Sukhoi-30SM Flanker D

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Yes, IAF requirement were challenging and applied su37 tech and french parts into su30 and became su30mki. su27 and su35 different.
Not just French Parts but also Israeli components along with French Components and Avionics were involved. Russian, Indian, French, Israeli Avionics, Components, Weopons etc were Integrated into a base Sukhoi SU-30 and we got The SU-30 MKI.

With all of this our Sukhoi SU-30 MKI is the probably the best and most advanced version of Sukhoi SU-30 after Sukhoi SU-30 SM in Russia.
1861.jpg

Super Flanker

Banned
Su-30SM from The Russian Knights aerobatics and showcase team:
Personally for me, the Russian Knights probably has to be the most Beautiful Colour Scheme of any Aviation Aerobatics Team.

Russian Knights use White, Red and Blue in the colour scheme of their SU-30SM and SU-35s, just like the colours used in the Russian Flag.

Действительно очень здорово!

Super Flanker

Banned
SM has Russian indigenous components (except for Indian mission computers), Al-31FP engine based on Al-31FM-1 (13500kgs thrust against 12700kgs for Al-31FN), pure indigenous N011MR Bars-R radar, which is 50kg liter and has 80+ km greater range, has 101KS Atoll elements (processors and MAWs), has different (more "glass") cockpit and several major software updates.

Now all the Su-30SM are produced as Su-30SM-1 standard (further software upgrades, TKS-3 datalink and several types of PAK FA weapons).
All the earlier produced planes are getting upgraded on the field to SM-1 standard by Irkut engineering teams.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
Hold on a second! Are you trying to say that the Sukhoi SU-30 SMs which were ordered by the Russian Airforce have Indian Mission Computers Installed in them? Am I hearing this correctly?

Please Answer!

Super Flanker

Banned
how come IAF MKIs look so old school against these in concept of looks!!!!!
IAF MKIs are in no way old school but they will look old school to Many of us (including me). Why? Because of that Grey colour scheme. On the other hand, Russian SU-30s look more Modern Because of the Bluish and Black colour scheme that they have in their SU-30 SMs.

I wish IAF would have had a better colour choice for their Sukhoi SU-30 MKIs instead of that dull Grey colour scheme! I like any colour scheme of SU-30s operated by other Airforce with the exception of IAF's!
Fighter_Airplane_Sukhoi_Su-30_Airplane_Su-30SM_586119_1280x853.jpg

Narasimh

Country flag
IAF MKIs are in no way old school but they will look old school to Many of us (including me). Why? Because of that Grey colour scheme. On the other hand, Russian SU-30s look more Modern Because of the Bluish and Black colour scheme that they have in their SU-30 SMs.

I wish IAF would have had a better colour choice for their Sukhoi SU-30 MKIs instead of that dull Grey colour scheme! I like any colour scheme of SU-30s operated by other Airforce with the exception of IAF's!
View attachment 141970
Its suited to our skies, tipnis grey is very good camouflage in subcontinent skies and it also blends with tarmac quite good

Super Flanker

Banned
Its suited to our skies, tipnis grey is very good camouflage in subcontinent skies and it also blends with tarmac quite good
I know that Strategically and Tactically, it's an important Colour Scheme and that is why IAF went for it but I just shared my Personal thoughts with regards to the colour. Personally I wish that IAF would have gone with a different Colour scheme.

Something like this :-
su_30.jpg
Su-30MK2-ld.JPG

johnj

Not just French Parts but also Israeli components along with French Components and Avionics were involved. Russian, Indian, French, Israeli Avionics, Components, Weopons etc were Integrated into a base Sukhoi SU-30 and we got The SU-30 MKI.

With all of this our Sukhoi SU-30 MKI is the probably the best and most advanced version of Sukhoi SU-30 after Sukhoi SU-30 SM in Russia.View attachment 141862
Yes in a later stage. Russian and Israel relations not so great. hence russian, french and indian systems integrated into su30mki with israel add on systems. When su30mki entered IAF, IAF become 3rd air force in Asia having such a highly advanced jet.

Chinmoy

Country flag
You are right but Partially Correct here. Those SU-30 MKI which were delivered to India without any Canards and TVC engines were known as Sukhoi SU-30 MKs. In 1996 ,india had placed an order for Sukhoi SU-30 in 5 Different Batches. The 1st Batch consisted of 8 Sukhoi SU-30 MKs. 2nd Batch consisted of Sukhoi SU-30 MKI which had israeli and French systems integrated in them. After that, whichever Batch of Sukhois came all had Canards in them. So the number of SU-30s which we received without Canards are :

8+10 = 18

Therefore 18 SU-30s didn't have Canards.
---
View attachment 141843
That is what I said. When you ask about Indian contribution in Su-30SM, it's the overall design of the jet which in itself has been derived from MKI. Avionics are all Russian unlike the Israeli and French on Indian MKI. So no contribution on that part.

Super Flanker

Banned
That is what I said. When you ask about Indian contribution in Su-30SM, it's the overall design of the jet which in itself has been derived from MKI. Avionics are all Russian unlike the Israeli and French on Indian MKI. So no contribution on that part.
I was not talking about Contribution of SU-30 MKI in SU-30 SM program in that Particular reply of mine to yours. I was Talking about how many Sukhoi SU-30 MKIs india had received with Canards. You said in this post that India had initially received 50 Sukhoi SU-30s without Canards but I corrected you by saying that india had received only 18 Initial SU-30 MKIs without Canards.

johnj

I was not talking about Contribution of SU-30 MKI in SU-30 SM program in that Particular reply of mine to yours. I was Talking about how many Sukhoi SU-30 MKIs india had received with Canards. You said in this post that India had initially received 50 Sukhoi SU-30s without Canards but I corrected you by saying that india had received only 18 Initial SU-30 MKIs without Canards.
I'm having doubt about it becz canards added balance the weight of bars radar, so without N011M, its not mki. All mki having N011 and canards, its like su37 copy by irkut.

Super Flanker

Banned
I'm having doubt about it becz canards added balance the weight of bars radar, so without N011M, its not mki. All mki having N011 and canards, its like su37 copy by irkut.
We used SU-30 MK in the past, these were SU-30 without Canards delivered to the Indian Airforce. 1st 18 SU-30S delivered to India in the Past did not have Canards.
Yes in a later stage. Russian and Israel relations not so great. hence russian, french and indian systems integrated into su30mki with israel add on systems. When su30mki entered IAF, IAF become 3rd air force in Asia having such a highly advanced jet.
Agreed.

johnj

We used SU-30 MK in the past, these were SU-30 without Canards delivered to the Indian Airforce. 1st 18 SU-30S delivered to India in the Past did not have Canards.

Agreed.
Su 30mk first ones similar to chinese ones and not equipped with bars, i think it uses N001 improved one.

Super Flanker

Banned
As an admirer of "Flanker series" of aircrafts, I love the SU-30 SM and SU-35 the most.

Russian SU-30 SM are my most favourite Flankers of the SU-30 series. I would have liked the Indian SU-30 MKIs more but I was Disappointed about 1 thing about it and it is the Colour Scheme of the MKI. I don't like the Greyish Scheme at all! (Bruh)

SU-30 SM of the Russian Airforce especially with their blue colour scheme look Absolutely beautiful!

Super Flanker

Banned
A Sukhoi SU-30 SM of the Russian Airforce (RuAF) in all its Glory!

The Flanker is showing its underbelly and can be seen Carrying 4 × R-73 | 2 × Kh-31 Ashm | 2 × R-77 (Not sure if these are all training rounds or live ones) 1 of my favourite shots of the "Flanker"!

ec41z9v5lz551.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles