running shoes, because unless you are a short guy, with a 44" waist you probably weigh a lot. Avoid running on roads, pavements or concrete. Go for a park or a dusty trail, it will be easy on your ankles and knees. Believe me, when you weight a 100 plus, every step sends shock waves up your ankles and knees. If you live in a hot area like I do, start running before sunrise.

4. Quit beer, stick to liqour. It sucks in summers but that's the way it has to be.
5. Start some basic plyometric exercises, because one of the first things that are lost with increased weight are agility and balance. Plyometric exercises are meant to boost your explosive strength and can be done easily at home. Star jumps, lateral jumps, box jumps, clapping push ups and burpees. They will help you gain back your lost athleticism and take out the 'clumsiness' that comes with increased weight. Your body weight will only work to your advantage here by adding resistance :). So after 6 months, you might or might not lose a lot of weight, but you can take plenty of people down on a wrestling mat if you do plyometrics :p
6. Quit smoking if you do, it will mess with your cardio. Also from my personal experience, only exercise keeps me away from cigarettes.
7. Get back on your weight training if you can or do basic bodyweight exercises at least. Every new fiber of muscle helps, because even when it is not in use, it consume energy all day long to survive.

The first 3-4 Kgs would come very quick, within a two to three weeks, because the liver stores some 2 Kgs of water which it releases along with stored sugar and you also lose a bit of water weight. Don't get too exited with that weight loss. It will take about an year to lose 20 Kgs without resorting to starvation, so you are probably looking at 2 years of pain and a lifetime of healthiness. Welcome to the DFI weight watchers club :)

Last edited:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Synthol injections. Its like silicon implants for men.
When Synthol Utilisation Goes Wrong! (53 pics) - Izismile.com
Yup, but the reason it can be spotted so easily is because compared to his biceps, he has tiny forearms! Since all bicep exercises involve the forearms as well, it is impossible to get massive biceps without having proportionally massive forearms!

It's a wonder how the Guinness Book people couldn't spot such a simple hoax!

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles