T-14 Armata

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The ChTZ is proud of the "Armata", and who is proud of ChTZ?

Akim

Professional
Country flag

pmaitra

Cannot be so obtuse. You know why this picket? At the plant, which designed the engine for "Armata", already half a year does not pay a salary. This is not an isolated case. In Ukraine this problem is much more acute. but in Kiev did not boast of a tank of the new generation.
Togliatti AvtoVAZ.
Cannot be so obtuse. AvtoVAZ is not UralWagonZavod, and Lada is not Armata.

I also see no source of your claims. Now tell me, what are the people picketing for? I want the truth, not silly Kiev regime propaganda.

pmaitra

The ChTZ is proud of the "Armata", and who is proud of ChTZ?

From last elections: Tank town symbolizes Putin's campaign
"While we work round the clock in our factories and make products that earn the state money, they roam the streets bawling for their rights," the workers declared.
Kholmanskikh, who has become the poster boy for a campaign aimed at drawing the working class vote, traveled to Moscow in late February for a giant pro-Putin rally, where he denounced "those loafers who are always grumbling."
@Akim, you are always grumbling. :nono:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Cannot be so obtuse. AvtoVAZ is not UralWagonZavod, and Lada is not Armata.

I also see no source of your claims. Now tell me, what are the people picketing for? I want the truth, not silly Kiev regime propaganda.
In Ukraine ingeneral do not talk about.I learned this with the Russian news. Not with the Central and regional Russian media. I can read in their native language. I've asked the question: why do you not live in India or Russia? I already got the answer. I know. You a cynic, like those Ukrainian immigrants from Chicago.
From last elections: Tank town symbolizes Putin's campaign

@Akim, you are always grumbling. :nono:

In Russia's 22 million people live below the poverty line. The death of French cheese and Spanish peaches!

Last edited:

pmaitra

In Ukraine ingeneral do not talk about.I learned this with the Russian news. Not with the Central and regional Russian media. I can read in their native language. I've asked the question: why do you not live in India or Russia? I already got the answer. I know. You a cynic, like those Ukrainian immigrants from Chicago.

In Russia's 22 million people live below the poverty line. The death of French cheese and Spanish peaches!
Please help me understand what part of your post counters mine?

That's right. You ain't got none. Only grumbling.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Please help me understand what part of your post counters mine?

That's right. You ain't got none. Only grumbling.
This "external cover" is reminiscent of the propaganda of the USSR. In the USSR created an external illusion. that the Soviet people live very well.
I grumble? I agree. Changing not worried about the fate of Putin or Poroshenko. I'm more worried about the fate of these people who created the "Armata".

pmaitra

I grumble? I agree.
:clap2:
Changing not worried about the fate of Putin or Poroshenko. I'm more worried about the fate of these people who created the "Armata".
You have negative thoughts about Russia.
Russia's per capita GDP is more than India.
Russia per capita GDP in PPP terms is about the same as Germany.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
:clap2:

Russia's per capita GDP is more than India.
Russia per capita GDP in PPP terms is about the same as Germany.
I advise you to consider the vast population of India.:india: Your approach and Ukrainian richer than the Indian. And the Chinese are poorer than Russian, although they have 2 economy in the world. Purchasing power is a relative thing. You all bought in the USA, and therefore go to Russia.

pmaitra

I advise you to consider the vast population of India.:india: Your approach and Ukrainian richer than the Indian. And the Chinese are poorer than Russian, although they have 2 economy in the world. Purchasing power is a relative thing. You all bought in the USA, and therefore go to Russia.
Let's get back to Armata, shall we?

sorcerer

Country flag
Tank That Sees Enemy First Almost Always Wins the Fight: T-14 Vs M-1
© Sputnik. Mikhail Voskresensky
Russia
14:21 13.09.2015(updated 17:31 13.09.2015) Get short URL
The US media has attempted to compare Russia’s new tank, the Armata T-14, with the US M-1 Abrams, which it claims is “proven, reliable and still being upgraded”. As it turns out, 'still being upgraded' means that the M-1 is effectively a work-in-progress, whereas its Russian counterpart is currently ready for the battlefield.
“The T-14 is a complete departure from previous Soviet and Russian tanks”, which “were relatively simple, extremely rugged and produced in mass quantities”, according to the article in The national Interest magazine.

Russia's next-generation Armata main battle tank, which due to be shown to the public at the 2015 Victory Day parade in Moscow, will undergo state testing in 2016
“In fact, the Armata comes in many versions as was envisioned for the US Army’s now-defunct Future Combat System program. There is a tank, infantry-fighting vehicle, a self-propelled artillery piece and a host of other variants. The most prominent of these is the T-14 main battle tank Armata variant.”

The Armata, it says, is now fitted with “a number of very advanced features that have never been implemented in an operational tank anywhere else in the world”.

First of all, it bet on “crew survivability”. In its attempt to find a reason for Russia's determination to put a premium on the safety of its troops, the media outlet concluded that it had something to do with Russia’s “declining demographics”.

To assure the crew survivability, the tank is equipped with an unmanned turret.
“The advantage is that the crew compartment is physically separated from the ammunition. Further, the tank is equipped with passive laminated armor combined with reactive armor and an active protection system. The Afghanit active protection system allegedly includes millimeter-wave radars to detect, track and intercept incoming rounds. Taken in aggregate, the Armata offers much-better crew survivability than any previous Russian or Soviet tank—assuming all of these features work.”

As for the Abrams, it is hailed as “a proven, reliable design that is still being upgraded."

While neglecting to assess the current US arsenal's ability to measure up to Russia's latest war machines, the outlet has high hopes for the future combat capabilities of the US ground forces, claiming "the forthcoming M1A3 Will be somewhat lighter and more mobile. The US Army also Plans to replace the 120mm M256 smoothbore gun with a lighter version.”

“New guided projectiles Might also enable the Abrams to hit targets as far away as 12,000m”, it adds, optimistically.

“But Russian tanks Are also equipped to fire anti-tank guided missiles via their main gun—it’s really a question of who sees the other first,” the outlet reassures.
The tank that sees the enemy first almost always wins the fight, it says, neglecting the irony of the fact that Russia is already able to produce next-generation main battle tanks.

“The Armata is a new design, and it will inevitably have teething problems as it matures. Further, there is the question of whether the T-14 can be produced in numbers—that’s very much a factor, given the state of Russia’s economy. Ultimately, it could prove to be a formidable weapon,” it concludes.

Read more: http://in.sputniknews.com/russia/20...s-armata-abrams-comparison.html#ixzz3lcYpN3pj

sorcerer

Country flag
New Russian Tanks to Be Able to Fire in ‘Silent Monitoring’ Mode
© Sputnik. Pavel Lisitsyn
Russia
11:30 13.09.2015(updated 11:48 13.09.2015) Get short URL
Oleg Kulikov, a software engineer of the developer company Signal, said that earlier versions of the stabilizer consumed too much energy and led to the tank battery dying if used with the engine turned off

© Host photo agency
Russia to Create Next Generation Unmanned Combat Module – Developer
A Russia-made new generation electromechanical arms stabilizer will allow new Russian tanks to fire from the turret in the "silent monitoring" mode, Oleg Kulikov, a software engineer of the developer company Signal, told RIA Novosti Saturday.
In the new stabilization system, a hydraulic actuator is replaced by an electrical one, according to Kulikov.

“This allows to radically — by 10-15 times — reduce the energy consumption and implement stabilizer in the so-called silent monitoring mode, when the gunner and the tank commander can rotate the turret to raise or to lower the gun and to fire without the engine working, solely on the tank battery’s energy,” the engineer stated.

According to Kulikov, earlier versions of the stabilizer consumed too much energy and led to the tank battery dying if used with the engine turned off.

The engineer said that the arms stabilizer will be used in the T-90MS tank, which is the latest export version of the T-90 tank, the main battle tank currently in service with the Russian Army.

Read more: http://in.sputniknews.com/russia/20150913/1015689962.html#ixzz3lcZFJmMN

==

So The T-90 MS production tanks in India will have it??!!!??

Vlaad

@pmaitra @sorcerer @Akim @salute

OK gentlemen, we have a full documentary.

I'm sharing it first, will watch and comment later. No subs unfortunately!

Enjoy!

Still need to see it live on RAE 2015 allegedly!

that touch screen was malfunctioning at 0:18,
are those digital devices just for advertising ???
if they are such unreliable how they gonna be useful in war situation ???
maybe in war they dont rely on such digital devices.
It may seem that he has to actually press and hold, wait for ammo to be selected/command given to be executed by tanks electronic/mechanic systems. Only ammo selection, and similar commands seem to be on monitors. Most rudimentary systems are still there imho. As for actual combat efficiency, it is a novel design anything more is speculation at this point

Last edited:

blueblood

The US media has attempted to compare Russia’s new tank, the Armata T-14, with the US M-1 Abrams, which it claims is “proven, reliable and still being upgraded”. As it turns out, 'still being upgraded' means that the M-1 is effectively a work-in-progress, whereas its Russian counterpart is currently ready for the battlefield.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles