Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Also bayonets inclusion shows you how the bigwigs see the grunts.
The upper echelon mostly has a bunch of clowns with COIN mentality/experience more concerned about peacetime posting and kickbacks. Guess this is what peace time does to a military. Sets them back by a decade and keeps them there.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then how else will they buy cheap GL-Core crap from FAB to kit them. The OEM forward grip probably made a few people mad already. Also bayonets inclusion shows you how the bigwigs see the grunts. Also bare minimum handguard length cause new grip technics are probably childish to Indian army generals. I bet they at some point tried to issue a separate tender for even the cleaning kits for each rifle. But the factory already includes them inside the pistol grip.
View attachment 254480
No free-floating barrel, no ambi charging, no full length handguard with m-lok, no retractable/telescopic/ adjustable buttstock. This is the bare minimum of a rifle we're paying premium for since 2023. It's almost like bigwigs think the general grunt doesn't deserve anything better than what amounts to a 20+ year old setup with forward grips. And I didn't even rant about the caliber this time.
It’s a whole fkin corruption package today they got kickback to choose ak 203 tomorrow they will get it from the one upgrading it I have been always against this cheap ass ak 103mki it’s like they always want to be a decade or so behind everyone I don’t know when will the saturation come for this corrupted organisation

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The upper echelon mostly has a bunch of clowns with COIN mentality/experience more concerned about peacetime posting and kickbacks. Guess this is what peace time does to a military. Sets them back by a decade and keeps them there.
It’s like we are still stuck in the 90s we don’t have vision for anything whatever we do it’s always so outdated any mfs watching this(I don’t think so) who was part of this decision I hate you by the core and you should be sued for wasting our tax money

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Don't know about the technical details you have mentioned but it seems they do this deliberately so 5 years in the future they open more contracts for either different guns altogether or upgrade kits.

I hate Jernails more that opposition politicians including Kejri and Raul.
The Gravy train must never stop, you know it if you know it.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
everyone hates the Sig. Don't know why
Don’t hate the sigs but the way they are used it’s a Gucci rifle supposed to be used with lpvo’s or atleast a good optic sight but we use it like SLR our troops are not even trained on how to use it what’s the correct way to hold it to reduce recoil our troops used soviet style mag grip of this rifle and my personal hate for it is because army threw a temper tantrum on how soldiers are more familiar with AK style rifle and bought the cheap copy of ak103 the ak 203 and for emergency procurement guess what they bought a fkin AR style rifle sig 716i.

BlackViking

Country flag
Don’t hate the sigs but the way they are used it’s a Gucci rifle supposed to be used with lpvo’s or atleast a good optic sight but we use it like SLR our troops are not even trained on how to use it what’s the correct way to hold it to reduce recoil our troops used soviet style mag grip of this rifle and my personal hate for it is because army threw a temper tantrum on how soldiers are more familiar with AK style rifle and bought the cheap copy of ak103 the ak 203 and for emergency procurement guess what they bought a fkin AR style rifle sig 716i.
They call it agniveer ka weapon. Same for AK mods but the hate for sig is more.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They call it agniveer ka weapon. Same for AK mods but the hate for sig is more.
Because they don’t know how to use it if you fire sig 716i without proper grip it’s recoil will hit you like a train that’s why C-clamp is preferred but we don’t use it

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Because the dumdums haven't figured out about extending your support arm, placing your thumb over the bore and then locking the elbow and wrist to mitigate recoil. So they keep the relaxed support arm near the magwell and then complain about the recoil. Absolutely no effort is paid to properly train troops for the weapon. - "Here's the rifle, go figure it out".
But this is not entirely on the troops. This is the first time army got a standard issue rifle with a full length handguard. They are not used, to be able to utilize the extra acres of space on the rifle. Atleast they stopped extending the shooting hand as if the rifle didn't have a pistol grip.
1716744795473.png
1716744819440.png

And went the proper way.
1716744954393.png
\
But even here, you see even the aftermarket FAB crap we buy don't come with a full length handguard rail. Although, soldiers with a shorter forearm can work with these short handguards. But still the muzzle end sits too far away from the final grip position and makes it suboptimal.
1716745142173.png

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Because the dumdums haven't figured out about extending your support arm, placing your thumb over the bore and then locking the elbow and wrist to mitigate recoil. So they keep the relaxed support arm near the magwell and then complain about the recoil. Absolutely no effort is paid to properly train troops for the weapon. - "Here's the rifle, go figure it out".
But this is not entirely on the troops. This is the first time army got a standard issue rifle with a full length handguard. They are not used, to be able to utilize the extra acres of space on the rifle. Atleast they stopped extending the shooting hand as if the rifle didn't have a pistol grip.
View attachment 254854View attachment 254855
And went the proper way.
View attachment 254856 \
But even here, you see even the aftermarket FAB crap we buy don't come with a full length handguard rail. Although, soldiers with a shorter forearm can work with these short handguards. But still the muzzle end sits too far away from the final grip position and makes it suboptimal.
View attachment 254858
And this is why I'm coming around to see the selection of the Tavor/X-95 to be a good decision. Considering the average physique of Indian soldiers. Yes the old Tar-21/SARs can't side mount much because the charging handle extends all the way to the front, yes every time the barrel needs servicing, the top rail needs to come out too and be re-zeroed. And the awkward trigger guard makes shooting from a support surface annoying (the X-95 solves these grievances). But still to the Indian users they are damn fine manageable rifles, and once you train for the bullpup layout, their pros outweigh the cons.
1716745882509.png

Although the older models have awkward slippery handguards. And are better replaced with a forward grip. Which is why you see many soldiers gripping the trigger guard instead (when not issued a forward grip).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles