SCE-200 Semi-cryogenic Engine - News, Updates and Reports

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Chinmoy @Swesh @Vamsi @porky_kicker @ezsasa, @SKC @Lonewolf @Haldilal and other engaged members. I have merged and moved certain posts from other ISRO thread to fill stuff here as I don't have time to write up entire stuff here. So, I will change Zebra's leading post with mine for one summary. Kindly collect all further updates on engine here from now onwards and keep LPSC's Methane rocket engine away from this thread.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Reposting quotes of tweets from @Vamsi 's post.
Source: Chetan Kumar
Expect a #GSLVMk3 or #LVM3 update later today, or latest by early tomorrow. There may be some good development. Hoping to get more in the next few hours. I've already given a hint on what it could be.
Here We Go: #Update #Thread As #GSLVMk3 or #LVM3 prepares for its second commercial launch, @isro efforts on enhancing its weight-lifting capacity is gaining pace. I hear that the qualification tests for semi-cryo (SC120) are expected to be completed in a couple of months. 1/n
Isro spokesperson Sudheer Kumar said: “GSLVMk3 prog was envisaged to eventually carry at least 10 tonnes to LEO & 6 tonnes to GTO. We’ll achieve this with an upgrade of CUS with additional propellant loading & induction of semi-cryo stage that will replace L110…” 6/n
“...Work on semi-cryo engine is almost nearing completion. Qualification tests are in progress. Stage & engine devp phase is complete, and the test stand is getting ready... Sub-system level tests are going on at facilities in Mahendragiri & LPSC,” he added. 7/n

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Numerical investigations on Direct Contact Condensation (DCC) of oxygen vapor at the inlet duct to the main LOX pump in a staged combustion cycle based rocket engine
(Attached PDF File)
Can you provide the original link or reference of this attachment urgently please? Gotta cite it somewhere.

Swesh

On Semicryogenic Propulsion System Project)

.Development of seven out of eight engine subsystems completed.
.Intermediate configuration of the engine (Power Head Test Article or PHTA) realized through Indian industries
.First major of PHTA is planned in the fourth quarter of 2022-23 from the Integrated Engine Test stand
.Integrated Engine Test stand expected to be commissioned by the end of February 2023.

Swesh

On SC120 semicryogenic stage

One ISROSENE propellant tank and two sets of LOX propellant tank for SC120 stage ready and went through proof pressure tests.
Structural qualification tests on both the ISROSENE & LOX tank are to be carried out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles