Separate Tamil nation will become a reality in Sri Lanka: M Karunanidhi

Do you support a separate homeland for Tamils in Sri Lanka?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I am not sure.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devgupt

Country flag
I think such statements set very dangerous precedents. We dont like it when others poke nose into our affairs and shout slogans for a "Free Kashmir"; same goes here.
We did say Free Bangladesh once and very soon we will saying Free Balochistan too

Sukerchakia

We did say Free Bangladesh once and very soon we will saying Free Balochistan too
We did once, but its not required if Pakistan behaves. And anyway, SL is unlike Pakistan so no reason why we should why allow politicians to make such stupid statements.

TheLord

Free tamil nation? After all the blood shed we saw this cunning cunt has the balls to pour fuel back into this issue? What did he do when he was in power? :mad:
He was on hunger strike with all comforts after breakfast and ended it before lunch. Do you still doubt his sincerity?

SPIEZ

Country flag
oh yeas.... so right! everyone knows how TN treat SL refugees...!

yeah right, we are not handing over our freedom to someone else!

Are you serious atleast we don't shell them and kill them execution style. But what so ever it is their nations internal affairs so can't do much.
I hope the Tamils see at least see a better future. It will also put out a lot of problems for Lanka too.

When it comes to sources you very well know how much anyone can provide for the discrimination to the Tamils. do u really want me provide a source?

Last edited:

devgupt

Country flag
We did once, but its not required if Pakistan behaves. And anyway, SL is unlike Pakistan so no reason why we should why allow politicians to make such stupid statements.

Putting it simply - there cannot be a blanket ban on calling for new nations by us .Certainly not because others may feel peeved.

Last edited:

Sukerchakia

Putting it simply - there cannot be a blanket ban on calling for new nations by us .Certainly not because others may feel peeved.
Arent we hypocrites, then? Others are sensitive too, just like we are about demand for separate homelands. Just because we are bigger, we cant follow one rule for us, another for everybody else.

Sukerchakia

National interest and geopolitical leverage > Uprightness.

We should if it keeps the Lankans in check.
It was precisely this logic that led us to support LTTE. What did that get us? 1000 dead soldiers and a dead PM.

We will be smart enough and wont repeat those "keeping them in check" mistakes. Besides the Lankans are going no where and its no water off our back if the Tamils there get effed. Edit: They were already effed. Just dont need to reignite dying embers.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It was precisely this logic that led us to support LTTE. What did that get us? 1000 dead soldiers and a dead PM.

We will be smart enough and wont repeat those "keeping them in check" mistakes. Besides the Lankans are going no where and its no water off our back if the Tamils there get effed.
I am not proposing support to LTTE. My contention is that our national interests must not be guided by useless morals since they play no part in geopolitics.

As of now Lanka sits firmly in Chinese camp and no amount of courting is going to get it back under our sphere of influence. If raising the Eelam issue means a having a bargaining chip while dealing with SL then why not?
If by being hypocrite we can meet our objectives then I see no harm in being one.

Whether supporting Eelam will get us that leverage is a different matter altogether.

Sukerchakia

I am not proposing support to LTTE. My contention is that our national interests must not be guided by useless morals since they play no part in geopolitics.

As of now Lanka sits firmly in Chinese camp and no amount of courting is going to get it back under our sphere of influence. If raising the Eelam issue means a having a bargaining chip while dealing with SL then why not?
If by being hypocrite we can meet our objectives then I see no harm in being one.

Whether supporting Eelam will get us that leverage is a different matter altogether.
I dont think SL is in any camp whatsoever. Its been courted by all because of its strategic location. China and Pakistan stepped in wherever we couldnt provide them what they were looking for. Chinese built them a port and the Pakis got them military equip. We didnt do either, though we were building a port for the Persians. Probably because Hambantota is a competitor for our ports. But for the Chinese, there was no such issue so they built it. We didnt want to supply arms, again due to our BS "Tamil" sensitivities. So we cant blame the Lankans for being selfish in their own interests, can we?

Lets look for better and positive ways to keep them closer to us.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I dont think SL is in any camp whatsoever.
You're dead wrong here.
They allow the Chinese to station spy vessels on their ports ffs!!

China and Pakistan stepped in wherever we couldnt provide them what they were looking for. Chinese built them a port and the Pakis got them military equip.
Military equipment to commit genocide. I'm okay with it, but from someone who was talking of morality a couple of posts back, it sounds strange(no disrespect).

Probably because Hambantota is a competitor for our ports.
Hambantota should be countered by building a larger port in India and diverting their trade.

But for the Chinese, there was no such issue so they built it.
Ring of Pearls?

So we cant blame the Lankans for being selfish in their own interests, can we?
Yes we can, would it make up look hypocritical? Perhaps.
Should we care? No.

Let us keep all options open.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
We didnt want to supply arms, again due to our BS "Tamil" sensitivities. So we cant blame the Lankans for being selfish in their own interests, can we?
Your Tamil population sensitives are Bull shit to you because you want to please the SL?(i can use my favourite word- Lick here, but i am choosing not to:dude:)

By keeping us out?:dude:

Yet You call yourselves as national interestists then?- Hypocrites:puke:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

but from someone who was talking of morality a couple of posts back, it sounds strange(no disrespect).

Most Self prclaimed Nationalists and Moralists are Hypocrites. There is no True Nationalist here AFAIK(may be a few, but i wont name them till i am sure).- True Story.

devgupt

Country flag
The thing is we shouldnt care how SL behaves with its minorities. Not our concern at all.
Who will have to deal with Tamil refugees ?
Remember the official reason we went to war with Pakistan was that the flood of refugees from East Pakistan

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You have no clue about history do you? IPKF was never sent to help LTTE. It actually killed several tamils there thanks to the Bribes given by SLG to RAW- which in turn fed it to PM Rajiv. There was widespsread protest against the IPKF in SL in TN- though every one in TN first welcomed the Presence of IPKF there. The fact is India did not make up its mind before or even now on this issue(if it had, it would have used it against the SLG not against the SL Tamils). If it had, we would have had a seperate Tamil Land in SL which would have been our protectorate. We missed our chance.

We will be smart enough and wont repeat those "keeping them in check" mistakes. Besides the Lankans are going no where and its no water off our back if the Tamils there get effed. Edit: They were already effed. Just dont need to reignite dying embers.
The morals in you which adviced me in the other thread regarding P**istan is now speaking right?:pound:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles