Super Sukhoi SU30-MKI (discussion regarding upgraded systems)

spacemarine2023

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I heard each upgrade is costing 80 million dollars
Guys you can buy a brand new f35 lightening for this price or even block 70 f16
Economy of scale is required to bring the cost per plane down, Super Sukhoi should be done for all MKIs manufactured in past 15 years then this cost per upgrade will go down substantially

Sarjen

Guys, Can someone clear this…

A friend of mine who’s father working in IAF seems to tell him that Indian pilots are not allowed to touch the Sukhois and it’s the Russian pilots who are stationed in the base are using them ?!!!!

Im sure he’s misunderstood something here … but again why are the Russian pilots are based with IAF flying MKIs ?!!! Any thoughts

Satish Sharma

Country flag

A friend of mine who’s father working in IAF seems to tell him that Indian pilots are not allowed to touch the Sukhois and it’s the Russian pilots who are stationed in the base are using them ?!!!!

Im sure he’s misunderstood something here … but again why are the Russian pilots are based with IAF flying MKIs ?!!! Any thoughts
What 🤣🤣 I had heard that during development of su57 when were part of its development. indians pilots were not allowed to touch su57. They didn't allow us to go even close to it..
I think he misunderstood with this..
Anyways show him some YouTube video's

spacemarine2023

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Indian Pilots become gora like Russians when they touch The Sukhois so all Indian pilot looks like Russian and thats why other Indian Pilots dont touch the Sukhois so they can stay Indian…

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Economy of scale is required to bring the cost per plane down, Super Sukhoi should be done for all MKIs manufactured in past 15 years then this cost per upgrade will go down substantially
Cost will not go down that substantial because we are upgrading VERY MAJOR things like fly by wire, completely new EW radar RWR new ASPJ, IRST..
If we are using GaN based EW then obviously it is going to be very expensive..
More than 50 major things are being upgraded..
I think we are upgrading 84 in phase 1 and some 84- 90 aircraft in phase 2.
IAF has mentioned that it plans to upgrade 160-200 Su30MKI,
The 60-70 Su30MKI inducted between 2004-2007 will not be upgraded
Still 84 aircrafts is a big number costs could have been low but the industry is new. New supply lines are established..
Expect 20-30% reduction for second phase..
That 80 is abit less. It actually around 90million.

Last edited:

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Indian Pilots become gora like Russians when they touch The Sukhois so all Indian pilot looks like Russian and thats why other Indian Pilots dont touch the Sukhois so they can stay Indian…
Yes it's called Russian effect , effect of Russian :troll:

Hari Sud

Country flag
‘First $80 million upgrade is a guess work. Second, IAF is no fool to go for that kind of expensive upgrade. Third, it is untrustworthy people who post costs like that.

spacemarine2023

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
‘First $80 million upgrade is a guess work. Second, IAF is no fool to go for that kind of expensive upgrade. Third, it is untrustworthy people who post costs like that.
If everything is sourced from within India 80 Million USD seems to be high but they might be adding R&D cost like Americans, again only once we know the exact details one should comment. Defense reporting in India is still pretty basic level.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Is this news concrete??
Been hearing about the supposedly SUPER Sukhoi upgrade but don't see anything on ground till now.
The Bel has already received order of 115 millions dollars for 129 dhruvti dr118 digital RWR.
The brahmos integration is happening. Astra has been integrated. Software defined radios have integrated , iderby has been integrated
However the thing in which whole aircraft will be opened and reassembled with newer systems hasn't happened yet...

Reactions: SKC

Sarjen

What 🤣🤣 I had heard that during development of su57 when were part of its development. indians pilots were not allowed to touch su57. They didn't allow us to go even close to it..
I think he misunderstood with this..
Anyways show him some YouTube video's
This is specific to Su30 mki… not sure if The stealth version was ever in Indian base

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles