Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Yes u r right n u also agree that it was good.
It was never a bad gun according to me.it just had sheer unluck and incompetent and shoddy OFB workman ship

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Insas is a good weapon........!??!??
A good design,ruined by OFB babudom
Like any weapon system, say AK or AR, it should have had a natural evolution and transformed into a Chad spec ops standard Weapon or rather a family of weapons

But that is an alternate universe

Marliii

Country flag
Like any weapon system, say AK or AR, it should have had a natural evolution and transformed into a Chad spec ops standard Weapon or rather a family of weapons

The most worrying thing is OFB never learnt from its mistakes and may even does this shitty quality on the ak203 made here 😨😨

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The most worrying thing is OFB never learnt from its mistakes and may even does this shitty quality on the ak203 made here 😨😨
You're assuming the deal goes through
I'm willing to bet the deal will end just like the FGFA program after all the money just thrown in the air

And we purchase some AK15s off the shelf Insha Allah

Marliii

Country flag
You're assuming the deal goes through
I'm willing to bet the deal will end just like the FGFA program after all the money just thrown in the air

And we purchase some AK15s off the shelf Insha Allah
It has been 2 to 3 years it may join the ka226 deal and be scuttled

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

My biggest fear came true, The Indian Army wants that the carbines are required to be 650 mm long in foldable and 800 mm long in extended conditions and weigh no more than 3.3 kg. No AR-15 type rifle offers foldable stock or 650mm length in collapsed condition due to use of buffer tube. Only FN SCAR and SiG MCX remain qualified but SiG MCX is 3.4kg heavy so only FN SCAR Remains which is too too too much expenive to even dream of buying let alone reality, guess what... the specs were made specifically for OFB Carbine as Phashist Narinder Mudi once said Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Indian Army went too seriously😓.

1623128923859.jpeg

Last edited:

Marliii

Country flag
My biggest fear came true, The Indian Army wants that the carbines are required to be 650 mm long in foldable and 800 mm long in extended conditions and weigh no more than 3.3 kg. No AR-15 type rifle offers foldable stock or 650mm length in collapsed condition. Only FN SCAR and SiG MCX remain qualified but SiG MCX is 3.4kg heavy so only FN SCAR Remains which is too too too much expenive to even dream of buying let alone reality, guess what... the specs were made specifically for OFB Carbine as Phashist Narinder Mudi once said Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Indian Army went too seriously😓.

View attachment 93691
What is barrel length of this?

ketaki

Country flag
My biggest fear came true, The Indian Army wants that the carbines are required to be 650 mm long in foldable and 800 mm long in extended conditions and weigh no more than 3.3 kg. No AR-15 type rifle offers foldable stock or 650mm length in collapsed condition. Only FN SCAR and SiG MCX remain qualified but SiG MCX is 3.4kg heavy so only FN SCAR Remains which is too too too much expenive to even dream of buying let alone reality, guess what... the specs were made specifically for OFB Carbine as Phashist Narinder Mudi once said Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Indian Army went too seriously😓.

View attachment 93691
i have given up hopes that OFB, HAL, DRDO etc. are serious about 'atmanirbharta' or 'quality not quantity' fundas...

i never dare to blame IAF, IA, IN for their love of foreign maal since they have only alternative-> commie infested PSUs mentioned above + they have to fight and die with weapons they have (no PSU/MOD babu is gonna take responsibility for faulty weapons resulting in casualties)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Army babbus aren't gonna make it happen.army isn't gonna buy 3.5 lakh of OFB carbine for its front line soldiers
I proved in front of you what the fck is this GSQR tailor made for.

Marliii

Country flag
What the fck do you think the OFB carbine is?
Its gonna go the same way like OFB r2 that's my hope . I am gonna have to stock up my copium reserves if this is selected

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Its gonna go the same way like OFB r2 that's my hope . I am gonna have to stock up my copium reserves if this is selected
The OFB Carbine is just the 5.56 chopped version of the OFB Ghatak.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles