Rustom 2/TAPAS/BH-201 MALE UAV News Updates and Discussions

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Several drone projects abandon for this project , there was a panchi project,other small drone project also abandon ,we only see their model in def expo and aero india ,lakshya target drone but forces use banshee target drone ,the drone team of Drdo hasn't delivered a tangible weapon in a decade ,if govt had invited local startups and funded them ,we could have had atleast one good drone programme but now they say 2020 Deadline like it matters.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
You're once again hand waving and pulling crap from your posterior! You haven't mentioned anything on how Rustom 2 is superior to MQ1!!! Post if you KNOW that Rustom 2 can carry more than 2 missiles, else STFU!
Rustom can carry 350-400kg payload. This was said in a speech on Rustom-2. Unless you expect that to mean 2 missiles of 150-200kg each, it is obvious that the drone can carry more than 2 missiles. Considering that Helina weighs 45kg and SANT may weigh 60kg more, I would expect 6 or 4 missile capacity.

Enquirer

Rustom can carry 350-400kg payload. This was said in a speech on Rustom-2. Unless you expect that to mean 2 missiles of 150-200kg each, it is obvious that the drone can carry more than 2 missiles. Considering that Helina weighs 45kg and SANT may weigh 60kg more, I would expect 6 or 4 missile capacity.
Once again you spoke like a real nincompoop!
Helina missiles won't just hang alongside Rustom 2! It needs a launch tube, a launcher, a pylon and cooling system!!!
Each 2 missile configuration is expected to weigh around 200 kgs!!
Also where exactly would you sling the missiles? Rustom 2 design doesn't leave any room under the wings (think carefully before you post another stupid rebuttal. Before you look at a static picture and jump at the possibility of slinging something between fuselage & engine, know that the propeller turns!).
The only option is perhaps underbelly - that also is dicey as the EO pod is in the fore!! They might squeeze two single launchers under the belly, so that the missiles are aligned slightly left & slightly right of the EO pod!!!

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Once again you spoke like a real nincompoop!
Helina missiles won't just hang alongside Rustom 2! It needs a launch tube, a launcher, a pylon and cooling system!!!
Each 2 missile configuration is expected to weigh around 200 kgs!!
Also where exactly would you sling the missiles? Rustom 2 design doesn't leave any room under the wings (think carefully before you post another stupid rebuttal. Before you look at a static picture and jump at the possibility of slinging something between fuselage & engine, know that the propeller turns!).
The only option is perhaps underbelly - that also is dicey as the EO pod is in the fore!! They might squeeze two single launchers under the belly, so that the missiles are aligned slightly left & slightly right of the EO pod!!!
You are consistently being a moron. SANT missile is rail launched. Helina is tube launched. It is perfectly possible that SANT missile is used instead of Helina. I have mentioned both in my above comment.

Next, if you have not noticed, there is a big space on the wings after the engine:

The space after the engine on each wing can be used to carry 2 SANT missiles (~60kg each). The SANT missile can be racked like this: No, each missile won't need 150kg heavy pylons. The pylons are made of lightweight aluminium and weighs about 50kg for a racked missile set.

Enquirer

You are consistently being a moron. SANT missile is rail launched. Helina is tube launched. It is perfectly possible that SANT missile is used instead of Helina. I have mentioned both in my above comment.

Next, if you have not noticed, there is a big space on the wings after the engine:

The space after the engine on each wing can be used to carry 2 SANT missiles (~60kg each). The SANT missile can be racked like this: No, each missile won't need 150kg heavy pylons. The pylons are made of lightweight aluminium and weighs about 50kg for a racked missile set.

Yeah right! You've plenty space all the way to the wing tip!!
Only an idiot will assume that the wing is strengthened all the way for carrying 200kg weapon pods!!

Rustom 2 was never designed for carrying weapons, as such its VERY UNLIKELY that the wing was strengthened to carry the weapons pylons!!

Also pylons are not it...missiles need launchers too (if you squint a little hard, you might see those between the pylon and the missile!) which are pretty heavy too!!

Remember that I've no real interest in arguing with a moron like you. I post rebuttals to your nonsense only to ensure other members don't get taken in by you confident BS!!

Reactions: G10

Enquirer

The weapons pylon on MQ9 wings you showed (so stupidly) in the pic is placed (close to the wing root) in lieu of the engines....not placed next to engines like u're suggesting!! MORON!

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Yeah right! You've plenty space all the way to the wing tip!!
Only an idiot will assume that the wing is strengthened all the way for carrying 200kg weapon pods!!

Rustom 2 was never designed for carrying weapons, as such its VERY UNLIKELY that the wing was strengthened to carry the weapons pylons!!

Also pylons are not it...missiles need launchers too (if you squint a little hard, you might see those between the pylon and the missile!) which are pretty heavy too!!

Remember that I've no real interest in arguing with a moron like you. I post rebuttals to your nonsense only to ensure other members don't get taken in by you confident BS!!
You speak as if you made the drones first hand. How do you know that Rustom was not designed to carry weapons? Rustom is not a stealth strike drone but primarily a surveillance drone with secondary strike option. But, there is a strike option.

Yes, moron, the pylons with rack is what I said to weigh 50kg. They are liftable by hand and fitted by screws in 10 minutes. They are desgned to ensure that the service team can fit and refit any type of weapon quickly on the battlefield.

And finally, I never said that the missiles can be fitted till the wing tip. The insane exaggeration of yours is just a figment of your imagination/ here, let me show you a picture of the possible pylon location:

Just see how long the wings are:

each wing is roughly 10m long. do you really need to place it at wing tip? Can't the ammunition be placed at 2-3m from the fuselage?

Enquirer

You speak as if you made the drones first hand. How do you know that Rustom was not designed to carry weapons? Rustom is not a stealth strike drone but primarily a surveillance drone with secondary strike option. But, there is a strike option.

Yes, moron, the pylons with rack is what I said to weigh 50kg. They are liftable by hand and fitted by screws in 10 minutes. They are desgned to ensure that the service team can fit and refit any type of weapon quickly on the battlefield.

And finally, I never said that the missiles can be fitted till the wing tip. The insane exaggeration of yours is just a figment of your imagination/ here, let me show you a picture of the possible pylon location:

Just see how long the wings are:

each wing is roughly 10m long. do you really need to place it at wing tip? Can't the ammunition be placed at 2-3m from the fuselage?
There's no point in arguing about the physics of cantilevers with a middle school drop out! You keep saying 'look how long the wing is' ROFL!!!!

200 kg weapon pylon 2-3 meters away from the engine LOL - that's a good 3-4 meters away from the fuselage! Do you have any idea about the weight of the Helina launcher (even without the launch tube & pylon)?

Even MQ9, custom built as a bad ass combat drone, has it's 3rd or extreme-end hardpoint on its wing (in fact rarely used) payload capability of 68Kgs!!! Even this 3rd hardpoint is closer to the fuselage than you're moronically suggesting a pylon can be placed at!!

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
There's no point in arguing about the physics of cantilevers with a middle school drop out! You keep saying 'look how long the wing is' ROFL!!!!

200 kg weapon pylon 2-3 meters away from the engine LOL - that's a good 3-4 meters away from the fuselage! Do you have any idea about the weight of the Helina launcher (even without the launch tube & pylon)?

Even MQ9, custom built as a bad ass combat drone, has it's 3rd or extreme-end hardpoint on its wing (in fact rarely used) payload capability of 68Kgs!!! Even this 3rd hardpoint is closer to the fuselage than you're moronically suggesting a pylon can be placed at!!
Why do you behave like a moron everytime? I said 2-3m from fuselage, not engine. Can't you read for once?

The engine is less than 1m from the fuselage and is about 1m in diameter. So, after that, there is place to keep the payload.

Enquirer

Why do you behave like a moron everytime? I said 2-3m from fuselage, not engine. Can't you read for once?

The engine is less than 1m from the fuselage and is about 1m in diameter. So, after that, there is place to keep the payload.
Big F'ing deal! That's still the same location that MQ9 (custom built combat drone) has the max payload of 68Kgs!!! The logic I presented remains unscathed!

You can't respond to any of the technical, engineering or logical aspects I mentioned. Like a'hole u keep farting nonstop!!!

Enquirer

https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/newsletter/2018/july_18.pdf

Tapas: Performance Capabilities:

Service Ceiling: 32,000 ft, Operating Altitude: up to 30,000 ft
Control and carry out mission through Internal Pilot (IP) from Ground Control Station (GCS)
Endurance (take-off to landing) of 24 hours with Long Range ElectroOptic (LREO) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) payloads at an altitude of 20,000 feet (about 7 km)
Capable of carrying multiple payloads like Electro-0ptic, Signal Intelligence, Image Intelligence along with Situational Awareness Payloads like Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), Identification of Friend or Foe (IFF), Automatic Identification System (AIS)
Launch capability from an altitude of 11,000 ft

Salient Features
Multi-mission capabilities with variety of payloads.
State-of-the-art real-time simulator to train external pilot.
World class GCS & datalinks.
Advanced Ground Support Systems (RAIR & HILS).
Flight Control (GTH & GHH) Logics.
Airworthiness Certification by CEMILAC (DO178B-Level A); first time in the country for UAV.
Easy up-gradation and customisation based on user requirements. (ARMED?? BUT TOTAL PAYLOAD IS ONLY 350 KG)
Easy maintenance and cost-effective product lifecycle support.
Technologies being developed, legacy for future UAV/UCAV.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/newsletter/2018/july_18.pdf

Tapas: Performance Capabilities:

Service Ceiling: 32,000 ft, Operating Altitude: up to 30,000 ft
Control and carry out mission through Internal Pilot (IP) from Ground Control Station (GCS)
Endurance (take-off to landing) of 24 hours with Long Range ElectroOptic (LREO) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) payloads at an altitude of 20,000 feet (about 7 km)
Capable of carrying multiple payloads like Electro-0ptic, Signal Intelligence, Image Intelligence along with Situational Awareness Payloads like Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), Identification of Friend or Foe (IFF), Automatic Identification System (AIS)
Launch capability from an altitude of 11,000 ft

Salient Features
Multi-mission capabilities with variety of payloads.
State-of-the-art real-time simulator to train external pilot.
World class GCS & datalinks.
Advanced Ground Support Systems (RAIR & HILS).
Flight Control (GTH & GHH) Logics.
Airworthiness Certification by CEMILAC (DO178B-Level A); first time in the country for UAV.
Easy up-gradation and customisation based on user requirements. (ARMED?? BUT TOTAL PAYLOAD IS ONLY 350 KG)
Easy maintenance and cost-effective product lifecycle support.
Technologies being developed, legacy for future UAV/UCAV.
NAG is 42 kg per unit(wiki).. How much does an optical payload weigh?

Enquirer

NAG is 42 kg per unit(wiki).. How much does an optical payload weigh?
LREO is around 100kgs
SAR will be around 50-100kgs
ELINT & COMINT will be another 100 kgs
+Data links +power systems etc etc...
There's no provision for missiles in the 350kg payload limit.

Nag/Helina missile system is not just a missile but also needs a launch tube, pylon, cooling system etc. A 2 missile Helina launch system weighs around 150-180 kgs!

Also there's no 'room' for the missiles in the current config. Much has been discussed about this....scroll up and read earlier posts.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
LREO is around 100kgs
SAR will be around 50-100kgs
ELINT & COMINT will be another 100 kgs
+Data links +power systems etc etc...
There's no provision for missiles in the 350kg payload limit.

Nag/Helina missile system is not just a missile but also needs a launch tube, pylon, cooling system etc. A 2 missile Helina launch system weighs around 150-180 kgs!

Also there's no 'room' for the missiles in the current config. Much has been discussed about this....scroll up and read earlier posts.
The SAR and other ELINT, optical items wre internal. They will be part of the empty weight snd not considered as payload.

The UAV is not just an empty tube with nothing but flight control insude. The 350kg payload is external. It can carry 4 SANT missile

PS- Refer to images showing the various internal parts of Tapas in this theead itself. It could be possible that some payloads like SAR could be interchanged with ELINT or ELINT interchanged with SIGNINT, but overall, these are to be present internally

Last edited:

Enquirer

The SAR and other ELINT, optical items wre internal. They will be part of the empty weight snd not considered as payload.

The UAV is not just an empty tube with nothing but flight control insude. The 350kg payload is external. It can carry 4 SANT missile
You again with your stinking farts!!!
Which nut job has told you that Rustom/Tapas payload is only external? Show me one reliable source! I provided a link to DRDO newsletter that has a comprehensive description of the program - yet you continue to croak like an a'hole!!!
Since Nishant and then Rustom 1 days, DRDO has always considered sensors/radars as 'payload' (even though that's not the case with western UAV designers!)!!!
Rustom 2 was renamed to Tapas just to give the platform an exclusive ISR role!
Rustom 2 will need to be redesigned to accommodate weapons.

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
You again with your stinking farts!!!
Which nut job has told you that Rustom/Tapas payload is only external? Show me one reliable source! I provided a link to DRDO newsletter that has a comprehensive description of the program - yet you continue to croak like an a'hole!!!
Since Nishant and then Rustom 1 days, DRDO has always considered sensors/radars as 'payload' (even though that's not the case with western UAV designers!)!!!
Rustom 2 was renamed to Tapas just to give the platform an exclusive ISR role!
Rustom 2 will need to be redesigned to accommodate weapons.
Oh my god, what kind of retard are you? Do you understand centre if gravity, aerodynamic stability? If you consider the sensors which are at the nose of the UAV as payload which are removable, how will you account for centre of gravity and aerodynamic stability?

It is impossible to fly Tapas with SAR if it has been designed to.fly normally without it and vice versa as the UAV would have been designed fir certain weight balance

Enquirer

Oh my god, what kind of retard are you? Do you understand centre if gravity, aerodynamic stability? If you consider the sensors which are at the nose of the UAV as payload which are removable, how will you account for centre of gravity and aerodynamic stability?

It is impossible to fly Tapas with SAR if it has been designed to.fly normally without it and vice versa as the UAV would have been designed fir certain weight balance
Yo imbecile!
Every aircraft is designed (CG, CP etc) to fly with its intended payload on it. If/when the relevant equipment is not available they use 'ballast'!
A born retard like you will need massive gene therapy to reprogram your block head to comprehend basic science & logic!
What is it with you and your shithole mentality that you won't read/understand stated facts but will relish on self concocted shit all the time? As disgusting as your autocoprophagy is, it's even more disgusting that others have to witness it!!!

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Yo imbecile!
Every aircraft is designed (CG, CP etc) to fly with its intended payload on it. If/when the relevant equipment is not available they use 'ballast'!
A born retard like you will need massive gene therapy to reprogram your block head to comprehend basic science & logic!
What is it with you and your shithole mentality that you won't read/understand stated facts but will relish on self concocted shit all the time? As disgusting as your autocoprophagy is, it's even more disgusting that others have to witness it!!!
If the ballast is used in place of the sensor, how is the sensor considered as payload?

Do you make up your own stuff that DRDO considers sensors within the 350kg payload? Do you have any source to prpve this?

If you can't get a proper source, ho back into the shithole you came from

Enquirer

If the ballast is used in place of the sensor, how is the sensor considered as payload?

Do you make up your own stuff that DRDO considers sensors within the 350kg payload? Do you have any source to prpve this?

If you can't get a proper source, ho back into the shithole you came from
Yo autocoprophagious a'hole!!
Did you read the DRDO's own newsletter (to which I provided the link for) where all the sensors are referred to (multiple times) as 'payload'??

Now that you've stuffed enough of your own shit in your mouth, can you shut the F up??

Also, ballast is a placeholder! In your deranged world (where you waddle in your own shit, after having a mouthful) you might design & validate an aircraft for years and then load 350kgs aft of the aircraft. F'ing moron!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles