Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Re: New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

in this pic we can see a syrian rebel using some kind of jugaad weapon .I didn't know where to place it but seem interesting enough so posting here....

This looks like a 20mm anti-material rifle with extended barrel.

[video=youtube_share;7ft2j6J4NcY]http://youtu.be/7ft2j6J4NcY[/video]

lookieloo

@Kunal Biswas @ALBY @cobra commando and others

What are your views on the 300BLK (7.62x35) becoming the standard ammo of the future?
Too slow, but perhaps has potential in silenced weapons. Many of the customers at my store ask for the subsonic version (called "300-whisper"), but all I have right now is Remington Hog-Hammer (feral pigs are a pest in my area).

Last edited by a moderator:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Too slow, but perhaps has potential in silenced weapons. Many of the customers at my store ask for the subsonic version (called "300-whisper"), but all I have right now is Remington Hog-Hammer (feral pigs are a pest in my area).
.300 Whisper is a wildcat cartridge, a completely different round, and is not SAAMI standardized.

300 ACC Blackout comes in both Supersonic and Subsonic version. The official AAC specs state this:

Bullet weight/type​
Velocity​
Energy​
125 gr (8 g) OTM2,215 ft/s (675 m/s)1,360 ft·lbf (1,840 J)
220 gr (14 g) OTM1,010 ft/s (310 m/s)498 ft·lbf (675 J)

300 AAC BLACKOUT (300BLK)

Also, there are other grain bullets available from different manufacturers for different muzzle velocities.

[video=youtube_share;2rhug04CTQc]http://youtu.be/2rhug04CTQc[/video]

Last edited:

lookieloo

.300 Whisper is a wildcat cartridge, a completely different round, and is not SAAMI standardized.
Meh... I reports what I hears. So far as I'm concerned, any "AR round" that isn't .223/5.56 is "wildcat." I've got plenty of Creedmores, Grendels, and SPCs on the shelf that no one buys. I suppose the only people shooting them are pretty-much doing their own reloading.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Not really, making 300BLK from spent 5.56 NATO rounds was all the fad when the ammo was $11.25 upward per box. Now variety and availability have gone up, prices have come down.

Give it another year, you would be well advised to stock up on 300BLK AR-15 uppers as well as ammo. The market is going to explode.

None of the wildcat rounds provide the speed and accuracy comparable to a .223 NATO at 450 yards, at the same time provide the energy comparable to a .300 Soviet except the 300BLK Supersonic, at the same time providing the stopping power comparable to a .45 ACP at short ranges with the 300BLK Subsonic.

Hunting rounds? No Problem! Check out the 300BLK subsonic rounds with pre-cut expanding leaves.

[video=youtube_share;wdOavM-Px6Y]http://youtu.be/wdOavM-Px6Y[/video]

Check out the videos on this channel. TWANGnBANG - YouTube

Meh... I reports what I hears. So far as I'm concerned, any "AR round" that isn't .223/5.56 is "wildcat." I've got plenty of Creedmores, Grendels, and SPCs on the shelf that no one buys. I suppose the only people shooting them are pretty-much doing their own reloading.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Lithuania Picks New Assault Rifle For Its Land Forces

WARSAW — Lithuania's Ministry of Defense has ordered FN SCAR- H PR semi-automatic rifles for the country's armed forces. The 7.62 mm rifle is produced by Belgian arms manufacturer FN Herstal. The contract is worth 9.6 million litas (US $3.9 million), the ministry said in a statement. Deliveries of the weapons are scheduled to begin in 2014. The FN SCAR-H PR rifles will be supplied to the Lithuanian land forces. The weapons are to be fitted with rifle scopes made by German manufacturer Schmidt & Bender. The amount of rifles ordered was not disclosed by the ministry. FN Herstal developed the special operations forces combat assault rifle (SCAR) for the U.S. Special Operations Command. The Lithuanian armed forces will receive a precision rifle (PR) variant of the weapon. The rifle is available in a light (L) and heavy (H) version. Headquartered in Herstal, the manufacturer is owned by the country's Walloon Region. In addition to its Belgium-based plant, Herstal Group operates production facilities located in the US, Portugal, Japan and Finland. FN Herstal has a workforce of about 2,400, according to data released by the manufacturer.

Lithuania Picks New Assault Rifle For Its Land Forces | Defense News | defensenews.com

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Ak74 and Ak47

You can spot the differences between these two rifles, the gun on the top is a Bulgarian Circle 10 Ak74, the gun on the bottom is a Russian Tula AKM. The buttstock on the AK74 is made from solid wood and has lightening cuts along the side. The Russian AKM has a laminate wood stock. The magazines have a distinctly different look. The 74 has a straighter curve to the magazine because it is chambered in 5.45x39, while the 47 has a more curved magazine to fit the case angle of a 7.62x39 cartridge. The gas block on the ak74 is 90 degrees while the ak47 has a 45 degree angle. The front sight post on the ak74 has a bayonet lug, while the lug on the gas block is used to attach a grenade launcher. The muzzle break on the ak 74 is a longer design which helps mitigate the recoil much better than the ak47 style slant break.

ghost

mean while what are bsf soldier are enjoying

ghost

mean while what are bsf soldier are enjoying

ghost

i know where yopu are going now you will say that ofb make 5.56 is more dense hense more potent here i would agree with you but then tell me why this tender is taking place and dont say corruption because this tender is given priority 1 status by none other than by army chief .

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Please Somebody correct his Post sentence by Sentence ..It's so Hard to read it

about INSAS ..several my friends told It was their Third Hand to Hunt the b@stards ..So no problem about INSAS now

ghost

I just wish the present tender fails and then a new tender is issued in which this beauty compete.Provided everything said is true and its reliable enough this baby will revolutionize the assault rifle segment.A new gen+ in true sense.

The MDR is a perfectly balanced compact auto loading bullpup rifle that gives LE, Military and Government agencies an unrivaled ability to adapt and maneuver. The MDR converts without tools between 5 calibers. Using innovative technology such as the patent pending forward ejection mechanism and 100% ambidextrous controls the MDR can be used by any operator in any position;

* Portability – The MDR has unrivaled portability because it is lightweight, com- pact, ergonomic, and balanced with an overall length of 26"³ (or 20"³ with 10.5"³ barrel) and a weight of 7.12 – 7.5 lbs

* Adaptable – The MDR is adaptable in both size and caliber. It can quickly convert between five calibers, and its patent pending sighting system retains barrel zeros without the need to compensate for any impact shift.

* Ambidextrous – The MDR is fully ambidextrous with no modifications necessary. Our patent pending forward ejection mechanism and intuitive controls set a new bullpup standard for speed and precision.

Spindrift

@ghost
Desert tech's MDR looks like Kel-tec's RFB bullpup rifle, doesn't it?

Also do you have idea if Desert Tech and kel-tec collaborated in developing the MDR?

ghost

@ghost
Desert tech's MDR looks like Kel-tec's RFB bullpup rifle, doesn't it?

Also do you have idea if Desert Tech and kel-tec collaborated in developing the MDR?

First no they do not collaborated with each other they are two different comapany with 2 different gun

few difference between them are

MDR is multicalibre-5 CALIBRE where as RFB is not

MDR comes with iron sight where as in case of RFB it does not have iron sight

MDR retain barrel zero where as you have to fix it in case of RFB

Trigger of MDR is diffferent from RFB .It is much like bolt action rifle trigger means heavy as desert tech has expertise in making those unlike any other bullpup.

MDR was being developed from last five years right from scratch so nothing similar to other bullpup

MDR is still in development phase it may take some more time to it's launch where as rfb is already in the market.Actually MDR is the first bullpup of desert tech.

there are lot more differences between the two actual nothing is similar except the fact that both are bullpup.

where as looks is concerned

MDR looks LIKE RFB + TAVOR

Spindrift

@ghost

Thanks for the info...

ghost

You are welcome .Bro but just one request never say " thanks " to me i don't like this word.:thumb:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles