Taliban Takeover of Afghanistan 2021: Impact on India

sorcerer

Country flag
Air India to fly over Hindu Kush on way to UK, North America | Delhi News - Times of India

NEW DELHI: The increased flying time for Air India nonstop between Delhi and UK and Delhi and North America since Afghan airspace closed on August 16 is going to reduce significantly with the airline deciding to fly over the mighty Hindu Kush range for the first time. This new routing will see Boeing 777s and 787s soaring over Tirich Mir (7,780 metres), the world’s highest peak outside the Himalaya-Karakoram range.

Now heading straight north towards Kashmir, over the Hindu Kush range and then the usual route to the west will mean less flying time for passengers and fuel saving for AI at a time when fuel prices are on fire.
“The flying time for north American nonstop flights will come down by up to 40 minutes and for the UK (London and Birmingham) by 20 minutes — almost like before the Afghan airspace closed,” said an airline source. “Our nonstops between Delhi and mainland Europe will continue to take the south Pakistan route for now as determined by our cost benefit analysis.”

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Can anyone tell me what exactly is meant by sanctioning a person ? I know about economic sanction, but how does a sanction on an individual work.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Can anyone tell me what exactly is meant by sanctioning a person ? I know about economic sanction, but how does a sanction on an individual work.
Maybe not allowing that individual to come to the US or other allied nations freezing international bank accounts, not sure though

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles