The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

J.A.

Militants
Tall Satan is Gud if Swedish God don't exist. Evil God of Gods the Swedish hoe want hell for atheism but today are 30-50 procents atheism so small swedish hell can't be place for every atheist. Or Abrahamic God of Israel can not send to hell every with no believer. Dark hell there The Devil lives is place for maybe 10.000 or 20.000 humans. Isn't more for every atheism.

J.A.

Militants
I know there are some atheists who just can't take the religious stupidity. And they argue. For me, it makes no difference. I am an atheist and I grab some popcorn, enjoy the debate.
Debating is my believers to. Speaking in forum is goodness.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Deja vu .I've come across the the sentences in this post some time earlier too.

Who said that a baby is anti-God?:rofl:
Just because someone does not believe in God does not make that person 'Anti anything'
LoL. I consider the opposite actually. I think babies are actually as close as you can get to a god. Their innocence, zero bad deeds, zero bad thoughts, no ill intention etc. makes them the best human beings in the world.

DEJAVU

Can you answer the same question for me?
I can only give reference of Quran Bible and Gospel about the first man as you have known that. If you have any other ideas with proofs or references plz do share.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I can only give reference of Quran Bible and Gospel about the first man as you have known that. If you have any other ideas with proofs or references plz do share.
Weaklings with weak heart believes in god and I don't blame them.
Life's hard and people need answers. When they can't find answer they seek the ultimate drug (god)....

J.A.

Militants
Swedish God is evil against me when he doesn't care about my little quest then one gang hoe blame me far away and that will hims gang friend take advantage of on me but so far not A fight I will. JR doesn't cares about racist.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Swedish God is evil against me when he doesn't care about my little quest then one gang hoe blame me far away and that will hims gang friend take advantage of on me but so far not A fight I will. JR doesn't cares about racist.
I can't understand what you're trying to say......
I guess you should improve your English writing skills.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Weaklings with weak heart believes in god and I don't blame them.
Life's hard and people need answers. When they can't find answer they seek the ultimate drug (god)....
Either weaklings or really strong headed.

Seeking answers to find out why we are here and leaving everything to find it is not a job for weakling.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Can you please tell me what the quran says about the first man? I know what the bible says. As per the bible, the first man was created by the so called creator about 60000 years ago. That means the earth was created just 7 days before that, but we have already found fossils dating millions of years back. It is already proven that Earth and Universe dates millions and billions years back. Hence, Christianity is a hoax. No more proof needed of that.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
This is the problem with the atheists. They lump everything together and lack the discerning capability between superstition and true faith.

Can't fault them though.If they had it they would not be atheists in the first place.
There is nothing "true" about your/theists' "true faith".

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I don't think there is any reason for me to stay and debate here. This "discussion" is becoming increasingly anti-intellectual thanks to theists, with everything from logical fallacies to rejection of established scientific fact. I respect the right of theists to continue believing in their imaginary deities, as it is part of free speech. As a departing message to theists I will show you this:

This is ribonucleic acid, commonly called RNA. It formed the original basis of life. Without ribonucleic acid there would no theists to peddle their religious nonsense and no atheists to retort. If you want to worship anything, worship this molecule, because without RNA there would be nothing.
Well, that's what theists do. Chose not to listen to reason, don't submit any reason and then say that Atheists can't be reasoned with.

I've read somewhere, "Arguing with a theist is like playing chess with a pigeon. Doesn't matter how well you play, in the end the pigeon will just shit on the chess board and fly away thinking it won".

pmaitra

Science demands evidence to support an explanation.
Faith accepts an explanation without evidence.

These two things are inherently antithetical.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I agree. The thread has been de-railed.

Is there sufficient scientific evidence of how the first strand of RNA was created ?
Again, just because you do not know when or how something was created doesn't mean you just invent a invisible fairytale being.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Superstition = cat crossing from right to left is bad for you

Faith = There is something , that is beyond your scientific explanation, which influences life.

Sorry for the brevity, these are so abstract concepts that I lack words to sufficiently express it over internet.
Cat crossing from right to left is bad for you. This misconception is also something that is beyond scientific explanation which influences life. Hence fits the definition of faith. Hence superstition = faith.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Science demands evidence to support an explanation.
Faith accepts an explanation without evidence.

These two things are inherently antithetical.
But that is the issue isn't it. Shouldn't human beings strive for explanations? Isn't that how we have become civilized & developed? If we wouldn't have had the lust for explanations and reason, would we have invented and discovered so many things that make our life as of today so comfortable and advanced?

What is the use of the power of critical thinking if we (humans) don't use it? Why should we accept something as it is without explanation?

pmaitra

But that is the issue isn't it. Shouldn't human beings strive for explanations? Isn't that how we have become civilized & developed? If we wouldn't have had the lust for explanations and reason, would we have invented and discovered so many things that make our life as of today so comfortable and advanced?

What is the use of the power of critical thinking if we (humans) don't use it? Why should we accept something as it is without explanation?
We cannot expect all individuals to think alike. Moreover, things that we are passionate about are things we find difficult to be objective about. There is a reason why many surgeons will not perform surgery on their own children, rather, rely on other surgeons.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Religion is one of those debates that will go on until "the end of the World as we know it." In the first place how can you prove something that does not exist? :laugh: But wherever we stand on this great debate, nobody can deny the role that religion played in bringing order to early societies (before the advent of modern Governmental institutions).
Almost all the earlier societies used fear, brutality & violence as the tools to control the mob. Take the Egyptians for example. These societies just replaced the fear of the kingdom by fear of the god and hell to have a lasting effect.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Now that is an example of extremism in atheism.
Yes, exactly. Religious extremists are busy blowing up, shooting, stabbing, beheading, raping people. Whereas Atheist extremists are busy posting science stuff online.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
We cannot expect all individuals to think alike. Moreover, things that we are passionate about are things we find difficult to be objective about. There is a reason why many surgeons will not perform surgery on their own children, rather, rely on other surgeons.
The reason if I am not wrong is that they do not want to get nervous / shaky hands during the surgery. We all know a surgeon's hand has to be steady as rock else it might cut a wrong vein. I do not yet understand how this point is relevant.

pmaitra

The reason if I am not wrong is that they do not want to get nervous / shaky hands during the surgery. We all know a surgeon's hand has to be steady as rock else it might cut a wrong vein. I do not yet understand how this point is relevant.
When we care very much about something and do not have the confidence about anything that might affect this thing we hold dear, we tend to hope that almighty will look after this thing. Similarly, a surgeon loves his child, and trusts another surgeon with the surgery, because another surgeon will not be emotional, and therefore, will not get nervous.

I think the concept of faith becomes stronger when a person's mind becomes feeble.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 930