Sukhoi Su 30MKI

porky_kicker

Country flag
O.... sirji you have any news of that mythical brahmos hypersonic version or Russians have grown too much close to Chinese and decided to not piss Chinese anymore.
Becuase no news of it and the CEO of brahmos keep increasing years.
It will take very long time to come

Reasons are many

1. Business reasons - brahmos company will milk the brahmos missile as long as possible to get the maximum returns on the amount they already invested in it. They will make varients of it and try to sell them first.

2. Technological reasons - brahmos company is dependent on Russians for the hypersonic missile . Russians will develop theirs and deploy them and then bring out a watered down version for export , which will be given to brahmos company who will then work on it to bring it to Indian expectations.

Additionally we have brahmos NG , long range brahmos ( 800 km ) in line .

So don't wait for it .............
My estimate 6-8 years before we see it

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Reasons are many

1. Business reasons - brahmos company will milk the brahmos missile as long as possible to get the maximum returns on the amount they already invested in it. They will make varients of it and try to sell them first.

2. Technological reasons - brahmos company is dependent on Russians for the hypersonic missile . Russians will develop theirs and deploy them and then bring out a watered down version for export , which will be given to brahmos company who will then work on it to bring it to Indian expectations.

what about our own scramjet programme.......... now we have also developed our own LFRJ engine so actually we are becoming independent for our strategic programmes.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag

Reasons are many

Yes that's a problem, here we have Americans, Russians and Chinese in three horse race for hypersonic, where are we?
This is stupidity, we have the scientists and will and definitely government can spend but still waiting.
Hoping for a future to turn out the way one want in this complex world and hostile world is a joke.
And we literally always fail in future predictions for our country, it has happened since ages.
If we can have that hypersonic missile none of Islamic dogs nations would had been barking as they now.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes that's a problem, here we have Americans, Russians and Chinese in three horse race for hypersonic, where are we?
This is stupidity, we have the scientists and will and definitely government can spend but still waiting.
Hoping for a future to turn out the way one want in this complex world and hostile world is a joke.
And we literally always fail in future predictions for our country, it has happened since ages.
If we can have that hypersonic missile none of Islamic dogs nations would had been barking as they now.
well it is the job of islamists to bark u can't do anything . money is keeping them above their worthless state and contribution.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
SAP-518 integrated on Su-30MKI wing tip stations.It's an electronic counter measure podded system. Impregnable.

Extremely effective against radars & EM/RF missiles in its operating band of 5-18GHz.

These jammer's Will be replaced by DRDO DARE’s High Band Jammer (HBJ).
FB_IMG_1583762022450.jpg

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India recently ordered (range in km according to Rosoboronexport except R-37M ) R-27R1: 75 R-27ER1: 100 R-27T1: 80 R-27ET1: 80 R-73E (SVV-AE): 30 R-77 (RVV-AE): 80 India has recently tested (Sputnik report) R-74 (RVV-MD): 40 R-77-1 (RVV-SD): 110
Cool.
IAF analyzed the deficits from 27th feb 2019 and now replenishing them with new orders. Now they know what they need exactly. Plus the indigenous Astra is already a lethal one. I am sure the adversary soon will realize that it will become nearly impossible to dodge multi platform AAMs fitted into a single platform.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I-Derby ER and Astra Mk1 to replace Russian-made Vympel R-77 across entire Su-30MKI fleet

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is planning to its integration to its entire fleet of 272 Su-30MKI fleets with indigenously developed Astra Mk1 Beyond Visual range air to air missile starting from 2022 onwards and also actively considering placing orders for the upgraded Rafael Advanced Defense Systems developed I-Derby ER (extended range) beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) with range of 100km. Astra Mk1 and I-Derby ER both have a range of over 100km and both will compliment each other when integrated into Su-30MKI fleet after aging Russian-made Vympel R-77 (AA-12 ‘Adder’) AAMs are phased out of service due to lack of upgrades to the missile system over the years and poor shelf lives. In an audit report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has noted that nearly half the missiles tested either did not home in on targets during evaluations or failed ground tests because they were aging much before their shelf lives. India had procured over 2000 Vympel R-77 for its Su-30 MKIs, MiG-29s, and MiG-21 Bisons fleet but plans are in the fold to replace them entirely instead of procuring more of the same missiles since Russia has failed to rectify its faults. Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria has confirmed that Astra Mk1 is at par with AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM missiles which Pakistan Air Force (PAF) used in its failed attempts to shoot down a Sukhoi-30MKI last year and lack of firing clearance from Vympel R-77 could have contributed to this decision of arming entire Su-30MKI fleet with I-Derby ER and Astra Mk1 Medium-range air-to-air range-Missile.
https://idrw.org/i-derby-er-and-ast...-77-across-entire-su-30mki-fleet/#more-222788

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
I heard that our sukhois are been upgraded to super sukhoi. What are the upgrades exactly? Does this mean they will get AESA radars?

rone

Country flag
I heard that our sukhois are been upgraded to super sukhoi. What are the upgrades exactly? Does this mean they will get AESA radars?
False , none of su30 mki being upgrading to super su ,it was a viable proposal but IAF sitting on it for further rafale deal ,also due to some shortcomings and past operational history IAF still not willing to give most favorite bird status mki still that position conquered by m2k , but i hope between 22-24 we cab see super su upgrade deal signing

scatterStorm

Country flag
Lesson learnt, we are moving ahead. We cant solely rely on the grandeur of Su30 anymore. On that day, SU had no support by the much closer Mig or Mig cant use the support from SU because it was a scramble to fend off the invaders. They both worked independently. If the engagement lasted atleast 5 more minutes, it might have been a different story.
True, a few more SU30s could've changed the battle, as they can Netsync. The reason we took Phalcon is because half of our jets can't communicate without it, that's a big facepalm to our capabilities.

Immanuel

Country flag
Well the Bakis had 24 aircraft with us having a few MKI, Mirages and eventually Bisons joining the fray, it's fair to say we were outnumbered but everything that happened that day only demonstrated the IAF pilot's professionalism. The Bakis if anything demonstrated chicken shit tactics, firing off their loads from DMAX ranges and bugging out like their goats got raped.

IAF pilots kept a cool-headed approach, kept the enemy from coming closer while the Bisons came through dashing at supersonic speeds at low level. What Wing Co did forever etched fear in the Baki rear-ends, that timely R-73 shot even with risk unto certain death is the stuff of legends.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles